squats

Options
vv523
vv523 Posts: 429 Member
I've been doing squats for 20 days and my legs are getting some shape have you been squatting?

Replies

• ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I squat heavy(45 lbs in a backpack) three times a week and started a body-weight squat challenge 6 days ago. So yea, I'm squatting a lot. I can feel my quad muscles more and my bum is getting into some sort of shape. lol
  • Sycoholic
    Sycoholic Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Nope. Hate 'em. Always tears up my legs and takes me out of running for a few days. I'm actually starting a good leg routine (that will incorporate squats) next week. I'll be sticking to it and working through the pain. Once my legs are used to recovering I'll be fine with my running again.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I really want to....I mean I really really want to do squats again. I've been out of the gym for almost 10 years now (since before my first back surgery), and I soooo want to start lifting heavy again!
  • SeaStar
    SeaStar Posts: 113
    Options
    Yeah! I do at least 50 squats a day :)
  • leahrightley
    Options
    45lbs is an unloaded barbell. Lol. How is that heavy?
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    First day of squatting heavy yesterday... and I did it wrong....and I hurt today.
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    Options

my thoughts exactly
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Yep. Broke 100kg on Wednesday.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    squats a re in my exercise video ........................must be two meanings......................
    nothing with weights.........................................
    i d ont do weights ......strength training wiont help me lose weight
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options

Uhm, cause its heavy for her! I just started doing weighted squats in April, and just got to 50 pounds (2 25 pound dumbells). FOR ME that is heavy. Everyone starts somewhere, and the point of lifting heavy is lifting as heavy as YOU can and progressing, not whats heavy to someone else, right??? LOL
  • msmariimac
    msmariimac Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yep! It's the quickest way for me to lean out my legs and I love that I can do them almost anytime.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Yes. I warm up starting at 150-170 lbs and go up to 250 or more lbs. :)
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I do squats 3 times a week and in just a little over a month I have already gotten a lot of improvement in my legs and butt... But I also do straight legged deadlifts and run daily, so that helps, too :) I do different types of squats, some with weight and some without... I have a love/hate relationship with them lol
  • ladymiseryali
    Options

Being that I don't have a barbell bar, and I went from doing squats with a 20 lb dumbbell a few months ago to 45 lbs in a backpack now, I would qualify that as heavy. I work with what I have.

Also didn't ask for snark.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options
    strength training wiont help me lose weight
    No, but it will make the results of losing weight a lot better.
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options

my thoughts exactly

Obnoxious much?
  • ladymiseryali
    Options

Being that I don't have a barbell bar, and I went from doing squats with a 20 lb dumbbell a few months ago to 45 lbs in a backpack now, I would qualify that as heavy. I work with what I have.

Also didn't ask for snark.

Do you think i care about your opinion? No probably not skrillex

WTF? Did I do something to you in a past life? I didn't provoke you, so what's with the attitude?
  • madrose0715
    Options
    OP - just ignore the ignorant.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options

my thoughts exactly

Obnoxious much?
    Considering that squats start out with your body weight, 45 lbs is quite a bit less than that. That would be like saying I'm doing heavy curls by drinking from a 32 oz water bottle that doesn't even weigh as much as my arm.

Squats without any weight isn't really that much of an "exercise." I do that like 100 times a day as a matter of normal daily activity, every time I stand up from a chair. Doing an extra dozen isn't going to make a difference.
  • madrose0715
    Options

my thoughts exactly

Obnoxious much?
    Considering that squats start out with your body weight, 45 lbs is quite a bit less than that. That would be like saying I'm doing heavy curls by drinking from a 32 oz water bottle that doesn't even weigh as much as my arm.

Squats without any weight isn't really that much of an "exercise." I do that like 100 times a day as a matter of normal daily activity, every time I stand up from a chair. Doing an extra dozen isn't going to make a difference.

The two comments were entirely obnoxious and self-serving. Heavy lifting, in particular in the beginning, is subjective to the individual doing the lifting. Get over the 'I am a better heavy-lifter' than you attitude. Or continue sounding like an arrogant and ignorant individual. Whatever.