squats

Options

Replies

• LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    hey, let's all judge each other. cuz you know, we haven't done that in twenty minutes.
    Yes, lets do that instead of trying to understand what will best help us get toward our fitness goals.
  • KBjimAZ
    KBjimAZ Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I love forums about squatting. So much "my way or no way". There are a dozen ways to squat, and do so correctly with good form, and all of them offer their benefits.

Heavy is relative...to both the lifter, as well as the type of squat you are doing. No need to smirk at one another.

Lots of good squat info can be found at squatrx.blogspot.com as well as bretcontreras.com
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    hey, let's all judge each other. cuz you know, we haven't done that in twenty minutes.

In...

...for more judgment.

On topic: Yay, OP. Keep going in the right direction.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    How has this thread gone three pages without anyone mentioning that the OP is wearing black panties with a lifting belt? Seriously, what is up with that profile picture?
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    squats a re in my exercise video ........................must be two meanings......................
    nothing with weights.........................................
    i d ont do weights ......strength training wiont help me lose weight

You have to be one of the best trolls I've ever seen.
  • Esther50
    Esther50 Posts: 252
    Options
    I need to be more consistent with squats. They hurt and I have trouble keeping the motivation.
    But I will keep trying.
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    they are soooooooooo hard and painful but sooooo beneficial! We all want that hot *kitten* bootay ;)

Also if your legs are hurting you are doing it wrong! I invested a good 2-3 hours on Youtube finding the 'correct' way to squat! Well worth a look! :)
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    How has this thread gone three pages without anyone mentioning that the OP is wearing black panties with a lifting belt? Seriously, what is up with that profile picture?

Because everyone is too busy mud slinging and arguing over what the term "heavy" means for everyone.
    Cause you know, "heavy" is the same for every single person out there. It's not subjective to a person's fitness level...at all.
  • melb_alex
    Options

hahaha ahhhh the epic controversial introduction!
    I agree lets support each other :)
  • melb_alex
    Options

ahahahahahha

too funny i am glad i joined hahaha
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

I'm really sorry I enlarged that pic. Thanks Dave.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

Not until you said something and...

OP, but you um accented your assets....
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options

Black panties ? You do know the OP is a guy ?
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options

Do panties stop being panties just because a man wears them? Those are panties.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options

I cant tell, but if you say so
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

They don't look like it because the black continues above the belt, so I'm thinking something along

Overhead-Press-1_zps21b083ca.jpg
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I did 3x5 BB squats for 6 months three days a week, it really jumped started my quad growth. Now I do 5x5 BB squats, it's easier on my lower back, but since not going to muscle fatigue in each set I also do leg extensions and leg presses.

I look at my quads in more admiration than any other body part even though most besides those who knock on door early in the morning will ever see them. A lot of guys don't work their legs because the ladies are all about the arms, chest, six pack, and Adonis belt.
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Looks like he is packing some heat in those black panties, now his inbox will get flooded with pm's from all the women on the forum.
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    45lbs is an unloaded barbell. Lol. How is that heavy?

my thoughts exactly

Obnoxious much?
    Considering that squats start out with your body weight, 45 lbs is quite a bit less than that. That would be like saying I'm doing heavy curls by drinking from a 32 oz water bottle that doesn't even weigh as much as my arm.

Squats without any weight isn't really that much of an "exercise." I do that like 100 times a day as a matter of normal daily activity, every time I stand up from a chair. Doing an extra dozen isn't going to make a difference.

It would be 45 pounds plus body weight. Are you for real?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

They don't look like it because the black continues above the belt, so I'm thinking something along

Overhead-Press-1_zps21b083ca.jpg

I will accept this explanation. There's also a vacuum in the background. From the umm....state of things, looks like he's really really exited to do some housework!