squats

Options

Replies

• healthyKYgirl
    healthyKYgirl Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    45lbs is an unloaded barbell. Lol. How is that heavy?

my thoughts exactly

Everyone's heavy is different. Just because it's not heavy to you, doesn't mean it's not heavy to them. When I started, I couldn't even do a quarter body weight squat or even a wall squat, I had so many mobility issues. Now I back squat 125 (still not where I want to be, but it's getting better). Everyone starts somewhere and improves over time.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    How has this thread gone three pages without anyone mentioning that the OP is wearing black panties with a lifting belt? Seriously, what is up with that profile picture?

Black panties ? You do know the OP is a guy ?
    Do panties stop being panties just because a man wears them? Those are panties.

They don't look like it because the black continues above the belt, so I'm thinking something along

Overhead-Press-1_zps21b083ca.jpg

I will accept this explanation. There's also a vacuum in the background. From the umm....state of things, looks like he's really really exited to do some housework!

I was buying into this explanation...

...until I went back to actually look at the pic.

Imagine my surprise to find it's an upright vacuum...

...and not a shopvac.

So now I'm just confused.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

I was buying into this explanation...

...until I went back to actually look at the pic.

Imagine my surprise to find it's an upright vacuum...

...and not a shopvac.

So now I'm just confused.

I meant more the outfit not that he was doing an over head press =P although he could be doing one. I don't know I can't see the whole room :tongue:
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    yup! squats are awesome. I like, I f*cking hate doing them. But I do them because they make me look sexy.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I will just blissfully ignore OP's profile pic.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    45lbs is an unloaded barbell. Lol. How is that heavy?

my thoughts exactly

Obnoxious much?
    Considering that squats start out with your body weight, 45 lbs is quite a bit less than that. That would be like saying I'm doing heavy curls by drinking from a 32 oz water bottle that doesn't even weigh as much as my arm.

Squats without any weight isn't really that much of an "exercise." I do that like 100 times a day as a matter of normal daily activity, every time I stand up from a chair. Doing an extra dozen isn't going to make a difference.

The two comments were entirely obnoxious and self-serving. Heavy lifting, in particular in the beginning, is subjective to the individual doing the lifting. Get over the 'I am a better heavy-lifter' than you attitude. Or continue sounding like an arrogant and ignorant individual. Whatever.
    I was explaining why 45 lbs is not "heavy" for squats. Just because the other two were obnoxious about it doesn't mean they're wrong.
    Actually youre wrong. If squats with no weight is body weight, then squats with 45lbs + Bodyweight is A LOT of weight. STFU.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    How has this thread gone three pages without anyone mentioning that the OP is wearing black panties with a lifting belt? Seriously, what is up with that profile picture?

They don't look like it because the black continues above the belt, so I'm thinking something along

I will accept this explanation. There's also a vacuum in the background. From the umm....state of things, looks like he's really really exited to do some housework!

WHY DID YOU MAKE ME GO BACK TO LOOK AT THE PROFILE.

WHY!

:sad:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

^all this and then ....

49063-harry-potter-put-a-ring-on-it-9t20.gif
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

^all this and then ....

Omg, that gif gets me EVERY time. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I love forums about squatting. So much "my way or no way". There are a dozen ways to squat, and do so correctly with good form, and all of them offer their benefits.

Heavy is relative...to both the lifter, as well as the type of squat you are doing. No need to smirk at one another.

Lots of good squat info can be found at squatrx.blogspot.com as well as bretcontreras.com

QFT

I squat like this

beyonce-superbowl-_2473524b.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

they are man-panties. mom-brain squish to "manties". haven't done that in awhile.
  • gostumpy
    gostumpy Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I've recently started doing bodyweight exercises, and squats are a big part of it... I had a hard time doing 15-20 proper squats without any weight, I'm sure 45lbs extra would have made me stop at 10-15.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 day squat challenge and just finished day 9.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I've recently started doing bodyweight exercises, and squats are a big part of it... I had a hard time doing 15-20 proper squats without any weight, I'm sure 45lbs extra would have made me stop at 10-15.

agreed.

even though it's our body weight, my legs for one are not "accustomed" to doing squats with it. so adding even one lb is adding weight for me.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I love squats.

I do wide squats with an overhead press, and then narrow squats holding a plate and get down as far as I can go. Usually 3 sets of each, interspersed with lunges and deadlifts. I love my leg day! And it sure does make my legs (and butt) look better.

Squats are awesome. Babies/toddlers squat so easily when they are learning to stand and walk - somewhere along the line we stop doing it and lose all that form. Keep squatting!!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Where is the arrow pointing to the semi boner in that pic?
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I just don't understand all the hate against people who squat less than others. When I started squats, I was head-to-toe achy with just that unloaded 45 pound bar for 8-10 reps in each set. I now warm up with 10 reps of 95 pounds, and my working sets this week were 3x5 using 155 pounds with a 1RM of 180 pounds.

But had I not started with just the bar, I would have seriously injured myself and would never have progressed to where I am today. I plan on attempted 160 pounds for my 3x5 sets next Tuesday.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

WHY DID YOU MAKE ME GO BACK TO LOOK AT THE PROFILE.

WHY!

:sad:

Right!

I could have gone my whole life without seeing that.
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options

^all this and then ....

omg. laughing. so very hard. I have never seen this one...
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I started off doing bodyweight squats, after 3 weeks of squatting with a barbell I am now squatting 110lbs, my legs are getting in crazy shape, quads of steel lol!:happy: