Day after STEAK

Options

Replies

• Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Lots of water (triple what you normally drink) and either a mild laxative or stool softener--beef can bind you up pretty badly. Then back to normal. As the others said, one misstep isn't the end of the world.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Lots of water (triple what you normally drink) and either a mild laxative or stool softener--beef can bind you up pretty badly. Then back to normal. As the others said, one misstep isn't the end of the world.

You don't need a laxative to pass a steak...
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

You're recommending a preemptive laxative for ONE STEAK?!?

And steak and broccoli is a "misstep"??

I don't...

I can't...

I...

*sigh*
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    whiskey helps.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options

You don't need a laxative to pass a steak...

If you're uptight enough about "clean eatin'" to consider a steak and broccoli meal to be a misstep, then perhaps you do need a laxative.
  • Annerk1
    Options

I don't...

I can't...

I...

*sigh*

Like I said, a gentle laxative or stool softener. 16 ounces of steak is going to be hard to pass for someone who typically eats 1/4 of that. And yes, a POUND of steak is most certainly a misstep.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I ate a 16 oz Tbone steak lastnight with broccoli, (I know I should have ate 5 oz)... I figured one bad meal with little carbs/sugar wouldnt ruin anything. This morning my tummy is poking out a lot and I feel heavier! How do I correct this?? Fast for 2 days...

Day after STEAK was something I did with my friends right after high school. The day after we had a "friend over for a sleepover" we'd call up our buddies and go hit a steakhouse.

You correct it by going to the head and getting lighter. To do so, if you have transit issues, fiber, fiber, fiber. Watermelon is a real good one, for me at least, even though it is all sugar.
  • jbbrannon
    jbbrannon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I would love to have some steak. I haven't eaten any beef since November, 2012!!!
  • dbmata
    Options
    And yes, a POUND of steak is most certainly a misstep.

orly? How long have you been a nutritionist?
  • Annerk1
    Options
    If you're uptight enough about "clean eatin'" to consider a steak and broccoli meal to be a misstep, then perhaps you do need a laxative.

I eat steak, I don't eat an entire pound of it in a single sitting. In fact six ounces is typically my limit before I start to feel ill--four ounces is a nice portion. That has nothing to do with clean eating, weight control, or anything else other than not wanting to feel bloated and disgusting.
  • Annerk1
    Options

You don't have to be a nutritionist to know that a pound of steak isn't a good idea for someone trying to lose weight. What would you call it if not a misstep?
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry.

But I like big steaks. And I cannot lie.

Cow steaks that is. Or Bison.

Salmon or Halibut too.
  • dbmata
    Options

You don't have to be a nutritionist to know that a pound of steak isn't a good idea for someone trying to lose weight. What would you call it if not a misstep?

I would knock off the hyperbole and call it roughly 900 calories. Which if someone can eat excellent protein without going over their caloric goal, why have the irrational freak out and labeling?

You do not have to be a nutritionist to know that if you eat something like that and still maintain adherence to your goals, it's no big deal. I'd call it a misstep to immediately react in a manner that immediately labels it as bad without having any appropriate data to back it up.

Know what I mean?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

I'd call it dinner.
  • dbmata
    Options
    I'd call it dinner.

How does 8pm sound? I've been wanting a porterhouse for days.
  • Annerk1
    Options

I would knock off the hyperbole and call it roughly 900 calories. Which if someone can eat excellent protein without going over their caloric goal, why have the irrational freak out and labeling?

You do not have to be a nutritionist to know that if you eat something like that and still maintain adherence to your goals, it's no big deal. I'd call it a misstep to immediately react in a manner that immediately labels it as bad without having any appropriate data to back it up.

Know what I mean?

However it wasn't in the OP's goals. Therefore it was a misstep. No hyperbole.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I ate a 16 oz Tbone steak lastnight with broccoli, (I know I should have ate 5 oz)... I figured one bad meal with little carbs/sugar wouldnt ruin anything. This morning my tummy is poking out a lot and I feel heavier! How do I correct this?? Fast for 2 days...

yeah...watch out for a really "hard" BM LOL a lot of meat like that will kinda mess with your digestive system.

Gross right? Well..its the truth. and don't fast. Just eat a lot of high fiber foods to "push" that big ol steak through.

hmmm. I call BS. I've eaten a pound of meat (cow, pig or chicken) in one sitting many times without sh!tting a rock. Maybe if you're not used to it...
  • Annerk1
    Options

yeah...watch out for a really "hard" BM LOL a lot of meat like that will kinda mess with your digestive system.

Gross right? Well..its the truth. and don't fast. Just eat a lot of high fiber foods to "push" that big ol steak through.

hmmm. I call BS. I've eaten a pound of meat (cow, pig or chicken) in one sitting many times without sh!tting a rock. Maybe if you're not used to it...

The OP stated that they typically eat less than 1/3 of what they ate, so it's very possible that they will either become constipated or have very hard stool as a result.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

I don't...

I can't...

I...

*sigh*

Like I said, a gentle laxative or stool softener. 16 ounces of steak is going to be hard to pass for someone who typically eats 1/4 of that. And yes, a POUND of steak is most certainly a misstep.

No a pound of steak is not a misstep. I eat 16-24 oz (sometimes, 32 oz omg!) of chicken (or beef or pork) almost every day for dinner. Depends on your goals. Oh yeah, I lose weight doing this as well. Not to mention the 1/2 lb of chicken (or more) for lunch daily.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Ever stop to think that it may be the cruciferous vegetables that are responsible?