Day after STEAK

Options
12346»

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    And yes, a POUND of steak is most certainly a misstep.

orly? How long have you been a nutritionist?

You don't have to be a nutritionist to know that a pound of steak isn't a good idea for someone trying to lose weight. What would you call it if not a misstep?

it's like you're doubling and then tripling down on your wrongnicity.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

You don't have to be a nutritionist to know that a pound of steak isn't a good idea for someone trying to lose weight. What would you call it if not a misstep?

I suddenly have an urge to have a very large steak
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Everyone here should just STOP.

STOP eating steak. Its bad for you. I tell you what I will do. Since its so bad for you all, I will eat the rest of the steak that is left in the world so you all dont have to. I know, I know its a burden, but its a sacrifice that Im willing to make to help all my fellow MFP'rs out. Remember. No more steak. Steak bad.

More for me thanks!
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options

I suddenly have an urge to have a very large steak

mmmmmmmm, steak...

<insert drooling Homer Simpson gif here>

*I'm busy today, don't have time to pull it up.

**I lied...I'm just lazy...
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options

STOP eating steak. Its bad for you. I tell you what I will do. Since its so bad for you all, I will eat the rest of the steak that is left in the world so you all dont have to. I know, I know its a burden, but its a sacrifice that Im willing to make to help all my fellow MFP'rs out. Remember. No more steak. Steak bad.

More for me thanks!

You should be commended for your sacrifice, sir. But I'm not giving my steak up to you, others that are "dieting" will have to give you theirs. Sry.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options

More for me thanks!

You should be commended for your sacrifice, sir. But I'm not giving my steak up to you, others that are "dieting" will have to give you theirs. Sry.

Well, there is a tremendous amount of steak left in the world. I suppose I could use some help.

bakura-eating-steak-o.gif

Whos with me?
  • Sawjer
    Sawjer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    How is this considered a cheat? Sounds pretty damn amazing to me and fine within the dieting world!
  • WTJoyce
    WTJoyce Posts: 86
    Options
    I don't see the problem 16 oz of lean beef is about 320 calories according to MFP.
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I don't see the problem 16 oz of lean beef is about 320 calories according to MFP.

Lean beef is 50 calories per ounce. When I went to school, that's 800 calories for a one pound steak.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Lean beef is 50 calories per ounce. When I went to school, that's 800 calories for a one pound steak.

(Indeed, the MFP database entries for beef are a wonderful example of one of the most irritating MFP problems.)

ETA: Still not a reason to consider this a substantial misstep that requires any reactive corrective action for OP (and not a misstep at all, in fact, a step in the right direction for many others on MFP).
  • WTJoyce
    WTJoyce Posts: 86
    Options
    So I was wrong, but here is what happened when I entered the food in MFP:

Beef - Any Lean Cut of Steak, Grilled or Broiled, 16 ounce cooked 320 0 27 43

It leaves me wondering how I lose weight using this tool.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options

lots of double entries and incorrect macros. Got to double check sometimes. I think this is half the issue with the "I can't eat 1200" crew :laugh:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

That would be correct if it was a lean, tough, nasty steak. You can get a sirloin like that from anyplace, usually on their low cal menu.

Where you went wrong is assuming it's that type of steak. Usually those are made in 4-6 oz cuts *because that's all anybody wants of that mess*. A 16 oz steak is much likelier to be a delicious fatty cut of meat and will have higher calories than that. when choosing from the database don't pick the lowest choice, pick the most likely choice