This picture really annoyed me.

Options
mperrott2205
mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
http://imgur.com/bqC9NvN

I've noticed this a lot on social media sites and what not, but this just summed it up nicely to me. Gah.

Replies

• mperrott2205
    Options
    p.s. dunno how to post pictures on the forums here :) woops!
  • scarlettgeorgia4
    scarlettgeorgia4 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    ugh i so know what you mean! each to their bloody own
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    agreed!
  • mperrott2205
    Options
    ugh i so know what you mean! each to their bloody own

Well it's more the fact that people are always so supportive of people being fat, saying that "You should be proud of who you are!! Being fat is normal!"

No it isn't. The boy and girl worked hard to get their bodies and then you get a bunch of deluded people saying that what they have is "un-natural" and that "women are supposed to be curvy".

oasinfoasnfoasdasda
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's pretty crap. The fat chick has a better body than I do and I bust my *kitten*. I'm certainly not lazy or gluttonous.
  • rudarbe
    rudarbe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    WOW, what the hell?!
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    p.s. dunno how to post pictures on the forums here :) woops!

Remove the spaces below. :)

[ i m g ] http://imgur.com/bqC9NvN [ / i m g ]
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    And why is there just a woman in the second pic? It's so much more acceptable to be overweight if you're male!
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I see what you mean, that gorilla has no business being in there.
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I think everyone should be comfortable with their own bodies. With that being said, my mother taught me if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. What I have noticed on social media, and in general, is that if people are looking at photos of something or someone they know, they always compliment. The people that posted in response to chubby girl probably knew her. The people that responded to the fit people didn't know those people. Its easier to criticize things that aren't close to us.

Plus, the picture of the fit people challenges unhealthy foods. Don't criticize people's food choice. Saying you can only look that way if you put down the candy bar, well that pisses people off.

BTW we are all guilty of this. How many times have you seen a friend's baby's pic and said out loud "oh what a cute baby" when in reality you were thinking "wow that baby is ugly". If you didn't know the baby's parent, you would have said it out loud.

No it saying it's okay. Its how people are.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I disagree. The truth might be hard to swallow but less body fat is usually more healthy. and it IS a lot of work to shop/cook/eat healthily AND get enough exercise. I agree they are hard words to hear but in my case I can't say they're wrong.
  • obeseandsassy
    obeseandsassy Posts: 118
    Options
    people have different body types, regardless of how much they exercise or what they eat. to some people, it's not a priority to look like a bodybuilder. And that's okay!!

But when people say all fat people are lazy, my morbidly obese self laughs. hysterically. as i work full time and put myself through school and ask for nothing from anyone.

i will never understand why people have to make themselves feel better at the expense of other people. that girl is a real, live, breathing person with a life and a personality. to have some random fool on the internet type some text over her, assuming how she is, is not okay. focus on YOU and don't worry about what anyone else chooses to do with their body. it's not your business.
  • Chip436
    Chip436 Posts: 14
    Options
    All the comments surrounding the girl with abs are so negative. They are all saying how disgusting she is, and how unfit she is, and how they hate her body. Why is it that it's unhealthy for a girl to show the same behaviours as a guy getting abs?
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    This picture really annoys me. I know some pics just get under your skin.

mama-water-slide.gif

C'mon now, I love Mamma June! And, she has recently lost over 100 lbs! Go Mamma June!
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I disagree. The truth might be hard to swallow but less body fat is usually more healthy. and it IS a lot of work to shop/cook/eat healthily AND get enough exercise. I agree they are hard words to hear but in my case I can't say they're wrong.

but to label someone lazy based on appearance alone is ridiculous. there are plenty of lazy people who are healthy looking, but hardly ever workout. There are plenty of people that are over weight or even obese who are working out regularly and eating very nutritiously..
  • AlexThreeClaw
    AlexThreeClaw Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm amused by the comments that try to claim the couple in the gym are "anorexic" and that the lady "needs some meat on her bones". Anorexic people don't have visible muscles, they're often lucky to have any muscle left at all, and "meat", well, meat is muscle. You don't see people sending back their steak because it doesn't have enough chewy fat on it.

So much ignorance! If you couldn't laugh, it'd make you cry.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    We shouldn't label people full stop..it's a kinda racist thing.

But that's MY opinion.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Life is too short to put others down for their appearance.

I believe the happier one is with themselves, the less time they have for such things.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Ok, it does annoy me that it seems that people are now thinking "It's cool to be overweight! You're a REAL woman! You're beautiful!" but when you work out or are naturally thin, you're abnormal and it's totally ok to put you down. At the same time, I don't think it's ok to say that all overweight people are lazy and gluttonous.

It's not ok to put ANY body type down!!!!!!! People spend too much time worrying about what OTHER people do to their bodies!!

That being said, I have gotten ridiculed and put down A LOT more now than when I was overweight. NO ONE said one word to me about my eating habits when I was downing 3 candy bars in one sitting!! These days if I pass on seconds people want to call me an anorexic, obsessed, and no fun. Go figure.

Can I also say how much I hate the saying "Real women have curves"?
    tumblr_losn0x1elD1qkgsm7o1_400.png
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Filing this under "Things Other People Do That Have No Effect On My Life"
This discussion has been closed.