This picture really annoyed me.

Options

Replies

• devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Would you think it was "funny" if I suggested your prerogative is a product of being hungry? I mean, that's ok right? I am just making jokes about thin people stereotypes -- oh wait, you said things like that upset in your initial post. My point is that it's not ok to shame ANYONE because of their weight or size of shape -- you said that initially and them go on to post a comic that. I am just pointing out that if you don't like it done to you, don't do it to others. It's not about being able to "take a joke" it's about seeing hypocrisy and knowing the world would be a better place if NONE of existed, even in the jokes a un-funny comedians. The best comedy isn't about perpetuating stereotypes, it's about holding a harsh mirror up to those who stereotype and making THEM uncomfortable.
    You suck at making jokes. Do us all a favor and don't do it.

tumblr_m695pquFMt1rqfhi2o1_500.gif
    Just a spectator who sees someone that got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, and wants everyone else to feel miserable because she feels miserable. If that's not you, then try to smile and actually be polite to people.

Lea_laughing_gif_2.gif

I hope nobody pays you to be a psychic.
    Now that was actually funny! You're getting the hang of it!

tumblr_m53wcj6zMu1rsvk1mo1_500.gif
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    Panderator+tr7bSnw_ug492071250330487techn.gif

Not done on a treadmill. TechoViking fail.
  • Skratchie
    Skratchie Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    What bothers me is that the girl who is alone is labeled as lazy & gluttonous. But how do we know what her story is? This could be a progress pic, where she's come a long way toward a healthier lifestyle.

This is why I would not post pics of myself on the internet at this point. I'm busting my *kitten* to look better and feel better, and if someone were to make such assumptions about me, I'd have to hunt them down and do bad things to them.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Panderator+tr7bSnw_ug492071250330487techn.gif

Not done on a treadmill. TechoViking fail.

when you're techno viking, the whole world is your treadmill.

900x900px-LL-f03c7403_techno-viking-action-figure-doll.jpeg
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    For those of you who don't know who the "lazy, gluttonous" girl is or why she'd put a picture of herself in a bikini on the internet, here you go:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20641516,00.html

Her name is Stella Boonshoft, she has PCOS and writes a fat acceptance blog.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    This picture annoys me. I can't make heads or tails of it.
    602817_3923343460505_229728718_n.jpg
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    This is the best thread I've ever made. YAY!

d6d024ce-50ca-4481-ab13-24e9a9f69b24

tumblr_medkbaTdOU1rspgd0.gif

You don't even go here!!!
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m53wcj6zMu1rsvk1mo1_500.gif
    You made me angry. That's all. Sent you a message because I think it's gotten past the forums.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Wow, that was pretty terrible. It's a case of cheering on the underdog gone horribly wrong and of the common practice of underachievers tearing down achievers due to personal insecurity. It's a shame really.

Oh, and techno viking is awesome!
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    This is the best thread I've ever made. YAY!

d6d024ce-50ca-4481-ab13-24e9a9f69b24

I know, right? It's like it brought everyone closer together. I can just FEEL the love.
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    For those of you who don't know who the "lazy, gluttonous" girl is or why she'd put a picture of herself in a bikini on the internet, here you go:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20641516,00.html

Her name is Stella Boonshoft, she has PCOS and writes a fat acceptance blog.

^ This

Plus, placing her photo next to the fit couple makes it look like she advocates being unhealthy and not doing exercise. Fat acceptance isn't the same thing as being lazy, and her opinion on the athletic bodies may even be pretty positive...
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    What bothers me is that the girl who is alone is labeled as lazy & gluttonous. But how do we know what her story is? This could be a progress pic, where she's come a long way toward a healthier lifestyle.

This is why I would not post pics of myself on the internet at this point. I'm busting my *kitten* to look better and feel better, and if someone were to make such assumptions about me, I'd have to hunt them down and do bad things to them.

Nor do we know the story of the other two - how hard they worked, what challenges they faced, what their motivation was or even if they were overweight previously.
    It's not fun to work your *kitten* off, achieve something you really didn't think you could, to be proud of yourself and happy with your results then have people describe you as gross or tell you you look like a man (both of those have been said to me on this forum)

Regardless of where you are in your progress, you are going to be subject to negative comments.

It's not ok on either side.

Back to the gifs.
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    This picture annoys me. I can't make heads or tails of it.
    602817_3923343460505_229728718_n.jpg
    That's awesome! Is it a photo from the front or the side...?
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryog-cgp9_I

Because I think we've forgotten what's really important...objectification
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Wow, that was pretty terrible. It's a case of cheering on the underdog gone horribly wrong and of the common practice of underachievers tearing down achievers due to personal insecurity. It's a shame really.

Oh, and techno viking is awesome!

sensible MFP member is sensible.
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Well in my view you can't compare the top picture to the bottom picture. There are a few reasons.

1. Not everyone can have abs.

I am trying to get a flat stomach. It's hard. Hey at lest it's smaller than what it was!

2. the bottom picture of the girl isn't that bad. Nor is she obese in my view.

The girl has the same body type as me. If she would do a little extra work she would have muscle galore. Trouble spots would be her inner thighs and her stomach area.

She's right. She will never be "thin" but like me, she can and will get a good body. I wish her luck.
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options

Nor do we know the story of the other two - how hard they worked, what challenges they faced, what their motivation was or even if they were overweight previously.
    It's not fun to work your *kitten* off, achieve something you really didn't think you could, to be proud of yourself and happy with your results then have people describe you as gross or tell you you look like a man (both of those have been said to me on this forum)

Regardless of where you are in your progress, you are going to be subject to negative comments.

Back to the gifs.

Not a gif, but...

marshmallow10cake.jpg
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Back to the gifs.

Not a gif, but...

marshmallow10cake.jpg

I like cake.
  • obeseandsassy
    obeseandsassy Posts: 118
    Options

Back to the gifs.

Not a gif, but...

marshmallow10cake.jpg

I like cake.

CAKE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Well....this thread is pleasant.
This discussion has been closed.