This picture really annoyed me.

Options

Replies

• BeccaAnderton
    Options
    Filing this under "Things Other People Do That Have No Effect On My Life"

This. Yes. Exactly.

That picture has taken two extreme examples of two body types. That larger girl said she posted it on Tumblr, I have an account on there and you'll find a HELL of a lot of people bigging up girls with abs (and I mean, good for them, the effort to get them is insane!), you also get little anonymous idiots calling larger girls fat and telling them to "lose a few lbs". People form opinions and that's life, but someone's size doesn't effect anyone else at the end of the day. And good for the lass being proud of her body, why should she be shamed for that? I wish I was that confident about my body!
    Just live and let live.
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I'd rather look like the chubby woman than that ripped couple in the image above her. Plus, her confidence is sexy!

strange statement on a weight loss forum !!!!!!!!!

dont people realise the couple above can lose that ripped lok in a day or two after a competition or photo shoot !!!

Yes but I'm not sure how what you said is relevant to my post...
  • Falenea
    Falenea Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    The world is full of many different people of all sizes shapes and colors. I choose to judge none of them. That's what makes the world so grand.
  • SexyCool13
    SexyCool13 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    So...no one bothered to post the actual photo that she was talking about, huh?
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I like the abs, that girl can eat whatever she wants because she works her butt off. That's inspirational to me.
    Just a preference of course, like everything. It really does take all kinds.
  • Tamm04
    Tamm04 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I don't know the story of the lady in the 2nd photo who isn't stick thin. However, the first thing that came to MY mind is perhaps her sassy confidence comes from the fact she just lost perhaps 60 lbs...or 90 lbs...and feels good about it? That's a great accomplishment. Maybe she DOES need encouragement and a 'great job' because she's achieving goals. We shouldn't assume she's 'fat and lazy' when in fact she may be turning life around and on her way DOWN the scale instead of up.

Just my 2 cents worth!
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I think it's sad that folks are denigrating both the ripped girl and the chubbier one.

really low body fat % on women is not a look that appeals to everyone and neither is a few pounds overweight look. It's purely aesthetic. Get over it and work towards your own goal and if you're a man then just sleep with, fantasize about whatever type of women tickles your fancy.

Get over yourselves people!
  • peachfigs
    Options
    Also... I don't really think comparing an athletic person to a fat person is particularly useful. Yes, athletic bodies are subjected to nasty comments such as "eww, she looks like a man" or whatever, but that's nothing on the scale of what fat people have to do deal with. It's not a very good comparison at all.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    post-11467-Just-because-you-are-offended-ueJw_zps5b1756c7.gif

I don't know about everyone else but I got fat eating too much. I lost weight eating less and working out. I guess you could say fat people are fit people who haven't started working out yet. :bigsmile:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would think it was funny if you suggested that I was hungry. lol You know why? Because I actually have a sense of humor.

tumblr_m8g8s250jf1rs25p4o4_250_zps90baf7c9.gif
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Also... I don't really think comparing an athletic person to a fat person is particularly useful. Yes, athletic bodies are subjected to nasty comments such as "eww, she looks like a man" or whatever, but that's nothing on the scale of what fat people have to do deal with. It's not a very good comparison at all.

Why isn't it a good comparison? If athletic people are subject to nasty comments and so are fat people, why aren't they the same?
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options

http://s3.favim.com/orig/44/blair-gif-gossip-girl-Favim.com-371409.gif

[/img]

You don't have enough curves to be a real human, I don't argue with fake women for longer than an hour.

Lucky for you, I have a big butt and can't find usually find pants unless they are specifically "curvy fit". So that means I qualify. YEA!!! Lets beat that dead horse some more! :D

deadhorse1.gif
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    post-11467-Just-because-you-are-offended-ueJw_zps5b1756c7.gif

I don't know about everyone else but I got fat eating too much. I lost weight eating less. I guess you could say fat people are fit people who haven't started working out yet. :bigsmile:

Haha I knew it was only time until people also thought of Ricky Gervais :laugh:
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options

33766733.jpg
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    h94BBD6AD
    Now that's AWESOME!!!
  • peachfigs
    Options

Why isn't it a good comparison? If athletic people are subject to nasty comments and so are fat people, why aren't they the same?

Well firstly, all bodies receive nasty criticism, even thin bodies.

But the point is, no other body type receives that kind of mockery that a fat body will get. It's just not equal. I'm not even sure I have to explain why it's not equal. You only have to switch on the TV or look in magazines to see the way fat people are portrayed.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    i lol'd at everything
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Would you think it was "funny" if I suggested your prerogative is a product of being hungry? I mean, that's ok right? I am just making jokes about thin people stereotypes -- oh wait, you said things like that upset in your initial post. My point is that it's not ok to shame ANYONE because of their weight or size of shape -- you said that initially and them go on to post a comic that. I am just pointing out that if you don't like it done to you, don't do it to others. It's not about being able to "take a joke" it's about seeing hypocrisy and knowing the world would be a better place if NONE of existed, even in the jokes a un-funny comedians. The best comedy isn't about perpetuating stereotypes, it's about holding a harsh mirror up to those who stereotype and making THEM uncomfortable.
    You suck at making jokes. Do us all a favor and don't do it.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Man there is a whole lot of angry fat people... and I'm not just talking volume...
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

http://s3.favim.com/orig/44/blair-gif-gossip-girl-Favim.com-371409.gif

[/img]

You don't have enough curves to be a real human, I don't argue with fake women for longer than an hour.

Lucky for you, I have a big butt and can't find usually find pants unless they are specifically "curvy fit". So that means I qualify. YEA!!! Lets beat that dead horse some more! :D

deadhorse1.gif

tumblr_lzvydg1Wgd1r5jtugo1_250.gif
This discussion has been closed.