This picture really annoyed me.

Options

Replies

• devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Would you think it was "funny" if I suggested your prerogative is a product of being hungry? I mean, that's ok right? I am just making jokes about thin people stereotypes -- oh wait, you said things like that upset in your initial post. My point is that it's not ok to shame ANYONE because of their weight or size of shape -- you said that initially and them go on to post a comic that. I am just pointing out that if you don't like it done to you, don't do it to others. It's not about being able to "take a joke" it's about seeing hypocrisy and knowing the world would be a better place if NONE of existed, even in the jokes a un-funny comedians. The best comedy isn't about perpetuating stereotypes, it's about holding a harsh mirror up to those who stereotype and making THEM uncomfortable.
    You suck at making jokes. Do us all a favor and don't do it.

tumblr_m695pquFMt1rqfhi2o1_500.gif
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    You don't have enough curves to be a real human, I don't argue with fake women for longer than an hour.
    Get over yourself.
  • 5n0wbal1
    Options
    Would you think it was "funny" if I suggested your prerogative is a product of being hungry? I mean, that's ok right? I am just making jokes about thin people stereotypes -- oh wait, you said things like that upset in your initial post. My point is that it's not ok to shame ANYONE because of their weight or size of shape -- you said that initially and them go on to post a comic that. I am just pointing out that if you don't like it done to you, don't do it to others. It's not about being able to "take a joke" it's about seeing hypocrisy and knowing the world would be a better place if NONE of existed, even in the jokes a un-funny comedians. The best comedy isn't about perpetuating stereotypes, it's about holding a harsh mirror up to those who stereotype and making THEM uncomfortable.

Just a spectator who sees someone that got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, and wants everyone else to feel miserable because she feels miserable. If that's not you, then try to smile and actually be polite to people.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    You don't have enough curves to be a real human, I don't argue with fake women for longer than an hour.
    Get over yourself.

Um, seriously you need to read everything and not quote out of context. I posted those things because they are completely non-legit things to say. So

tumblr_m72bmiRgOO1rqm4fi.png
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Also... I don't really think comparing an athletic person to a fat person is particularly useful. Yes, athletic bodies are subjected to nasty comments such as "eww, she looks like a man" or whatever, but that's nothing on the scale of what fat people have to do deal with. It's not a very good comparison at all.

33766733.jpg

My comment has nothing to do with my life, it's just an observation. :smile:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Also... I don't really think comparing an athletic person to a fat person is particularly useful. Yes, athletic bodies are subjected to nasty comments such as "eww, she looks like a man" or whatever, but that's nothing on the scale of what fat people have to do deal with. It's not a very good comparison at all.

Why isn't it a good comparison? If athletic people are subject to nasty comments and so are fat people, why aren't they the same?

Well firstly, all bodies receive nasty criticism, even thin bodies.

But the point is, no other body type receives that kind of mockery that a fat body will get. It's just not equal. I'm not even sure I have to explain why it's not equal. You only have to switch on the TV or look in magazines to see the way fat people are portrayed.

I guess I was just oblivious when I was fat, I never noticed any mockery aimed at myself.

Regardless of volume, surely you can agree that it's just as hurtful for a fit person to be called nasty things as it is for a fat person?
  • peachfigs
    Options

Why isn't it a good comparison? If athletic people are subject to nasty comments and so are fat people, why aren't they the same?

But the point is, no other body type receives that kind of mockery that a fat body will get. It's just not equal. I'm not even sure I have to explain why it's not equal. You only have to switch on the TV or look in magazines to see the way fat people are portrayed.

I guess I was just oblivious when I was fat, I never noticed any mockery aimed at myself.

Regardless of volume, surely you can agree that it's just as hurtful for a fit person to be called nasty things as it is for a fat person?

Of course I can. I don't think it's okay to mock any body type.

That's not what I said. :flowerforyou:

Edit: Also, I do feel a lot of the hate directed at fit/thin people is often out of jealousy. Mean comments directed at fat people are almost never for that reason.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options

You're missing my point.
  • 5n0wbal1
    Options
    Get over yourself.

Um, seriously you need to read everything and not quote out of context. I posted those things because they are completely non-legit things to say. So

tumblr_m72bmiRgOO1rqm4fi.png
    Then don't say them. It's really that simple.
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    This picture really annoys me. I know some pics just get under your skin.

mama-water-slide.gif

Excuse me while I throw up my breakfast.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Man there is a whole lot of angry fat people... and I'm not just talking volume...

bazinga.gif
  • peachfigs
    Options

You're missing my point.

I understood.
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    This is the best thread I've ever made. YAY!

d6d024ce-50ca-4481-ab13-24e9a9f69b24
  • BoomstickChick
    Options
    Yeah, it's pretty crap. The fat chick has a better body than I do and I bust my *kitten*. I'm certainly not lazy or gluttonous.

Lmao, same here... Minus the baby belly. My body is horrendous.
  • 5n0wbal1
    Options

Just a spectator who sees someone that got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, and wants everyone else to feel miserable because she feels miserable. If that's not you, then try to smile and actually be polite to people.

Lea_laughing_gif_2.gif

I hope nobody pays you to be a psychic.
    Now that was actually funny! You're getting the hang of it!
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options

Of course I can. I don't think it's okay to mock any body type.

That's not what I said. :flowerforyou:

Edit: Also, I do feel a lot of the hate directed at fit/thin people is often out of jealousy. Mean comments directed at fat people are almost never for that reason.

maybe we are just jealous of all the awesome food they eat and the appearance of being so carefree?
  • 5n0wbal1
    Options

Yes. Yes it is.
  • rmn79
    rmn79 Posts: 39
    Options
    I found the comment that the fit chick needs to "eat a sandwich" quite hilarious. She probably eats 3x more than those idiots calling her out.

Yes!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

tumblr_medkbaTdOU1rspgd0.gif
  • BoomstickChick
    Options
    I think the "glutton" looks better than the first two.
This discussion has been closed.