Is this the worst that can happen to me?

Options

Replies

• twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    jofit and rosemary are you the comedy duo that are going to lighten things up now :laugh:
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

Yeah inbetween typing up my own thread about people who have to write threads about people who have to whinge about overating by 300calories and who should be grateful that they don't have anything more serious in their lives like the OP

Hope you managed to keep up with that?

You spelled "whine" wrong. You must not be from around here.

:wink:

How did she misspell whine when she used the word whinge (which was spelled correctly)?

Well, apparently it was a joke.....which no one got....because it wasn't and she's just back tracking now.
    [/quote]

Nope not back tracking. My sense of humor is subtle, wicked and not easily understood by everyone.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    In...

...because I sincerely believe things will change now.

tumblr_mlsmeqR4m11qdlh1io1_400.gif
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options

Yeah inbetween typing up my own thread about people who have to write threads about people who have to whinge about overating by 300calories and who should be grateful that they don't have anything more serious in their lives like the OP

How did she misspell whine when she used the word whinge (which was spelled correctly)?

Well, apparently it was a joke.....which no one got....because it wasn't and she's just back tracking now.
    [/quote]

Lol I am dyslexic - i'm not going to lie to you I did have to google it. "Damn, is it whinge or whine or... wine even?"
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I understand what you're saying, OP, and I don't disagree, but everyone's problems are real and large to them. We don't get to decide how things make other people feel. Something that would be minor to many people can be a massive obstacle to someone who doesn't have the same coping skills that we do.

When I read threads like that, I quietly roll my eyes, think that person is very lucky that their minor (to me) issue is the biggest thing they have to worry about, and either ignore the thread, or try to make them feel a little better.

Yup this. Also:

tumblr_maqcy6WQTG1qakrdzo1_500_zpsf960246c.gif
  • sexymuffintop
    sexymuffintop Posts: 636
    Options
    You know what, EVERYONE on here will of had some **** to face at some point in their lives. Some more so than others. I have had some awful things happen to me, but they happened to ME, they are not things I feel the need to share with the world wide web or use them to berate over people with if I feel they are being trivial about weight loss and calorie counting.

I personally find your post quite offensive. This is a diet and fitness forum. Not a 'who's had the crappiest deal in life forum'. If people want to moan about anything diet related,or have question to ask let them, that's kinda what the site is about. It doesn't matter if it seems trivial. Life goes on, we exist, we have to be happy, if weight loss helps make us happy after **** things happening to us thats only a good thing.
  • twinketta
    Options
    [Nope not back tracking. My sense of humor is subtle, wicked and not easily understood by everyone.]

OP your sense of humour is atrocious, certainly not subtle. Maybe wicked and not easily understood?
  • CrazyTrackLady
    Options

Lol I am dyslexic - i'm not going to lie to you I did have to google it. "Damn, is it whinge or whine or... wine even?"
    [/quote]

I'm still upset that we Americans have mangled the spelling of the following: organise, behaviour, and theatre.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I think that people complaining about their weight loss/fitness issues on a weight loss/fitness website is to be expected and kind of the point.

This is not the place to whack our life traumas on the table for people to analyse.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    Options
    [Nope not back tracking. My sense of humor is subtle, wicked and not easily understood by everyone.]

OP your sense of humour is atrocious, certainly not subtle. Maybe wicked and not easily understood?

So then does this qualify as a personal attack? I'm curious to know if I should report it or not. Or maybe, I don't care enough. Move along, will ya?
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

And the raven called the crow black.
  • A1CNobody
    A1CNobody Posts: 13
    Options
    Don't make weight loss into a pissing contest. Different things are harder for different people.

Basic training? That was hard.
    Getting back to my pre-basic weight? Harder.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Yeah but in Patois to 'whine' is a dancehall way to dance...so where does that leave OP??!
  • CrazyTrackLady
    Options

I LOVE this response. Whether it's directed at me or not, I love it.
  • LisaBeateith2012
    LisaBeateith2012 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with you on this OP! :flowerforyou:
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options

So then does this qualify as a personal attack? I'm curious to know if I should report it or not. Or maybe, I don't care enough. Move along, will ya?

Move along will you?**
  • MissSharon2013
    MissSharon2013 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I am also a cancer survivor. Had my share of tragedies. Mom and niece died in a car accident. First husband passed away of a sudden illness. No. It's not the end of the world. But. It helps to get that emotional support when you've gone over. That's what we do. We pick one another up. So. Maybe just within the context of this site...it IS the end of the world...maybe we just need someone to say, You're gonna be all right.
  • just_fur_luck
    just_fur_luck Posts: 141 Member
    Options

thats-racist.gif
  • twinketta
    Options

Certainly not a personal attack :wink: Don`t you see my wink?

OP, I am not trying to be insulting to you.

I am trying to help you see the other side of the coin.

Not correcting people with `spelling` mistakes because they are from UK and not US

Also, because people are allowed to whinge/whine on this website (whether or not they have had misfortune in their lives)
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    You know, just cause you've witnessed a bunch of stuff doesn't mean other people's concerns are invalid. Seeking advice and support is what this board is for. Um, look at the title.

I'm a cancer survivor. I think I've suffered enough for you. At some point I may be concerned about a hamstring or something less threatening. That's what this board is about.

The point I am trying to make is this: when someone is feeling frustrated about losing those last three vanity pounds, or going over their daily caloric intake by only 300 cals, a little perspective can help them from feeling so disheartened.

This particular thread is about learning to appreciate what we have overcome, weight challenges aside, and letting go of some of the obsessive thoughts we have over our body size and shapes. There are always WORSE things that can happen.

As a cancer survivor, I am shocked to read you didn't "get" the message here. I'd think surviving cancer trumps pulled hamstrings any day. I know a few cancer survivors who are just happy to be alive.

Don't worry... some of us got that. On a bad day, it is just that kind of perspective that keeps all the other in line.