What was your best 5k time?

Options
123457»

Replies

• deggert13
    Options
    my best 5k time was a 21:20 im a freshman in high school in lowell indiana and the key to a good race is ur breathing and ur shoes i can't stress it any more GET GOOD SHOES!!!!
  • WriteRunWrite
    Options
    My 5k PR is 23:47, which I ran back in October.

I just started running over the last year or so, but didn't start running more consistently until August. I ran 24:47 at my first race this year (beginning of August), 23:58 in a 5k at the end of August, and the 23:47 at my last 5k in the beginning of October.

I would love to get into the 22:00s next year :)
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Ran a 19:53 at my hillier-than-expected Turkey Trot. Now that I'm in my 30s, I can kiss the overall podium goodbye (I have been beat by too many high school girls in recent races), but at least I can still win my AG! My goal is to stay sub-20 for as long as I can.
  • ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    This summer I completed the C25K programme and my first complete run of 5K was 52 minutes and my time has come down to 37 minutes but I don't seem to be able to get to much lower.
    34:41 today, getting faster!

Noooo! I've broken a toe on my right foot and I'm not allowed to run till next month!! :brokenheart:
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    My PB is around 35. I just started running a couple months ago and completed the C25K app and starting on C210K. I think I can actually do 33 right now, but since I'm training for C210K, haven't had the chance to time myself. In C210K, I'm averaging a low 11 min. per mile, which includes 1 min. of very slow walking, which is why I think I could do it in 33 something.
  • daver38
    daver38 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Did 23:46 on a treadmill today; 12 monyhs ago best I could do was around 38 mins. Have a 10k race on Sunday, hoping for around 50 mins.
  • FiftyandGettingBetter
    Options
    Just got a new PR - finally broke 30 mins.... 29:20
  • shawn1112
    shawn1112 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My best is a 27.38 about 6 weeks ago. I quit smoking 4 months ago, so I'm very happy with that.
  • daver38
    Options
    Well done on giving up smoking - I know that's a really hard thing to do :explode:
  • daver38
    Options
    My best is a 27.38 about 6 weeks ago. I quit smoking 4 months ago, so I'm very happy with that.

gave up smoking AND lost 70lb? That's amazing!
  • thomasgol1
    thomasgol1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    16.48 at my best
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    I did my 1st and only 5k on 2nd January this year. My time was 36mins 40 seconds :blushing: But I WILL get better!!!