lifting is the most horrible thing to a woman since Twiggy

Options

Replies

• NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    I am of the school of thought that you get size and strength doing heavy weights with low reps, and if you want cuts and definition, you want to do more reps and lower weights. The latter would also keep your heart rate up and help lose the fat. However, someone on my FL pointed out to me that my school of thought could be outdated. So currently, I am doing more research. You can find a lot of good info on the net (bodybuildingforum.com).

However, it must be noted, that it was not my intention to attack anyone despite the appearances. So I extend an apology. Should have been more tactful.

My own goal is to stay healthy and fit and look good. Yes, I am vain, I want to look good. So I lift heavy for the glamour muscles but also do a lot of lighter weight, more reps routines, along with cardio. So yeah, my goal is not to be able to lift the back of a truck, more like going to the beach and winning!

Google "mr. Olympia reps per set" and tell me what you learn. You couldn't be more wrong.

haha....you sure you wanted to tell me this. please read:

seems like this mr olympia guy totally agrees with me.

more additionally, haha and ho ho, we are not mr olympia guy dude! but thanks for the funnies.

http://www.ironmanmagazine.com/blog/steve/mr-olympia-muscle-the-truth/

Also, the above cited research (not the link i posted but further above) is an opinion piece and is a clown link. I was not going to post in here anymore but just my last post.

Additionally, if someone makes a nice blog post that does not make it research.

More additionally, it was said that my true colors came through when I was angry, but I was not angry nor do I lose my anger very often. A smile never left my face.

Further additionally, to each their own.

Au revoir, so long, hasta lavista, namaste...........
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I am of the school of thought that you get size and strength doing heavy weights with low reps, and if you want cuts and definition, you want to do more reps and lower weights. The latter would also keep your heart rate up and help lose the fat. However, someone on my FL pointed out to me that my school of thought could be outdated. So currently, I am doing more research. You can find a lot of good info on the net (bodybuildingforum.com).

However, it must be noted, that it was not my intention to attack anyone despite the appearances. So I extend an apology. Should have been more tactful.

My own goal is to stay healthy and fit and look good. Yes, I am vain, I want to look good. So I lift heavy for the glamour muscles but also do a lot of lighter weight, more reps routines, along with cardio. So yeah, my goal is not to be able to lift the back of a truck, more like going to the beach and winning!

Google "mr. Olympia reps per set" and tell me what you learn. You couldn't be more wrong.

more additionally, haha and ho ho, we are not mr olympia guy dude! but thanks for the funnies.

Also, the above cited research (not the link i posted but further above) is an opinion piece and is a clown link. I was not going to post in here anymore but just my last post.

More additionally, it was said that my true colors came through when I was angry, but I was not angry nor do I lose my anger very often. A smile never left my face.

I see you have not learned how to communicate with people politely yet.
  • NormInv
    Options

spank me?!? please!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

spank me?!? please!

I would rather stab my eyes out with a spoon.

Also, re-read the article. It does not say to do only high reps at all.
  • NormInv
    Options

spank me?!? please!

You are so hot though. Thanks for the eye candy. yummmm....:heart:
  • Zoemarie89
    Zoemarie89 Posts: 59
    Options
    This made me LOL so hard. Currently weight-lifting myself (lightly, I'm only a beginner but getting there!)... I want to paint myself green and go as the Hulk for Halloween.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

spank me?!? please!

Thanks - I got my body by lifting in the strength range but including some hypertrophy range assists all combined with a reasonable caloric deficit. No high rep ranges for me!
  • NormInv
    Options
    ^ I should try it and maybe I'd look half as decent as you :):flowerforyou:
  • felinaslp
    felinaslp Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    nice
  • jlee318
    jlee318 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I must stop now!
  • lkplibra
    lkplibra Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    bump
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

spank me?!? please!

Mine :angry:
  • just_fur_luck
    just_fur_luck Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I just can't get over this guy who has all the answers and knowledge but apparently chooses not to use ANY of it in here trying to tell these women who have had very OBVIOUS STELLAR RESULTS how to do it.
  • agirlscamaro
    agirlscamaro Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I hope i never look like those women. My poor husband would divorce me for sure.

lol
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I hope i never look like those women. My poor husband would divorce me for sure.

lol

Wow. Don't worry. It requires a lot of effort and hard work. As long as you don't do either, your husband will never divorce you.
  • hevhoyda
    hevhoyda Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Tragedy
  • BuckeyeBabe10
    BuckeyeBabe10 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3!!!
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I love this, these are the women that inspired me to start lifting! Thank you! :)
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    great!
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    This is so encouraging, because I HATE WEIGHTLIFTING!!! But I make myself do it because I want to look like that. And eat like that!