Pizza is not a "bad" food.

Options

Replies

• wwwdotcr
    wwwdotcr Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Pizza is horrible for you with its double whammy of Carbs + Fats at the same time. The reason you eat so many slices and get hungry soon and end up binge eating. Throws your insulin into complete wacko.

How many people do you actually see eating 1 - 2 slices.

I haven't touched pizza since last year. Probably one of the WORST foods you can eat while cutting. Period.

LOLWUT?! I'm cutting and I eat pizza. Your arguement is invalid. Nothing wrong with carbs or fat, let alone at the same time. Broscience much?

Yea, and you can eat McDonald while on a cut too. Doesn't mean its a good food to cut on. I'll stand behind one of the worst things to eat on a cut. Period.

Whats your TDEE, probably above 2000+ calories? Its not hard to maintain that with a slice of pizza thrown in.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Pizza is one of the worst "Foods" out there. It is just a source of simple carbs, with very few micro-nutrients, high in calories and high in grease.

Eat and Apple, then eat Pizza and tell me the difference. An apple makes you feel energetic and ready to go. Pizza makes you feel the same way as if you ate a big mac.

You can't argue that Pizza is not healthy. That is just ignorant.

Ignorant post is...ignorant.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    An individual's issues with portion control does not make a food inherently good or bad, any more than the fact that some people like to have sex with sofas makes a sofa bad!

Pff, the sofa is as guilty as I am.
  • beautyisnotashape
    beautyisnotashape Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Home made pizza is awesome. I make whole wheat crust or use a pita if I'm lazy, brush it with olive oil and add spinach, tomato, feta and peppers. Yum...
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Pizza is one of the worst "Foods" out there. It is just a source of simple carbs, with very few micro-nutrients, high in calories and high in grease.

Eat and Apple, then eat Pizza and tell me the difference. An apple makes you feel energetic and ready to go. Pizza makes you feel the same way as if you ate a big mac.

You can't argue that Pizza is not healthy. That is just ignorant.

An apple makes me feel sloshy and still hungry.
  • annasor70
    annasor70 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You can make a super healthy pizza by buying a wholewheat Whole Foods crust and baking it with a great home made tomato sauce, mushrooms; oyster or trumpet and portobello, kale, basil, sliced tomatoes, zucchini, tempeh bacon, nutritional yeast, crushed walnuts and garlic, herbs and chilli....SO amazingly tasty! You won't miss the cheese and you can eat a lot of this :)
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    everybody that eats a pizza dies.

FACT

and everyone dies eventually anyways...:drinker:
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options

FACT

:laugh:
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhh nooooo we are all going to die from eating pizza!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Pizza is horrible for you with its double whammy of Carbs + Fats at the same time. The reason you eat so many slices and get hungry soon and end up binge eating. Throws your insulin into complete wacko.

I haven't touched pizza since last year. Probably one of the WORST foods you can eat while cutting. Period.

LOLWUT?! I'm cutting and I eat pizza. Your arguement is invalid. Nothing wrong with carbs or fat, let alone at the same time. Broscience much?

Yea, and you can eat McDonald while on a cut too. Doesn't mean its a good food to cut on. I'll stand behind one of the worst things to eat on a cut. Period.

Whats your TDEE, probably above 2000+ calories? Its not hard to maintain that with a slice of pizza thrown in.

Yeah my TDEE is around 4100. *shrug* I don't see the point? Do you have any sources for your claim that eating carbs and fat at the same time is bad for you or weight loss?
  • JDySart777
    JDySart777 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    right ..one medium pizza from Domino's is like 2000 calories...that is some peoples intake for a day ...

if you make it yourself then that is different ..

but to go pizza has an insane amount of calories in it...

Yeah WTF Is in Domino's the calorie content is INSANE do they like coat it in bacon fat? I suppose if they did that it would taste a lot better than it does, haha

But I agree pizza can be made healthier, and is good especially if you add veggies but a lot of times it is high calorie because it's lots of carbs and fat, my biggest problem with it is I don't find it all that filling per serving .

Coated in Bacon Fat! LOL....wait..now that I think about it...Bacon Fat Pizza sounds good... :laugh:
  • airen123
    airen123 Posts: 149
    Options
    It's basic math. Calories in, calories out. If you're budgeting for the pizza, you're probably fine. Even better if you're making it yourself, so you know what goes into it. I eat pasta 4 or 5 times a week, and I'm still at a calorie deficit or even everyday.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Pizza is calorie dense, but I agree that it's not bad. It's made from very natural/simple ingredients that offer decent nutrition. Of course, I'm not talking about bad pizza-- the frozen stuff that's loaded with preservatives, the Pizza Hut kind with the thick oily crust, or certain takeout places that use cheap, oily cheese and too much of it. I mean Neopolitan style, or the "tomato pie" pizzas I grew up with that are light on the cheese.
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options

FACT

So true.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    right ..one medium pizza from Domino's is like 2000 calories...that is some peoples intake for a day ...

if you make it yourself then that is different ..

but to go pizza has an insane amount of calories in it...

Don't eat the whole pizza...it is fine if you have a slice or 2-3

And a medium dominoes pizza with bacon and banana peppers 1760 or 220 calores per slick (per the cal-o-meter on their site). I am completely capable of eating 2 slices and walking away. It's kinda high in sodium but other than that, I'm totally cool with a 440 calorie meal and if I am still hungry I'll throw together a quick salad or heat up a veggie or something.

I postulate that pizza isn't unhealthy, but folding an entire pizza in half and hoarfing it down your throat is...

Oh, and I typically have a beer with my pizza (New Castle brown ale 140cals, Guiness 120oz 120 calories)
  • wwwdotcr
    wwwdotcr Posts: 128 Member
    Options

Yeah my TDEE is around 4100. *shrug* I don't see the point? Do you have any sources for your claim that eating carbs and fat at the same time is bad for you or weight loss?

Im on keto, so perhaps I am biased. I am lifting stronger right now on Keto, while still cutting fat out (while the traditional calorie deficit makes you lose LBM) The point is really, most people on this forum (based on my limited reading) look to have a TDEE below 2000. You cannot eat pizza on that diet unless you have very very good willpower / portion control. I stand by it. And telling people its ok to eat a slice / the whole thing is not good information.
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    You can make a super healthy pizza by buying a wholewheat Whole Foods crust and baking it with a great home made tomato sauce, mushrooms; oyster or trumpet and portobello, kale, basil, sliced tomatoes, zucchini, tempeh bacon, nutritional yeast, crushed walnuts and garlic, herbs and chilli....SO amazingly tasty! You won't miss the cheese and you can eat a lot of this :)

I love those whole foods crusts!!! FWIW, I made one of those with some organic marinara, veggies, so much garlic bc I'm a garlic freak, some pure basil pesto and two types of cheese and half the pizza (about three slices) was roughly 500-600 cals, super filling, and I lost weight that week! 500-600 is a completely reasonable dinner. Sure it's carby, but....carbs are delicious!

Restaurant or takeout pizza might be as bad as any other take out food in terms of sodium and preservatives, but there's nothing inherently bad about pizza. As long as your watching your calories and not on a total pizza-fast (or have a medical problem precluding you from eating one of the ingredients) than I can't see how it could possibly negatively effect your health.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to burst your bubble but, pizza is not good, as a matter of fact, its not healthy whatsoever

Sorry to burst my bubble? That was a stupid expression.

I still disagree.
  • 04ward
    04ward Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Greasy pizza is caused by greasy meat toppings and cheap cheese. Eat at a quality pizza place that takes pride in using the best ingredients, order veggies and add maybe chicken or lean ham and that eliminates the grease complaint. Grease is a "Chain Pizza" thing where they mass produce their product using cheap ingredients for big profits. Most people only know this type of pizza and have never really had GOOD pizza. I'm a "Proud Owner of a Pizza Place for 18 years!" my downfall is that I work too many hours and never take time to eat anything. My husband has ate pizza about everyday since we bought the place and he's kept off his weight because he exercises, cycles and calorie counts. He lost 40# a few years ago after the 50+ spread without changing WHAT he's always eaten. He just started ordering less of it. Instead of scarfing down a Medium pizza, he orders a 7" or 10" and adds a salad and drinks water not soda. His blood work is all normal now after losing the weight. 5-6 days a week of every kind of pizza hasn't hurt him a bit!

Accountability and Calorie counting with ANY food can produce weight loss if done right.

http://www.tampabay.com/features/fitness/life-of-pie-losing-weight-by-eating-nothing-but-pizza/1029472
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    In this thread: OP makes excuses as to why it's okay to cheat her diet and eat pizza.

Cheat my diet?

I'm not on a diet.

When I do eat pizza, it's two or three slices from a real pizzeria.