Pizza is not a "bad" food.

Options

Replies

• AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    This forum really needs to change its quote function. A quote should only quote the immediate previous post you are responding to, not the last 5. It's a mess.

^this

(...heh heh....here we go!)

Sounds like something for the technical support forum.

Agreed, that's better suited to the Help section than this thread.

What if we sent a PM to the mods?
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    This forum really needs to change its quote function. A quote should only quote the immediate previous post you are responding to, not the last 5. It's a mess.

^this

I like the blue boxes though, they really draw the eye.

QFT

I like the elegant pin-stripe effect on the sides. Tres chic and slimming, too.

Ok, so maybe I went overboard this time.

Anyone else seeing a topographical pyramid being created?
  • OneDimSim
    OneDimSim Posts: 188 Member
    Options

^this

QFT

I think the inner box is there to represent the appx. size of pizza that comprises the "single serving" you should be eating!
  • jgollnick
    jgollnick Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    pizza increases risk of heart attack!. a perfect death
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options

^this

QFT

I think the inner box is there to represent the appx. size of pizza that comprises the "single serving" you should be eating!

In for the quotes.
  • wwwdotcr
    wwwdotcr Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    http://jcem.endojournals.org/content/89/6/2717.abstract

Why do you think almost every diet is either "low fat" or "low carbs".

I did, and I stalled + my muscle retention was absolute ****. And had hunge hunger cravings after eating. I'm at the gym / running outside 6 days a week. If you want to slow down your progress go for it. I'm done defending, seems like all you pizza lovers are going bonkers over something real obvious.

If pizza is not bad food, then you can pretty much classify anything as good food.

When its time to bulk however, im sure i'll be eating some pizza at some point.

Here's the conclusion from your link:

These data suggest that energy restriction achieved by a very LC diet is equally effective as a LF diet strategy for weight loss and decreasing body fat in overweight and obese adults.

I don't see how this has anything to do with eating carbs and fat at the same time? It says low carb is equally as effective as low fat...it's just a calorie reduction, doesn't matter the source.
    http://biocadmin.otago.ac.nz/fmi/xsl/bioc2/learnbitslecture.xsl?-db=BIOC2web.fp7&-lay=Lectures&-recid=5263&-find=

This should explain everything in a scientific way. Certainly you can see that eating a high fat / high carb would not be at all optimal for weight loss.

Read it, twice to make sure I didn't miss anything, it has nothing in to back up your claim. Point out a section? It's primarily about the importance of glucose and the effects of diabetes to insulin and leptin levels. Strike two.

I wanted you guys to look at the charts to back up my basic point:

Increased carbs = higher insulin levels = which causes hunger cravings and also a side effect increases Lipogenesis = more fat converted. This is particularly bad when you are eating high fat on top which goes straight to your adipose tissue.

Which makes pizza a bad food for cutting. Like I said if you can control your hunger more power to you, but you're defying your own internal body processes. Most people overeat as a result.

Technically, yes, you can't beat physics. Calorie deficit will lead to fat loss, but not optimal fat loss with a loss of LBM also. I prefer to keep my gains then lose it all while cutting.
  • Mmmmona
    Mmmmona Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    This pizza is bad.

ofm6u.jpg
  • fishnbrah
    fishnbrah Posts: 550
    Options
    i can confirm. pizza wont make you fat if it fits in your macros
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    This pizza is bad.

ofm6u.jpg

You my friend, may find the blog "thisiswhyyourefat" rather amusing. Lots of things a lot like that pizza!
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    This pizza is bad.

ofm6u.jpg

You my friend, may find the blog "thisiswhyyourefat" rather amusing. Lots of things a lot like that pizza!
    Now I want pizza fries. Darn it.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    This pizza is bad.

ofm6u.jpg

That's all wrong. There's supposed to be cheese.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    << Eating pizza and chicken wings tonight with beer.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    << Eating pizza and chicken wings tonight with beer.

<-- jealous. :angry:

But I do have plans to make pizza (homemade with real crust-- no cauliflower in this house) this week. We usually have it at least once per week, if not more, and I always eat 2 slices. My husband always eats 4 slices. Both of us are down over 40 lbs.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    83348.jpg
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    right ..one medium pizza from Domino's is like 2000 calories...that is some peoples intake for a day ...

if you make it yourself then that is different ..

but to go pizza has an insane amount of calories in it...

I'm from New Jersey. Domino's isn't real pizza. Local places or homemade is what I'm referring to.
    most to go places have an insane amount of calories in them ...everyone once in a while is fine ..hell, I love pizza....but make it a once a week thing and me thinks you will be blowing out your calories and macros...

I can fit pizza into my cals/macros for a day just fine.

This is exactly what I was going to say. :drinker:
  • SStruthers13
    SStruthers13 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    its alsoo a source of fat and grease and caleries

Let me clean this up for you so people understand it better.

Pizza is full of saturated fats, hydrogenated oils and salt that will cause many people to have atherosclerosis and high blood pressure. It will also cause. congestive heart failure, strokes, pulmonary problems and kidney failure.

It's like any marginally nutritious processed food... yummy but not the best choice. I rather eat my unhealthy treat for the week as a huge slice of chocolate cake. If you chose to make yours pizza that's ok.

WHO puts hydrogenated oils in pizza???? I worked in a mom and pop pizza place and I assure you they did not use any hydrogenated oils in their pizza.

It's in the ingredients used. The sauce, and other toppings that come prepackaged.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    its alsoo a source of fat and grease and caleries

Let me clean this up for you so people understand it better.

Pizza is full of saturated fats, hydrogenated oils and salt that will cause many people to have atherosclerosis and high blood pressure. It will also cause. congestive heart failure, strokes, pulmonary problems and kidney failure.

It's like any marginally nutritious processed food... yummy but not the best choice. I rather eat my unhealthy treat for the week as a huge slice of chocolate cake. If you chose to make yours pizza that's ok.

WHO puts hydrogenated oils in pizza???? I worked in a mom and pop pizza place and I assure you they did not use any hydrogenated oils in their pizza.

It's in the ingredients used. The sauce, and other toppings that come prepackaged.

Well not at the place where I worked..., and I'll forgive you for even implying that we used a sauce from a can.. let alone a can with hydrogenated oils....The pizzas were greasy as hell, but it was all from good old animal fat! But if you say that the pizzas you eat have hydrogenated oils, then I believe you. Not that I care.. I don't eat pizza anyway.
  • freddykid
    freddykid Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Say what you want about it being unhealthy but it is not a bad food. I ate a half a medium Dominoes yesterday with a few beers and it was delicious. Not to mention I went over my calorie goal... oh wait that is bad. It was still delicious and I regret nothing!
    Good pizza = Chicago deep dish.
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    right ..one medium pizza from Domino's is like 2000 calories...that is some peoples intake for a day ...

if you make it yourself then that is different ..

but to go pizza has an insane amount of calories in it...
    Who the hell needs to eat an entire pizza...