Pizza is not a "bad" food.

Options
I'm sick and tired of hearing everyone on here and IRL say that pizza is unhealthy. Pizza is a source of carbohydrates, calcium, protein, and veggies (especially if you top it with them). As long as you aren't ordering a bunch of unhealthy toppings like pepperoni, it's actually quite healthy. So next time you think to yourself, "Oh, I can't have that," think again. Granted there are better choices out there, but pizza is definitely not the worst.

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    right ..one medium pizza from Domino's is like 2000 calories...that is some peoples intake for a day ...

if you make it yourself then that is different ..

but to go pizza has an insane amount of calories in it...
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    right ..one medium pizza from Domino's is like 2000 calories...that is some peoples intake for a day ...

I'm from New Jersey. Domino's isn't real pizza. Local places or homemade is what I'm referring to.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

I'm from New Jersey. Domino's isn't real pizza. Local places or homemade is what I'm referring to.
    most to go places have an insane amount of calories in them ...everyone once in a while is fine ..hell, I love pizza....but make it a once a week thing and me thinks you will be blowing out your calories and macros...
  • heidihorton
    heidihorton Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I always make my own and NO not with cauliflower crust I can cheat and still make it healthy and good! I buy my dough at the local pizza place ( un cooked) the use 1/8 th of dough and stretch the crap out of it .. Love thin crust any way then grab the toppings at go! I always put cheese on last , seams to make the taste more obvious since I use so little. Come to about 400 cals and this is large! :). Lots of veggies
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Even though I stick to IIFYM I would not advise sticking to pizza often, it's a bish to fit in your macros. Like one slice can over half your daily fat macros lol.
  • FearAndTrembling
    Options
    It is greasy. It is energy dense instead of nutrient dense. Nutrient dense foods are preferable to energy dense foods. Pizza sauce is supposedly made with tomatoes, right? Tomatoes are high in vitamins like Vitamin C, yet pizza sauce has no Vitamin C. It's like all these other processed foods that are made of things like potatoes and tomatoes, which have a lot nutrients, yet somehow have been stripped out during the process.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

most to go places have an insane amount of calories in them ...everyone once in a while is fine ..hell, I love pizza....but make it a once a week thing and me thinks you will be blowing out your calories and macros...

I can fit pizza into my cals/macros for a day just fine.
  • BostonStrong617
    Options

Yeah WTF Is in Domino's the calorie content is INSANE do they like coat it in bacon fat? I suppose if they did that it would taste a lot better than it does, haha

But I agree pizza can be made healthier, and is good especially if you add veggies but a lot of times it is high calorie because it's lots of carbs and fat, my biggest problem with it is I don't find it all that filling per serving .
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options

Yep. It's not as hard as people make it seem.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    everybody that eats a pizza dies.

FACT
  • BostonStrong617
    Options

Yep. It's not as hard as people make it seem.

I can also fit it on longer run days but normally I save that for donuts haha it's really not at all impossible to eat what you want and lose weight and donuts certainly have zero health benefit! It's all about finding a way to fit it in then you can eat whatever you want
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Even though I stick to IIFYM I would not advise sticking to pizza often, it's a bish to fit in your macros. Like one slice can over half your daily fat macros lol.
    yeah i just dont eat it because of that.
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Ice cream > Frozen Yogurt > Pizza > Chicken > Vegatables > Dr. Oz > Cherry cough syrup
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    You should try Korean pizza. 2 weeks ago, I had a grilled chicken pizza with yogurt drizzle and sweet potato stuffed crust. Of course, you could always go for the traditional corn, french fries and mayo pizza.
  • donald149
    donald149 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I think last time I ordered dominos, it was go greasy I could almost see through the box in came in!
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options
    You should try Korean pizza. 2 weeks ago, I had a grilled chicken pizza with yogurt drizzle and sweet potato stuffed crust. Of course, you could always go for the traditional corn, french fries and mayo pizza.

The first one actually sounds really good.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options
    Ice cream > Frozen Yogurt > Pizza > Chicken > Vegatables > Dr. Oz > Cherry cough syrup

LOL.
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options

It was: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201130320765915&l=f44a5c4633
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options

It was: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201130320765915&l=f44a5c4633

Looks delicious.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    its alsoo a source of fat and grease and caleries