Pizza is not a "bad" food.

Options

Replies

• JayStu
    JayStu Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I use whole wheat pita(100 cals) split it in 2 thickness wise and 2 crusts to use for 100 calories
  • wwwdotcr
    wwwdotcr Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Pizza is horrible for you with its double whammy of Carbs + Fats at the same time. The reason you eat so many slices and get hungry soon and end up binge eating. Throws your insulin into complete wacko.

How many people do you actually see eating 1 - 2 slices.

I haven't touched pizza since last year. Probably one of the WORST foods you can eat while cutting. Period.
  • MiamiKid305
    MiamiKid305 Posts: 357
    Options
    High in fat, not nutrient dense, its cheat meal quality... I'll stick to my bro foods during a cut
  • MiamiKid305
    MiamiKid305 Posts: 357
    Options
    I'm sorry to burst your bubble but, pizza is not good, as a matter of fact, its not healthy whatsoever
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    making a pizza, it's not unhealthy at all, in fact i saw a recipe for a dominos type pizza weighing in at 700 calories for a medium size, the only reason dominos is so high in calories is because it's basically dipped in fat, and sugar added at any point possible, think of the times you've held up a slice and you can see orange greese dripping off of it.... that's not pizza

pizza is: bread, tomato sauce, cheese and a selection of salad and or veg and or meat

prepared and cooked correctly it isn't unhealthy at all

use a lower carb base you're talking 800 calories for a big pizza
  • kitza101
    kitza101 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    A food is just a food. It is an item that I have made the decision to eat. It didn't create itself with the grand plan of making me fat. It has no intentions or ulterior motives. It's not good or bad or naughty or evil or anything like that - unless you've added cyanide to it or something! We put those determinations onto food because of our own issues. You can't blame a food just because some people have difficulty with self-control or portion sizing for that type of food. I rarely eat chocolate, and when I do I don't eat much of it - it just doesn't get me going the way it does for other people. I know other people struggle a lot with foods like chocolate - but that doesn't mean the chocolate is at fault!

A lot of people can easily eat 1-2 slices of pizza and call it a day. I can! A lot of people can find ways to make pizza fit into their intake and balance their macros. It is possible to have a pizza that isn't laden with cheese, sodium and fatty meats, for those who are concerned about those things. Instead, that pizza can have vegetables, freshly made home-made tomato sauce (without added sodium), and a small amount of cheese (if the person even wants cheese, there are many toppings for pizza that are delicious without cheese!).

For the people who struggle with portion control, they have to work out how they will manage that (without blaming an item of food for their decisions).

An individual's issues with portion control does not make a food inherently good or bad, any more than the fact that some people like to have sex with sofas makes a sofa bad!
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    51441-little-mermaid-pizza-gif-ionl.gif
  • baconjohan
    baconjohan Posts: 8
    Options
    mmm, can y eat pizza and lose weight and gain muscle? Yes!!!!! It might not be optimal with pizza, but as long as you hit your macros it is ok! Futher more having pizza as a cheat meal every once in a while, it ís a way to avoid binching. You can always stick to bro science and eat six meals a day and hit your macros, what it all boils down to is personal preference!But thats just advice do what eva the fudge y want to!
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    right ..one medium pizza from Domino's is like 2000 calories...that is some peoples intake for a day ...

if you make it yourself then that is different ..

but to go pizza has an insane amount of calories in it...

I'm from New Jersey. Domino's isn't real pizza. Local places or homemade is what I'm referring to.

*sigh* I miss real pizza.
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    If you want a pizza, just fit it into your calories. It's not a healthy food though.
  • MikeBrusiaHart
    Options
    I don't care if its good or bad for you its totally my favourite food ever :tongue:
  • Lambchoplollypop
    Options
    I make two different types of homemade 'healthy' pizza. The first like many of you, I'll use a wholegrain pitta, homemade tomato and herb sauce, a portion of low fat mozzarella and cover the top with as many slices of peppers, onions, mushrooms, pineapple or spinach and sweetcorn as I can. The second way is similar but instead of a pitta, I use a chicken breast which I butterfly, season and grill before adding the same toppings and grilling until the cheese is bubbling.

If I really want the unhealthy kind, then a dominos personal size is plenty for me - and makes me appreciate it as a treat as well. I can't believe I used to try and pack away a medium to myself. Ridiculous! Plus I serve it with a homemade salad and some low fat coleslaw. However I much prefer making my own 'unhealthy' kind with my own wholemeal dough if I have the time, as the whole thing taste much fresher and you can load it with as many veggies as you wish! It's even a hit with family and friends who wouldn't normally touch pizza!
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to burst your bubble but, pizza is not good, as a matter of fact, its not healthy whatsoever
    Is it the cheese, the vegetables (or fruits - tomatoes), the lean beef or chicken, or the whole wheat crust that's the bad part? Inquiring minds, and all that.
  • Shr3dded
    Shr3dded Posts: 232
    Options
    In this thread: OP makes excuses as to why it's okay to cheat her diet and eat pizza.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    In this thread: OP makes excuses as to why it's okay to cheat her diet and eat pizza.

tumblr_lvz9l58GWt1qii6tmo1_400.gif

Don't mind me. I may or may not have been drinking tonight.
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    everybody that eats a pizza dies.

FACT

Everyone that drinks water die, too
  • fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I love pizza. We eat pizza every Friday night. I either make it myself or we get it from the local AVPN certified pizzaria. So delicious. Margherita and the Funghi Selvaggi (roasted garlic, fresh mozza, oregano, assorted mushrooms, truffle oil).... perfection.

Food are not inherently "bad" or "good." Sure, there are choices that are more or less nutritionally dense and more or less calorically dense, but even eating foods that are considered unhealthy can be done in moderation. I think the moderation is moreso what most of us struggle with.
  • fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    Options

Respectfully, I think the OP has made it clear that in the past she has "dieted" and had great success losing weight, and then gaining it back.

For long terms sustainable weight loss, many of us choose not to restrict "bad" foods. We choose moderation. We choose lifestyle change over diet.

You can cheat a diet, you can't cheat a lifestyle change.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    right ..one medium pizza from Domino's is like 2000 calories...that is some peoples intake for a day ...

if you make it yourself then that is different ..

but to go pizza has an insane amount of calories in it...

I'm from New Jersey. Domino's isn't real pizza. Local places or homemade is what I'm referring to.

Are you suggesting NJ has real pizza? I would sooner recognize NJ as a real place worth living before I'd admit that theres a real pizza available in NJ...

This is a joke, right?

No... I thought this thread was a joke but then you brought in NJ suggesting that theres real pizza in NJ and now I just don't know what to think of this thread anymore.

everyone knows the keebler elves make the real pizza in keeblerville....
  • redrumxtina
    redrumxtina Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Pizza is unhealthy. The crust is what makes it unhealthy because it is loaded with carbs.