Pizza is not a "bad" food.

Options

Replies

• Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    pizza dough.....GLUTEN (bloating....swelling......constipation.......)......bad.....:huh:
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    pizza dough.....GLUTEN (bloating....swelling......constipation.......)......bad.....:huh:

For the 6 million people out of 6 BILLION on earth that are sensitive to it, sure.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I DO WHAT I WANT!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    right ..one medium pizza from Domino's is like 2000 calories...that is some peoples intake for a day ...

if you make it yourself then that is different ..

but to go pizza has an insane amount of calories in it...

Huh? A 5 pound bag of sweet potatoes has over 2500 calories, but I wouldn't tell people not to eat sweet potatoes because of that.
  • Granville_Cocteau
    Granville_Cocteau Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I have pizza just about every weekend. Can fit 3 slices of thin crust into my daily calorie goal no problem. Have never had a scintilla of regret. Man cannot live on egg whites and protein shakes alone.
  • jolene_ca
    jolene_ca Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have pizza once a week. Moderation :)
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    right ..one medium pizza from Domino's is like 2000 calories...that is some peoples intake for a day ...

Huh? A 5 pound bag of sweet potatoes has over 2500 calories, but I wouldn't tell people not to eat sweet potatoes because of that.
    You wouldn't? You're obviously a monster. [/sarcasm]

Nothing inherently bad about pizza. You can make good food choices with it, or bad ones. The same is true of a whole lot of other foods.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

I'm from New Jersey. Domino's isn't real pizza. Local places or homemade is what I'm referring to.
    most to go places have an insane amount of calories in them ...everyone once in a while is fine ..hell, I love pizza....but make it a once a week thing and me thinks you will be blowing out your calories and macros...

complete bull.

Hi from NJ as well!
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I order my pizza with thin crust, low sauce, extra veggies and no cheese. It tastes awesome and I don't miss the sauce or the cheese. When I make it at home I have an oatmeal crust recipe that is great and I do the same with the toppings. The sodium is really the only thing that's high on either but I don't have any issues with blood pressure so I don't worry about it.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    cicis pizza kinda sucks.. but its pretty low calorie I had 4 pieces tonight.

I also make home made thats pretty good.
  • slendercurves
    slendercurves Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    10 squares of Ledo's vegetable pizza = 1000 calories

I can definitely fit 1000 calories into my day. I plan for it and eat a less caloric breakfast or lunch. I might work out harder on that day, but I look forward to having those 10 slices for dinner!

I don't want to cut any food totally out of my diet because, for me, that's not feasible for the long run.
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Pizza is fantastic..a great muscle building fat burning food!! just get the BEST!!!
  • Granville_Cocteau
    Granville_Cocteau Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna take it a step further and launch a defense of pasta as well. Perfectly healthy for you. Barilla fettucine, a little marinara, some wine. There's some good nutrition in there.

My grandfather lived to be 98 years old eating pasta and drinking wine almost every day. Now we have the PC Paleo crowd telling everybody that carbs are the new evil.
  • Peanutbutterx
    Peanutbutterx Posts: 332
    Options
    YES!!! i love pizza. im eating some right now and i tell people that all the time that it's not "bad" for you. im 5'1 100 lbs i eat pizza all the time an its never made me gain weight.your right the only bad thing you could get it with is pepperoni
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I'm sure pizza is part of your weight loss diet :bigsmile: I'll leave it there LOL

I eat pizza now and again. Bread, meat, cheese, and veggies...(or protein, carbs, and fat)...pretty nice balanced meal! :)
  • The_WoIverine
    The_WoIverine Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I'm sure pizza is part of your weight loss diet :bigsmile: I'll leave it there LOL

I eat pizza now and again. Bread, meat, cheese, and veggies...(or protein, carbs, and fat)...pretty nice balanced meal! :)

I eat pizza too, but let me put it this way, I'm very aware pizza is not the best option for weight loss, body fat loss or muscle gain. Anyway, it has a lot to do with how much pizza you eat.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Ice cream > Frozen Yogurt > Pizza > Chicken > Vegatables > Dr. Oz > Cherry cough syrup

I can't really argue with that.

The vegetables are strongly offended by this.

NDyO1.jpg
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Ice cream > Frozen Yogurt > Pizza > Chicken > Vegatables > Dr. Oz > Cherry cough syrup

I can't really argue with that.

The vegetables are strongly offended by this.

NDyO1.jpg

That really is kind of creepy.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    post-513b847241676.jpeg

(A little cut off, but deal with it.)
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Well technically NO food is a "bad" food. Foods are only unhealthy for you if you eat them in excess. WIh that being said, take away pizza just doesn't seem worth it to me because its so high in calories for so little of it. I like to make my own with fresh ingredients and no processed crap.