Pizza is not a "bad" food.

Options

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i used to think that pizza wasnt a bad food until i moved to the bay area.

the pizza here sucks! i miss NYC pizza. :sad:

and umm yeah NY and NJ are known for their pizza. the italian immigrants who brought their pizza settled in both NYC, NJ and connecticut to some extent.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    right ..one medium pizza from Domino's is like 2000 calories...that is some peoples intake for a day ...

if you make it yourself then that is different ..

but to go pizza has an insane amount of calories in it...

I'm from New Jersey. Domino's isn't real pizza. Local places or homemade is what I'm referring to.

Are you suggesting NJ has real pizza? I would sooner recognize NJ as a real place worth living before I'd admit that theres a real pizza available in NJ...

This is a joke, right?

No... I thought this thread was a joke but then you brought in NJ suggesting that theres real pizza in NJ and now I just don't know what to think of this thread anymore.

NJ and NY are known for their pizza.

No no. NY is known for their pizza. NJ is still questioned upon why its still a place. I mean... we'll never forgive you guys for Jersey shore
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    right ..one medium pizza from Domino's is like 2000 calories...that is some peoples intake for a day ...

I'm from New Jersey. Domino's isn't real pizza. Local places or homemade is what I'm referring to.

Are you suggesting NJ has real pizza? I would sooner recognize NJ as a real place worth living before I'd admit that theres a real pizza available in NJ...

This is a joke, right?

No... I thought this thread was a joke but then you brought in NJ suggesting that theres real pizza in NJ and now I just don't know what to think of this thread anymore.

No no. NY is known for their pizza. NJ is still questioned upon why its not renamed as NY's trashcan.....

Well, according to myself and a few other posters here NY and NJ are known for great pizza. Take it or leave it.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

This is a joke, right?

No no. NY is known for their pizza. NJ is still questioned upon why its not renamed as NY's trashcan.....

Well, according to myself and a few other posters here NY and NJ are known for great pizza. Take it or leave it.

Nobody should take anything from NJ. Last time we tried taking something from NJ, Snooki happened...
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    pizza dough.....GLUTEN (bloating....swelling......constipation.......)......bad.....:huh:

For the 6 million people out of 6 BILLION on earth that are sensitive to it, sure.

Yip!
    Gluten is only bad for people who are sensitive.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options

This is a joke, right?

Nobody should take anything from NJ. Last time we tried taking something from NJ, Snooki happened...

LOL. Maybe I'm being too cynical. Snooki truly is a joke.
  • ngressman
    ngressman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    everybody that eats a pizza dies.

FACT

lol
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I'm sick and tired of hearing everyone on here and IRL say that pizza is unhealthy. Pizza is a source of carbohydrates, calcium, protein, and veggies (especially if you top it with them). As long as you aren't ordering a bunch of unhealthy toppings like pepperoni, it's actually quite healthy. So next time you think to yourself, "Oh, I can't have that," think again. Granted there are better choices out there, but pizza is definitely not the worst.

I agree. Not all pizza is the same. You can make your own healthy, small, personal-sized pizza at home with low-calorie and low-fat ingredients and fit it in your day EASILY.

I personally LOVE pizza and refuse to totally give it up. I rarely eat pizza out though, because that tends to be much higher in calories. But homemade pizza that I can control?! TOTALLY! :bigsmile:
  • Peanutbutterx
    Peanutbutterx Posts: 332
    Options
    FYI snooki isnt even from new jersey shes from california. i dont even think anyone from jersey shore is actually from new jersey maybe one or two of them. its not jersey thats bad, its t.v. thats bad..
  • shaneNSW
    shaneNSW Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Never trust a pizza I tell you this...
  • kitza101
    kitza101 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    There's a certain country who seemed to do pretty well with pizza for a long time - until companies in certain other countries took the idea and ran with it, turning it into a rather calorific oil-fest that some people mistakenly believe is still "pizza".

Pizza is fine. I make my own pizza dough and use my own toppings, and can make a delicious pizza with great toppings for 500-700 calories, and with a reasonable amount of sodium.

Here's a clue - if you are stuffing the crust with cheese or hot dogs, adding other items that are considered "fast food" onto it, or using so much cheese that you can't see the other ingredients in the topping any more, etc, then it is not a real pizza anymore.

And what's the deal with this argument that eating pizza "slows down" your weight loss? I think each of us get the right to decide what speed our weight loss goes at! If eating pizza and other foods that are considered "unhealthy" in moderation, within your daily calorie intake, works for you - who's to say you should be eating differently to lose weight faster? When I decided to lose weight, I wanted to create a healthier and more balanced lifestyle in general, one that I could maintain for the rest of my life - I wasn't looking to win the award for the fastest weight loss.

If you want to eat pizza, eat it, but as with all other foods be mindful of what is in YOUR pizza and how it works in with your plans. If you don't want to eat pizza, don't eat it. That simple.
  • punkisdead83
    punkisdead83 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    This thread has all kinds of LOLz
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I like chicago style pizza mmmmmmmmm

I miss Chicago
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options
    There's a certain country who seemed to do pretty well with pizza for a long time - until companies in certain other countries took the idea and ran with it, turning it into a rather calorific oil-fest that some people mistakenly believe is still "pizza".

Pizza is fine. I make my own pizza dough and use my own toppings, and can make a delicious pizza with great toppings for 500-700 calories, and with a reasonable amount of sodium.

Here's a clue - if you are stuffing the crust with cheese or hot dogs, adding other items that are considered "fast food" onto it, or using so much cheese that you can't see the other ingredients in the topping any more, etc, then it is not a real pizza anymore.

And what's the deal with this argument that eating pizza "slows down" your weight loss? I think each of us get the right to decide what speed our weight loss goes at! If eating pizza and other foods that are considered "unhealthy" in moderation, within your daily calorie intake, works for you - who's to say you should be eating differently to lose weight faster? When I decided to lose weight, I wanted to create a healthier and more balanced lifestyle in general, one that I could maintain for the rest of my life - I wasn't looking to win the award for the fastest weight loss.

If you want to eat pizza, eat it, but as with all other foods be mindful of what is in YOUR pizza and how it works in with your plans. If you don't want to eat pizza, don't eat it. That simple.

Thank you.
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    We love pizza...but we make our own. I use whole meal flour, a bit of sauce, I can control the amount of cheese, and then we load it up with veggies...or shredded chicken that I've cooked ahead of time. Frozen pizza, and pizza parlor food I try to stay away from...so yummy, but so bad calorie and sodium wise. Pizza is my favorite food and I don't think I could live without it.
  • proudmommy1003
    proudmommy1003 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    This post made me hungry I will have one slice of the new cheesy pizza from pizza hut that my husband ordered for dinner :-)
  • shaneNSW
    shaneNSW Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    How about a pizza stuffed with hot dogs that are stuffed with pizza...
  • kitza101
    kitza101 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    How about a pizza stuffed with hot dogs that are stuffed with pizza...

That would be incredible. I would pay to see that!
  • timberowl
    timberowl Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    There are these new gluten free pizzas in the freezer aisle that are about the size of a small from most chains, and 600 cals for the whole pizza. Not bad.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    ? Even chain pizzas aren't that bad if you don't eat more than what is considered a normal portion. Most personal pizzas from chains are four slices, more than ample for a hungry person, and usually around 600-800 calories. That doesn't win any health awards, but nobody's saying eat it every day. :huh: