Pizza is not a "bad" food.

Options

Replies

• CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    Healthy choices and portion size. Don't get extra cheese, and all the toppings if you're trying to eat healthy or lose weight.

Try making it at home. I used to make thin crust pizza at a restaurant and it was essentially water, butter, crisco, and flour. You make it at home and it'll be so much better. I personally like making grilled pizza similar to Naan bread and go for a margherita esq pie - using low fat skim mozz sparingly, and utilizing fresh garden vegetables, roasted garlic, fresh tomato sauce, some basil, and a few slices of skirt steak or chicken.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Healthy choices and portion size. Don't get extra cheese, and all the toppings if you're trying to eat healthy or lose weight.

Try making it at home. I used to make thin crust pizza at a restaurant and it was essentially water, butter, crisco, and flour. You make it at home and it'll be so much better. I personally like making grilled pizza similar to Naan bread and go for a margherita esq pie - using low fat skim mozz sparingly, and utilizing fresh garden vegetables, roasted garlic, fresh tomato sauce, some basil, and a few slices of skirt steak or chicken.

I'd rather bankroll 3K calories and crush a large once a month
  • CookNLift
    Options

I'd rather bankroll 3K calories and crush a large once a month

Hakuna Matata
  • Joocey
    Joocey Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    People satisfied with a slice of pizza are the same people content with a hug after a third date

Sometimes you just want a hug, y'know.
  • CookNLift
    Options
    People satisfied with a slice of pizza are the same people content with a hug after a third date

Especially if it is a naked hug.
  • Joocey
    Joocey Posts: 115 Member
    Options

That's definitely a 7th date kind of thing.

Personally, I'd rather have a slice of pizza.
  • CookNLift
    Options

That's definitely a 7th date kind of thing.

Personally, I'd rather have a slice of pizza.

Naked hugs while eating pizza = win win. Just sayin.
  • AndyLL180
    AndyLL180 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    pizza_zpsd219339e.jpg

10 inches of perfection every week... sometimes twice a week.

And I drink beer all the time.

And I've consistently lost 1 to 1 1/2 pounds per week.

And the daily exercise and lifting schedule seems to have helped me keep my lbm.

Can't wait until I hit my maintenance and start serious lifting and have to increase my calories... I'll have ti 3 times a week.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    It's a bad food for me because I love it and eat as much as there is.
  • autumnpath
    autumnpath Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    right ..one medium pizza from Domino's is like 2000 calories...that is some peoples intake for a day ...

if you make it yourself then that is different ..

but to go pizza has an insane amount of calories in it...

Then don't eat the whole pizza. Moderation.
  • autumnpath
    Options
    everybody that eats a pizza dies.

FACT

LOL.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Vocelli > Papa Johns > Pizza hut >... > dominoes.
  • autumnpath
    Options
    right ..one medium pizza from Domino's is like 2000 calories...that is some peoples intake for a day ...

Huh? A 5 pound bag of sweet potatoes has over 2500 calories, but I wouldn't tell people not to eat sweet potatoes because of that.

EXACTLY! Geez. Someone control the damn food police. Each to their own.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Y'all have inspired me and made my day. I was all excited about still having 750 calories left for the day, and since I haven't had it in a couple weeks, I am having pizza tonight...just not Dominos. lol.
  • 2b_perfect00
    2b_perfect00 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I make my own, thin wheat crust. Very little cheese lots of veggies and chicken. It's so good. Pizza can be healthy and the only reason it would have lots of fat is if you get meat or extra cheese. There is a pizza shop here that makes brochette pizza No cheese , just thin crust veggies and a little olive oil. There slices are pretty big so I only get one. LOL
  • 2b_perfect00
    2b_perfect00 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    pizza_zpsd219339e.jpg

And the daily exercise and lifting schedule seems to have helped me keep my lbm.

Can't wait until I hit my maintenance and start serious lifting and have to increase my calories... I'll have ti 3 times a week.

You win sir
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options

I'm from New Jersey. Domino's isn't real pizza. Local places or homemade is what I'm referring to.

Im a Jersey boy. dominos is not pizza. lol i agree with you there. from a health perspective, pizza does have some positives- but the carbs you are talking about is simple carbs, not complex- escept for some veggie carbs you may get... but they are very limited and odds are they are cooked in fatty oil. also, the cheese-- oh lets talk cheese-- fat. and as a jersey girl you and i both know most places dont use REAL mozzerell-- like the kind imported from italy.. they use salty processed cheese. There are definitely more negatives than positives when it comes to pizza, healthwise. Having said all that- i say screw it-- its worth it! Eat up! Enjoy your pizza! Especially if its brick oven!
  • bio01979
    bio01979 Posts: 313
    Options
    pizza_zpsd219339e.jpg

I'd like 10 inches of perfection twice a week :tongue:
  • Lovdiamnd
    Lovdiamnd Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    2a530d680007d9650dc08517b32b12df.jpg
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    pizza_zpsd219339e.jpg

You win sir

Like a champ!!!!!