Ultimate Protein Pancakes... omg.

Options

Replies

• musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
    Gonna buy the ingredients and try these for breakfast!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    May have to try these tomorrow :)
  • ktully93
    ktully93 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Bump, sound good!
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Ohmygod, YUM! I used to try this with bananas instead of strawberries (and cottage cheese instead of flour and Greek yogurt) but I will definitely try this. :)
  • LisaDec1969
    LisaDec1969 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I replace the baking soda with baking powder to lower the sodium....delicious !!
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Bump!! Gotta try
  • KetoTeacher
    KetoTeacher Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Yummmmmmmmmmmm, I must try :happy:

Ladies and gentlemen, I’ve done it.
    I’ve created the ultimate protein pancake recipe.

Cw0re3ml.jpg
    3BHjssrl.jpg
    kbRSoxgl.jpg

Pancakes are great. Protein pancakes are even better. For about a year now I’ve been trying to find the perfect pancake recipe; one that’s healthy, packed with protein, and amazingly delicious. I came pretty close with the original greek yogurt pancakes recipe, but I wasn’t satisfied with the high carb content. All the other lower carb/higher protein recipes I found online just didn’t taste as good.

Finally, an idea struck me. I decided to combine the greek yogurt recipe with a protein powder recipe, by replacing some of the flour in the greek yogurt recipe with protein powder. The result is a pancake recipe that has less carbs, more protein, and tastes even better.I swear, these taste better than the pancakes my mom used to make. I would eat those by the dozen, and they were about 1238484720 times less healthy than this.

Okay, here we go.

Ultimate Protein Pancakes

You’ll need:

6oz plain greek yogurt
    1 large egg white
    1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    1/4 cup (about 2/3 scoop) vanilla whey protein powder
    1 tsp baking soda
    Anything else you’d like to add for flavor (I like adding in strawberries and vanilla extract)
    In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients (protein powder, flour, and baking soda), and mix with a fork until well combined. In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients (egg white and yogurt) and mix until well combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, stirring as you go. The batter should become thick. Add in any extras for flavor, and keep mixing until everything is totally combined.

Heat a skillet over medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Drop batter by the spoonful into the pan. Pancakes will expand as they cook, so don’t put them too close together. When little bubbles start to form all throughout the pancake, it’s time to flip it. Flip it a couple of times until it’s thoroughly cooked. Transfer pancakes to a plate, and top with whatever you’d like. They’re plenty flavorful on their own, but adding a couple tablespoons of syrup made them even better!

Makes 6 large pancakes. Nutritional information:

Calories: 314 | Carbs: 34g | Fat: 1g | Protein: 43g (!!!)
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    awesome. thanks for sharing. I'm gonna try these with Cinnabon flavored Trutein.... nom nom nom.
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LAMAnRLA91909
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this recipe. I have been craving pancakes for quite some time but could never find a healthy recipe. They look fantastic! I believe I will try to make these with wheat flour instead of all-purpose. It may work or it may not. One can only try! :smile:
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Gotta try these... not sure I'll get the healthy ones past my husband though! LOL My son would probably love these too! Esp if I use chocolate whey powder.
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to trying this one!
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I love you for doing this!
  • mrpurdy
    mrpurdy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Looks great!
  • rbeckner711
    rbeckner711 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Have you experimented with the whole egg versus just the white? Was wondering if it made a difference in flavor or consistency. I see no reason to waste a perfectly good yolk :)

I've wondered the same thing actually, but haven't experimented. I think it would just make the batter a little thinner. Definitely worth a try :)
    I read somewhere that to make greek style yogurt from your regular plain yogurt, strain the yogurt in cheese-cloth lined strainer in a bowl overnight (in refigerator). The extra fluid just separates and drains off.
  • tabnmyq
    tabnmyq Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    These pancakes look so yummy, Totally wanna try them :)
  • Johlawrence
    Johlawrence Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Those sound GREAT!!! I cannot tell you the last time I ate a pancake!!! :-(
  • StarrySkiesYvaine
    StarrySkiesYvaine Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Nice recipe - do you have any substitution ideas for a non dairy eater?
  • lrobrn
    lrobrn Posts: 17
    Options
    Yummy, I'm going to try these this weekend. Thanks for sharing. :flowerforyou: