Over 200 Club New Year New Me Part 21

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Good Morning girls :)

I have missed a lot, not logging on durning the weekend and coming to read everything ( I missed), WOW.
    I hope I have everyone, if not sorry.

Cris: glad you found your mojo. I bet you are going to look amazing in your wedding dress. And congrats for staying under 200...I need to really focus to ssee ONEderland soon. We can do it!:wink:

Litdeb: you're a machine! I can't believe you started spin class...better progress than me..I can't sit that long on a bike seat...Kudos to you:drinker:

Bluenote: Hope you have fun on your trip..Have a safe trip and return:flowerforyou:

Meokk: I am like the new challenge..but it will be really challenging.Thanks:flowerforyou:

Raiderape: I will be sending you an invite on FB soon....ANd i hope your family member is doing better today.

Litspy: glad your workout and uncluttered your guest room...and Congrats for staying under 200...you are such an inspiration..keep doing what you're doing:flowerforyou:

I have to go...son just woke up and want to eat bfast. Be back later....I will stay on track today..NO matter what. I want to see ONEderland soon!

later girls :)
  • irandamay
    irandamay Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies! I could not believe it when I hopped on the scale this morning. I haven't been doing so well lately logging my food (even though I haven't been eating bad at all meals, I just got lazy and haven't been logging), but on the weekends I've really started to relax a little bit. I had mexican and peanut M&M's at the movies on Friday, and a cheeseburger and fries at the local brewery (but no beer!) on Saturday, so I wasn't really expecting much. I was down 2 lbs from Friday's weigh in, and TOM is this week! :noway: I'm not counting that on the ticker just yet though. :smile:

That puts me at 272.4, so close to the 260's again! I haven't been in the 260's really since a couple years ago when I got a gallstone blocking my bile duct, and then was sick with jaundice from that, and then had it removed. Well, I had the stone removed in one procedure, and the gallbladder in another. :smile: That was a busy year for the hospital for us... a couple week's before my original attack, my SO had surgery on his sinuses and deviated septum.

Speaking of my SO, I have been trying to figure out somewhere we can go for his birthday this summer. He's turning the big 4-0 and wants to do something special but we don't want to spend a ton of money. I wish we could afford to do something really cool like go to Europe. I have floated the idea of going down to DC to sightsee (I haven't been there since I was in elementary school) or up to Bar Harbor to maybe hike and stuff. We both like to sightsee and see museums and scenery. We talked about maybe going to Vegas, but the shows are so pricey and neither of us really like to gamble or go to clubs or anything, so I don't think that would be good. Last year we took a cross country road trip and saw the Grand Canyon, drove the PCH, saw Redwood National Forest and Mt. Rushmore and the Badlands. We love the National Parks! So maybe going up to Acadia/Bar Harbor would be good, plus hiking is free, right? :smile: The only thing I worry about is if it rains.

Littlespy: I can totally relate to the hoarding thing. Our house is the same way, full of clutter! We have slowly been decluttering various parts of it, and in the next couple weeks we'll be doing some more because my parents are coming to stay with us for 1.5 week at the beginning of July.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Pos - THanks !! YOu know i sat on the ones they have in the floor and hurt my but soo bad, but the ones in the class are a little better, i have a gel seat (well it is hubbies and he lets me use it :smile: until we get enought $$ to buy me one) It does hurt but after a while other things hurt and the but doesn't hurt as much :laugh: :laugh: I like cause they push me...no way i could just do this sitting on a bike by myself, you stand up get down go fast go slow...I am really going to try to increase my calorie burn each time...my hr is not getting high enough i think,

I really thought i never would be able to do it...but i am !!!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Hello, ladies! I've missed you all so very much. I don't know if I'll have time to catch up on the posts I missed, but if I missed any major events such a engagements, weddings, pregnancies, etc., please fill me in!!

I'm pretty proud of myself for not straying too far when eating fast food for dinner while staying in a hotel for four days. I don't know for sure what the damage is yet since yesterday was high sodium, but I'm hoping I at least maintained. I did work out in the hotel gym a few times and even swam for about 20 minutes one evening. I forgot how hard it is on the arms!

All of that being said, I am now a NARHA Certified Riding Instructor. Yay!

On Tuesday, right before I left for my class/certification adventure, we were told our hours are being cut down to 32 hours per week, which means $600 a month is now gone from my paycheck. I'm not sure yet how I'll figure that one out, but so far I'm not panicky or freaking out like I thought I would be. I figure that will come after I see the first tiny check. Even so, I'm going to take the extra time to focus on me....exercising, cooking (perhaps), riding my horse and trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. Everything happens for a reason, right? Now I just have to try to figure out the reason!

Anyway, I promise I'll try to catch up on posts, but no promises. Just fill me in on the big important stuff I missed and I'll be happy. Thanks so much for those of you who kept in touch via Facebook while I was gone. MFP needs a Blackberry app so I don't have to go through withdrawals from being away from you gals.

Have a great evening,
    Heather
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Hello, ladies! I've missed you all so very much. I don't know if I'll have time to catch up on the posts I missed, but if I missed any major events such a engagements, weddings, pregnancies, etc., please fill me in!!

I'm pretty proud of myself for not straying too far when eating fast food for dinner while staying in a hotel for four days. I don't know for sure what the damage is yet since yesterday was high sodium, but I'm hoping I at least maintained. I did work out in the hotel gym a few times and even swam for about 20 minutes one evening. I forgot how hard it is on the arms!

All of that being said, I am now a NARHA Certified Riding Instructor. Yay!

On Tuesday, right before I left for my class/certification adventure, we were told our hours are being cut down to 32 hours per week, which means $600 a month is now gone from my paycheck. I'm not sure yet how I'll figure that one out, but so far I'm not panicky or freaking out like I thought I would be. I figure that will come after I see the first tiny check. Even so, I'm going to take the extra time to focus on me....exercising, cooking (perhaps), riding my horse and trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. Everything happens for a reason, right? Now I just have to try to figure out the reason!

Anyway, I promise I'll try to catch up on posts, but no promises. Just fill me in on the big important stuff I missed and I'll be happy. Thanks so much for those of you who kept in touch via Facebook while I was gone. MFP needs a Blackberry app so I don't have to go through withdrawals from being away from you gals.

Have a great evening,
    Heather

Yay!!!
    Come join us on this week's thread now, okay? :wink:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/100390-over-200-new-year-new-me-part-22