Over 200 Club New Year New Me Part 21

Options

Replies

• cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Jess- Thanks for the pep talk. Honestly I am pretty much sure I wont do w8d2 tonight unless by some miracle my attitude changes. I may go check out the success thread for motivation. I didnt watch Jillian's show yet so no spoliers! I DVRed it cause 10pm was just too late for me last night! I am watching it today!

pos_me- I dont know about the taste bud thing...could be. I do notice that if I eat something really salty now it makes me gag and is almost inedible....ALMOST :laugh: :wink:
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Cris-No worries, no spoilers here! That's why I asked before I said anything. I forget some of you are on the East coast! I think my problem with c25k is that it's not exciting. I like the interval running because I like that recovery time. I hear it's better for you weight loss wise as well. So this just running for 30 minutes is BORING!! Just not exciting for me. And laying on my butt by the pool drinking a beer sounds like way more fun to me. Sounds like we both need a change in workout routine! My roommate and I are going to start Yoga on Saturday mornings in a few weeks I think. We need to find something new and fresh!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    LittleSpy-Way to go on demanding what you want! That's awesome!! I guess the fat jiggle is a good thing? I've been using the skin firming lotion someone reccomended awhile ago. Seems to be working. I use it on my stomach and arms because those are my 2 big problem places.

Did anybody catch Jillian's new show last night? I watched it and loved it! She is one brutal *kitten*! :tongue:

Edit:
    POS ME-I'm sure it's probably sodium or from working outside so much and your retaining water. If you didn't eat that bad there's no way it's a 5 pound gain. It'll fall off. Sounds like your body might just be exhausted. Take a day or two of rest. Sounds like you might need it! As far as the chips and fatty food. I can still eat them just not as much. If I eat a lot then I feel sick. Doesn't seem to affect my lips though. Not sure about that. Sorry girl!

Jess: thanks for the encouraging words:flowerforyou: I hope its a water gain. I WILL work extra hard today. I know for sure that I won't see a loss, but that is ok, it my own fault!

I did watch Jillian's new show..And I loved it!

Also, you mentioned something about a *firming* lotion. I wanted to try a lotion a while back, does it *really* work, so far?

EDIT: removed my reaction regarding the show so I don't spoil it for Cris....Sorry
  • cris20056
    Options
    Cris-No worries, no spoilers here! That's why I asked before I said anything. I forget some of you are on the East coast! I think my problem with c25k is that it's not exciting. I like the interval running because I like that recovery time. I hear it's better for you weight loss wise as well. So this just running for 30 minutes is BORING!! Just not exciting for me. And laying on my butt by the pool drinking a beer sounds like way more fun to me. Sounds like we both need a change in workout routine! My roommate and I are going to start Yoga on Saturday mornings in a few weeks I think. We need to find something new and fresh!

I totally agree. At this point I dont even think its that I CANT run for 28 or 30 mins its that I dont WANT to. The only thing that keeps me going is you (lol) and the fact that I want to be able to say that I graduated the c25k program...we only have 5 workouts left so thats what I keep telling myself...just get 'er done...but its still a pain. I also agree that interval running is better. I plan on going back to the beginning of c25k and re-do it upping my speed. I will prob keep doing higher speeds up until week 4 or osmething then start over with a new speed. But FIRST I have to finish the stupid program! Ugh...

I usually try to "Switch" up something in my workout routine every 10lbs but maybe I should do it every 5lbs now since Im losing slower? We will see

mmm beer...pool....thankss, lol
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    LittleSpy-Way to go on demanding what you want! That's awesome!! I guess the fat jiggle is a good thing? I've been using the skin firming lotion someone reccomended awhile ago. Seems to be working. I use it on my stomach and arms because those are my 2 big problem places.

Did anybody catch Jillian's new show last night? I watched it and loved it! She is one brutal *kitten*! :tongue:

Edit:
    POS ME-I'm sure it's probably sodium or from working outside so much and your retaining water. If you didn't eat that bad there's no way it's a 5 pound gain. It'll fall off. Sounds like your body might just be exhausted. Take a day or two of rest. Sounds like you might need it! As far as the chips and fatty food. I can still eat them just not as much. If I eat a lot then I feel sick. Doesn't seem to affect my lips though. Not sure about that. Sorry girl!

Jess: thanks for the encouraging words:flowerforyou: I hope its a water gain. I WILL work extra hard today. I know for sure that I won't see a loss, but that is ok, it my own fault!

Also, you mentioned something about a *firming* lotion. I wanted to try a lotion a while back, does it *really* work, so far?

EDIT: removed my reaction regarding the show so I don't spoil it for Cris....Sorry

I had been using Nivea and now I'm using Jergens because it's cheaper. The Jergens is definitely thicker. I think it helps. Seems to be so far. I don't think it's going to be a miracle lotion and keep my skin extra firm but I can definitely notice a difference. So far I don't have any saggy skin either.
  • cris20056
    Options

Edit:

:laugh: :laugh: I hadnt seen it I was busy writing a post! Thanks for editing! :flowerforyou:
  • RedneckWmn
    Options

I totally agree. At this point I dont even think its that I CANT run for 28 or 30 mins its that I dont WANT to. The only thing that keeps me going is you (lol) and the fact that I want to be able to say that I graduated the c25k program...we only have 5 workouts left so thats what I keep telling myself...just get 'er done...but its still a pain. I also agree that interval running is better. I plan on going back to the beginning of c25k and re-do it upping my speed. I will prob keep doing higher speeds up until week 4 or osmething then start over with a new speed. But FIRST I have to finish the stupid program! Ugh...

I usually try to "Switch" up something in my workout routine every 10lbs but maybe I should do it every 5lbs now since Im losing slower? We will see

mmm beer...pool....thankss, lol

:laugh: I'm the worst motivtor in the summer I swear! You can bribe me with beer any day! Tis the season for concerts, pool, bbq's and bber. Speaking of concerts I have 2 more next week! Can't wait!

That's what I was planning on doing with the c25k. I was thinking this morning that I just wanna go ahead and start over and work on my speed but I wanna say I graudted the program. Soo....I'm going to push myself and force myself to finish! I'm setting a goal to finish and I WILL stick to it!! We both will do it and push each other to finish! We're both too competative to give up!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options

I was the one who recommended it. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    And yeah, I'm still using it. It's unlikely *anyone* can lose this much weight and not have a little bit of loose skin. :smile:

I still think it looks pretty good. Word of caution to those of you who think you don't have any loose skin after significant weight loss --- don't bend over completely horizontally and then look at your stomach. :noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Mine looks good when I'm vertical. And freaking fantastic if I'm on my back. But... when I bend over and let 'er all hang out... wooooo boy. Yeah, there's loose skin there. :tongue:
  • RedneckWmn
    Options

I was the one who recommended it. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    And yeah, I'm still using it. It's unlikely *anyone* can lose this much weight and not have a little bit of loose skin. :smile:

I still think it looks pretty good. Word of caution to those of you who think you don't have any loose skin after significant weight loss --- don't bend over completely horizontally and then look at your stomach. :noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Mine looks good when I'm vertical. And freaking fantastic if I'm on my back. But... when I bend over and let 'er all hang out... wooooo boy. Yeah, there's loose skin there. :tongue:

Well there you go! Julie recommended it! :laugh: My memory is awful! Note to self...do not bend over and let 'er all hang out...or down...:laugh:
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Well there you go! Julie recommended it! :laugh: My memory is awful! Note to self...do not bend over and let 'er all hang out...or down...:laugh:

:laugh: Yeah, I was chugging along thinking "oh yeah, no loose skin. Skin, you're awesome!" And then last week sometime I was on all fours doing something (not that!) and I looked down and was utterly horrified! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • RedneckWmn
    Options

:laugh: Yeah, I was chugging along thinking "oh yeah, no loose skin. Skin, you're awesome!" And then last week sometime I was on all fours doing something (not that!) and I looked down and was utterly horrified! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This just made me bust out laughing at work!! I was reading this and was like "OH MY!" and then kept going...glad you cleared that up! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cris20056
    Options

LMAO:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Hi All,

Nice day in sunny CA and I think I will take another walk with the kiddos. Yesterday, decided to let my Ryan walk and although he was on an expedition his big sister (gotta love it) kept him on track so that I could just focus on walking. I rewarded them with a walk to a park and play. They enjoyed it. Came home mowed the front lawn and then played Dance Dance revolution, I did workout mode and burned 250 calories there. So all in all yesterday was a good day for me. Stayed within calories and kept active. Today will be another walk, then mow the back lawn and some more ddr.

Things have been stressful for my hubby, the wonderful thing about marriage although this is a 50/50 union there are times when one needs you to do more than 50 my hubby is in need of my full support right now. Things at work are stressful, they are talking layoffs. My husband is our ONLY source of income. Truthfully, I am not worried. He brings in a big chunk of the monthly money. He works hard and never calls in sick even when his blood sugar is over 300. He is an asset to the company. The owner really appreciates him it is his supervisor in charge of his department who is got an issue. Not with hubby's work, but he just tends to prefer the booty kissers and although my honey is a hard worker he has not been a "booty kisser" so if they do layoffs based on work ethic hubby is low on the list if they get rid of you based on popularity by the supervisor hubby would be high on the list placing all booty kissers last. Anyhow, when he hurts or is stressed I am hurt. So I am trying to make sure that home life is as calm and good as possible until they can get through this rough time at work. I am also fully confident that even if his supervisor wants to get rid of people based on who he likes least, he still wants a guy who brings in a good chunk of business because that looks better for him. There are big clients for his department who call and request to deal with my man. Any how I am also full confident in my God who supplies all of our needs. Sorry for going on and on, I just needed to get that out. It is my turn to be the strong one. He has had to be the strong one for me a few months back and now he needs me and I needed to vent. Sorry!
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I see the silence of yesterday has been made up for today. Love it when we're so chatty - always gives me a nice break from work!

I am now horrified to look at my belly and all the potential extra skin.

Checking in from yesterday:
    Cals: Under, with some exercise leftover = 1364
    Water: 96 oz
    Exercise: 75 minutes of Exercise TV OnDemand = 531 cals burned. I did a Bollywood one and thought it was a pretty lame workout, but I know some of you have really enjoyed it. Perhaps I got the wrong one. Then I did two different cardio dance routines (my husband was gone and I wanted to get a good calorie burn going, so I kept going!). Both were pretty fun, so I may do them again when I'm feeling like I don't want to go to the gym.
    Proud: That I exercised when I got home. I could have watched 2 more episodes of True Blood last night (I just started watching the first season on HBO OnDemand), but I sat there for a minute and decided that I needed to get some exercise in and since I didn't feel like going to the gym, I had to do something. Overall I enjoyed the workout (minus Bollywood), and my legs are feeling it today.

My mom flies in today for a long "girls' weekend." I'm so excited to have her here to shop, spa, and walk all over the city. I'll still check in everyday, but I likely won't be on during the day tomorrow or Friday (I'm taking both days off!).
  • cris20056
    Options
    Tomorrow I may have the day off because its a holiday in Brazil..and since my business deals predominantly with people there it is a waste to come i. However, boss man (my dad!) feels like I may still need to come in to tie a few lose ends that resulted from the long weekend. I am trying to get it all done right now so I dont have to come in tomorrow.

If I am off we are checking out those 2 venues we narrowed it down to and could potentially finally set a date within a week or so! I am so anxious to get to planning...cant do anything without a venue and date though! **sigh**
  • LittleSpy
    Options

Exercise: 75 minutes of Exercise TV OnDemand = 531 cals burned. I did a Bollywood one and thought it was a pretty lame workout, but I know some of you have really enjoyed it. Perhaps I got the wrong one.

I haven't checked them out lately, but the one I did that I enjoyed was with one main instructor woman (who was incredibly gorgeous & fantastic motivation for me :laugh:), then a guy and a girl behind her. It *was* pretty lame. But I'm a huge dork that way. The workout was good, but I remember having to really exaggerate some of the movement to get my heartrate up (which totally added to the dorky fun time). The other Bollywood workout I did on ExTV flat out sucked, IMO.
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    So I've got this wild hair up my butt to color my hair and go back to being blonde. I always get this urge in the shower. I grow my hair out, cut it off, color it brown color it blonde! :tongue:

Cris-Good luck on getting all your work done! Hope you get tomorrow off!

elmox-I should give this exercise tv a try! Sounds exciting!!
  • irandamay
    irandamay Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost enough weight yet to have any loose skin... it's still clinging to the fat beneath it. :smile: I am interested to try these lotions maybe... do you just rub them into the areas where there might be loose skin later on?
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    The Bollywood workout I did had three people (lead female, a guy and a girl in the back) and a voiceover woman. There weren't a lot of good cues so they would switch something and I wouldn't realize it. It definitely did not get my heartrate up, but it was goofy. :tongue:

Jess, if you have Exercise TV OnDemand, I would definitely check it out. There's lots of variety there, so you should be able to find any type of workout you are looking for. And it's FREE! Always a plus in my book!

Cris, hope you get ther day off tomorrow to scout locations. Oh wedding planning...such fun!
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. I guess all the bad eating this weekend kicked my metabolism in the butt, I'm now down to 222.8, and hoping to get out of the 20's soon! Sorry I havent been around. School is taxing and i'm doing alot of art outside of that. I've been attempting to eat well and have noticed that I make smarter choices now. Fruit instead of fries, grilled instead of fried, I'm always looking for the lowest calorie things at restaurants. Its a nice change! Plus I can eat slower now and I get full faster. I also find myself not craving food as terribly as I used to. It may be partialy because of my sickness last weekend which curbed my appetite alot, but I'm over that and still kind of peckish.

I needed extra hours in the Fall semester when I was signing up yesterday and my advisor made a great suggestion...PE courses! for my electives, of course. They'll fill up my hours so I can keep my insurance (have to be full time student to stay on) and I get a great workout plus college credit! Its better than taking a class at the gym! I'm taking Yoga and Weight Training 1 this fall, so I hope to increase my calorie burn with that! Its exciting!

MY school also offers Aqua Boot Camp...does anyone know what that is or can explain to me how it works? I was curious...