HELP! Should I date three more??

Options

Replies

• ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    12??? 12??? I thought the magic number was 42!!!!!!!!!

No, it's 13. even numbers are bad
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Relationships have too many carbs, and cause you to bloat. Carve a partner out of cauliflower - just like the real thing with none of the bloating!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Well, I met my husband while I was in high school. I was 14. He was the 2nd boyfriend I had.

2 weeks after we met, he told me he was going to marry me. We were best friends and we genuinely felt drawn together.

We broke up and got back together when I was 17. We have been together ever since. It has been 11 years and we have never been happier.

I can see the advantage of dating around to get an idea of who you want to be with forever, but sometimes, (just sometimes) love steps in and makes the decision for you.
    If I had chosen to "date around" I would have missed my soul mate and probably would have missed out on this incredible love that we share.

Wow, this is a beautiful story :flowerforyou:

Do you really know he was your soul mate though? That's my worry.:ohwell:
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lnpoegkXZB1qgfq29.gif
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    This is just my two cents, but I wouldn't believe a magazine so much. I mean, instead of dating three more men, who you may/may not like more than your current boyfriend, why would you not evaluate where you see yourself with him in the next few years? Do you really think you could see yourself having a family with him? Would he be able to support you through all walks of life, can he be your closest friend, can you trust him with all your heart? Sometimes, I know this is cheesy, it's not about the numbers, it's really about that feeling you get when you're with someone. If I were in your place, I'd reevaluate my position instead of jumping out on a limb (and thereby, in the process, risking your relationship with Chris- he seems to be really protective of you) and dating three more guys just because some magazine said it (and yes, I tend to think more with my brain than my heart like you :tongue: ) Do what makes YOU happy, and what is good for you, not for anyone else (well except your future children duh xD).
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    12??? 12??? I thought the magic number was 42!!!!!!!!!

thats the answer to EVERYTHING....

maybe 42 is the number of inches those 12 should stack up to....which means...well...someone is taking a hit...

hopefully there will be girth.
  • scnurse38
    scnurse38 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    This is my advice.. Allthough rare some marriage do work out even after a short courtship. But what you need to ask yourself is this.. is this the man I can live with, or the man I cant live without? If your answer is the second, then yes.. move, you dont' need to follow "the rules" and date 3 more!! A spouse should be that man you can't imagine not being with for the rest of your life!! Also, if your a praying person, turn it over to the Lord.. He won't lead you wrong!! Good luck! :smile:
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    If your family doesn't like chris there's no way that's working longterm. Unfortunately our families' opinion is more important than it should be and who can really live (for better or worse) with an unsupportive family for all those years if you two were to be married.
  • Ivian_
    Ivian_ Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Does the rule of 3 apply here? Or is it really only 12? :frown:
  • JaneDough_
    JaneDough_ Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    This is intense but you know what else is more intense?

Female arm wrestling
    rSQe2IV.gif
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Why did no one tell me you're supposed to stop at 12????

This explains everything.

Can I fix this with multiples of 12???
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Did you just turn MFP into a bad reality show?
  • teshiburu
    teshiburu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Chris checks up on you? wants to know who you are PMing? In my opinion seems he doesn't trust you, and it may be harsh but by the content of your post suggesting to date 3 more guys instead of settling down? Chris is right to not trust you!

cv4e8e17b2.jpg
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    OK, mfpeeps. I have issues. I broke up with my boyfriend Simon a few months ago because one of his friends (Chris) told me Simon might be cheating. I couldn't prove it, but of course I broke up with Simon because it isn't worth it to me to stay in a relationship where I can't trust someone. :ohwell:

After a few weeks, Chris and I randomly started dating, so now me and him are together and have been for two months. It's great because I know I can trust him. My ex never checked up on me, but Chris is interested in who I was talking to on the phone or who is PMing me here or he just calls me to see where I am and what I'm doing at different points during the day. :love: Sometimes he gets jealous of other guys flirting with me. He really cares and it's adorable. :love:

The problem is that even though we have been together two whole months, he has to move for his job and wants me to go with him. He wants to get married. I'm 26 and my biological clock is ticking, so I'm not totally against it. Add to that the fact that my ex is calling me lately saying he wants to work things out so obviously I really need to get out of the San Diego area. :angry:

But I'm a really scientific person. That's why I tend to do badly in relationships. Anyway, studies show that you should date 12 people before you choose one to settle down with, and I've only dated 9. :noway: (I found that in Wired magazine, they are just great). I can't ask my family and friends because they are biased and really liked my ex and don't like Chris, but I need input. What do I do? Do I risk not dating three more people? What if I miss my soul mate? And what if Chris is the best man I'll ever know and I let him go? :sad: :sad:

I know the forums get snarky sometimes and I do have a sense of humor and inteligence, but I'm actually looking for real advice here, not rudeness. After all, we're all here for the same reasons. :flowerforyou:

Chris is cheating on you.

So that probably means you're free Saturday. I'll pick you up at 7.
  • JohnnyCashMoney
    Options

But I'm a really scientific person. That's why I tend to do badly in relationships. Anyway, studies show that you should date 12 people before you choose one to settle down with, and I've only dated 9. :noway: (I found that in Wired magazine, they are just great). :

I know the forums get snarky sometimes and I do have a sense of humor and inteligence, but I'm actually looking for real advice here, not rudeness. After all, we're all here for the same reasons. :flowerforyou:

Wow. Just wow. Do you love the new guy? What is this bollocks about 12 relationships? That's TOTAL CRAP. What is your gut telling you? Put your big brain on the shelf for a second, and ask yourself a simple question: Can I live without this dude when he moves?
  • Surisaddai
    Surisaddai Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I sincerely hope that you are kidding. This Chris character sounds really controlling, and I am even more surprised you think that is love. It sounds like he was getting in the middle of your past relationship, and now wants to control everything. You should just run and take time for yourself since you are obviously very confused about what you want.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Very simple. Go out and get pregnant from the hottest guy you can find and tell Chris that it's his. It's a time-honored tradition.

Actually, even better, bang three at the same time and let the sperm all fight it out. May the best swimmers win!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    uh, why is this not in the chit-chat section? And, its 21 partners, because that's what the movie "What's Your Number?" said it was....
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    you're not ready to marry....any of them....
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Just have a MMMF fourway.
    i would suggest this too, get the issue resolved immediately who knows you might even loose some weight.

oh yes and do weight training too,

make sure you throw each one of them off of you at least once, and eat your exercise calories back..

and make sure you're getting more than 1200 a day, because otherwise you're starving yourself