boyfriend trouble. help a girl out?

Options
123457»

Replies

• kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Your guy is meant to make you feel like no other woman exists, not compare you to everyone else. Truth is you deserve better. Onwards!

bingo
  • Courtney_0402
    Options
    Honestly, this guy sounds like he has no respect for you, or the relationship that you guys have. How would he feel if you bragged about your guy friends? He probably wouldn't feel great, and I'm sure you don't feel great hearing about it. It has nothing to do with being a potentially jealous girlfriend, it's just the principle of the thing.

Yes, he's an a-hole, douche.
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Sounds like he is testing you. Trying to see what he can get away with. Eventually he will think its okay to do whatever he wants and you will be okay with it. SO if it bothers you and makes you uncomfortable you should express that to him.

This was my first thought too.

Best case scenario? He's a selfish, insecure, immature little boy who plays mind games with women. Worst case scenario? He's a complete grade-A jerk who's trying to groom you and test you to see just how horribly he can treat you and still get away with it. Anyway which way, I'd dump him ASAP if I were you. I'm not willing to tolerate even the best case scenario with him.

In life and especially in relationships, you get what you're willing to tolerate. If you tolerate immaturity, flirting, and disrespect, you'll get it! But if you put your foot down and refuse to tolerate such behavior, you won't get it! Simple as that!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    He's either super insecure or he likes making you insecure, either way it's gross, annoying, and not a trait of someone you want to date.

All of this.
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Lots of funny douche references here, someone besides me still douches. I can't be the only one keeping Massengil in business. But douchecanoe is funny, I can't imagine.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    Lots of funny douche references here, someone besides me still douches. I can't be the only one keeping Massengil in business. But douchecanoe is funny, I can't imagine.

ERMYGERD. EVERSHER EVERLERD!
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    That's what guys do. He is sharing with you, at least he is not keeping it from you.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    He also told me about how he dream cheated on me "once with two girls at once lol".
    Because it's little things I can never call him out on it. Like two weeks ago I get a text from him saying that he'd stayed round his (girl) mate's house with her best friend (also a girl) overnight, and bragged to me about it!

Ow! I didn't see this part, but still he just being honest. Maybe its a maturity thing.
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options

ERMYGERD. EVERSHER EVERLERD!

One of my favorite words ever is "vaginahead"
  • jffrydale
    jffrydale Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    "He's not that in to you..." Sorry, based on the information provided this relationship is going to go nowhere, and I recommend you don't invest when he seems to be interested elsewhere. Better to know now than later...
  • diliveslife
    diliveslife Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    He sounds like an idiot who doesn't appreciate what he has. A man who wants to keep you in his life and keep you happy would never behave that way. Douchebagerie is agreed.
  • tiarrablount
    Options
    dump the guy he doesnt seem very in love if hes flirting with others
  • _castiel
    _castiel Posts: 30
    Options
    Wow I was not expecting so many replies to this, so thank you all! I followed the general census saying I should talk to him about it. I know a lot you wanted me to leave him, but I thought since I'd never told him he was bothering me before, I should give him the chance to change.

And wow what a response I got.

I've never heard such grovelling in my life. He was ridiculously apologetic, saying that he'd had no idea that it was upsetting me, and that he was angry at himself for being blind to it. It was totally not what I was expecting! I was expecting a fight, or him calling me out on being insecure, but no. He promised to change, and he thanked me for being brave enough to bring it up.

Gosh.

I guess it was my fault for this whole thing anyway, we have in the past joked about getting celebrities to have threesomes with us, or we've talked about the hotness of Halle Berry as Catwoman vs Anne Hathaway (nerd couple at your service). But then he took it a step too far by applying that to women he knows and that's where the problem began.

I'm so so thankful for you all for giving me the courage to feel justified enough to bring it up and tell him it was bothering me. The reason it went on so long is because I blamed myself for taking offence so it when I should've just called him out in it from the beginning. So thank you, really. You guys are great.

Also, I've never heard the word douchecanoe used so much in a forum and I'm still laughing at it. Also loving c~untmuffin and twatwaffle, I'd like to offer you one I heard yesterday: douchebaguette. Use it wisely.

Thank you again.