Replies

• Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    i love British, Norwegian, Swedish and German accents:heart::heart: :heart:
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Irish cuz they say FACK. So I guess Boston. haha.

Aussies and Scots make me melt.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Love all the british/australian accents on men and women.

Like southern accents on women.

Dislike all american accents except the midwestern (which I'm indifferent to since it's mine) one on both men and women (expect my southern exception).

Indifferent on all others.

I'm a self identified accentist.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    German <3 - the hottest thing ever when spoken by guys

To me, German just sounds angry and unhappy.

Give me Italian or Spanish (from Spain) any day. Also, Irish.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Does everyone love an accent that is different from their own or is it just me?

Favorites

Boston
    Jersey/New York
    Southern/country
    Australian
    GBR English

Those first two...........So awesome......................so awesome

GBR English, or the British accent as I see lots of people refer to it, makes me laugh. Which British accent is that then? Thanks to Hollywood, Americans seem to think we all talk like Hugh Grant or Colin Firth. In reality, our accents are as different and varied as yours! The British accent. LOL

Boston accents in the movies are atrocious,unless you're Ben Affleck,Matt Damon or Mark Wahlberg.

Nobody else can do them.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I love German, Australian, Irish and French accents
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I'm German-Dutch and have lived in London for a couple of years now. My accent has turned sort of Cockney-Dutch with a bit of Welsh thrown in for some reason (apparently when I'm tired I turn Welsh).

My favourite accent is Nortern Irish. Yes, please.
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    i love hearing women with british or southern accents! i'm stuck with a midwestern twang, where people down south think i got a norwegian accent and people up here say i sound like i got a country twang
    Well hello there!
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Southern Accents; I especially love women's accents from the deep south (GA, Alabama, Carolinas etc).
    English and Australian

I'm from Texas, and have been told I have more of a 'Dallas' accent, whatever that means..

I've been told the SAME THING! People in Houston can always tell I'm from D-town.

Oh and German accents sound pissy.
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    British accents (yes alllllllllll) of them :love: :love: :love: :love:
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    New York, New Jersey, Boston...
    Are all like nails on a chalkboard to me.

A Southern accent really doesn't do much for me since I happen to have one myself.
    Now, a Cuban girl with that thick Cuban accent......
  • princelukas777
    Options
    Are accents universally awesome....??? YES!!! LOL
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm from north west England and over here accents change considerably between different towns. I live about ten miles east of Liverpool. Liverpool people think I sound like a 'woolly' (slang for northern but not Liverpool/scouse!) and yet people from ten miles further east think I sound scouse.:laugh:

Having said that, all northerners would be equally insulted and immediately bonded together if anyone said we were southerners.

My problem is that I pick up accents very easily and people think I'm mocking them! I lived in Wales for three years and can easily slip back into a Swansea accent. Also, when I lived in Albany, NY I had to start speaking like them cos no-one could understand me otherwise!

You must live near me, I live 8 miles from Liverpool! I don't have a strong scouse accent, but many around here too.
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Seems the Scottish accent is a popular one ! .. wonder which part though we sound and speak so different :) ... im from Glasgow and i have no idea what people in Aberdeen are saying to me there

i like Irish accent

I have the same issue- when speaking to a Glaswegian, my accent comes out, if a Scottish person from another part of the country (particualrly Aberdeen) joins the conversation, i struggle to understand them!
    I am near London so don't usually have much of an accent although my other half finds it funny to try and trigger the Glaswegian accent so poke fun at me ( posh boy lol)

Love the Welsh, Geordie, Dutch, lots of North American accents, and lots of others...i love a nice accent!

edited to add-the other half had elocution lessons so he has a very formal,traditional (almost BBC English) voice.
  • sam85brent
    sam85brent Posts: 137
    Options
    I still have my American accent if you speak to my british friends, but my family say I sound all posh now!

I love a brit girl with an accent
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    accents are awesome, and I say that because I'm a midwesterner and we have no accent. We are the plain boring dialect which newscasters are taught to speak like. :ohwell:

We can sound lame together.
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    Irish....
    and the way people talk in the southern USA...
  • sarahtonin015
    sarahtonin015 Posts: 193
    Options
    Scottish (favourite)
    English (second favourite, although the order of my favourite dialects is another issue altogether)
    Australian
    Irish
    German

I'm not all that crazy about Southern accents, and I'd say I'm neutral about New York and Boston accents.

Accents are sexy as ****.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I find it ironic you both like Boston accents. Oftentimes I hear that it makes me sound uneducated, to the point where in important interviews or with people of authority I've learned to control it to an extent.

I'm from Boston so most of the accents you're mentioning seem normal to me but I do like them. But my favorite accent is Southern, I like a nice Southern drawl as long as it isn't too strong.

I was surprised to see the first two people list Boston accents as well. I was constantly told to drop mine in college because I didn't sound professional. My favorites are Irish and Australian.