Bad things that have happened since I starting losing weight

Options

Replies

• exercise2day2
    exercise2day2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    1. I can't eat as much as I used to, because I actually recognize what it feels like to be full.
    2. My spandex pants keep falling down while I Zumba.
    3. I am not satisfied with eating box dinners, and insist on actually preparing wholesome meals.
    4. I get upset when I can't exercise 4 times per week.
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I am always Freezing!!! Even when I am under the covers!!!
    I had to buy new undies, twice.
    I have to safety pins my pants, even though these are my 'smaller clothes'
    If I sit for more than 15 or 20 minutes, my tailbone hurts!
    People say to me, "You must have lost over 120 pounds". (Did I really look forty pounds heavier than I was?)
    I still cannot find clothes that fit!!
    Loose skin! Ick!!
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    1) this is a common one, but I am always always cold. I end up apologizing to everyone because I lost my insulation and I live in the desert.
    2) I no longer support my local pharmacy as I stopped 1/2 of my medications since they were no longer needed (The pharmacists knew me by name)
    3) Same with doctors, my checkups are getting scheduled with less frequency
    4) Supermarket checkout people no longer want to come to my house for dinner
    5) My dogs expect to be taken out now and attack me when I go to the door (on the other hand, I can now slip out the door without letting them escape)
    4) I annoy my friends as I can now borrow their clothes
    5) Shopping for clothes has too many options now that I can buy clothes from everywhere, not just plus size stores
    6) I have credit cards that I cut up from disuse as they were for stores that I can no longer shop at. Sorry Lane Bryant, Avenue, Catherine's
    7) I have found out that too big underwear is just as uncomfortable as too small underwear
    8) My bra size has changed into something unrecognizable and apparently hard to find
    9) Victoria's Secret is something that I can finally learn
    10) I spend less on jewelry as I no longer need to make anything larger to fit me thereby driving down the profit they make off of me
    11) my heating bill has gone up... see number 1...
    12) my storage closet is full. As I have no idea what to do with the size 26/28 clothes I had
    13) clothes that were too small for me before are now too big and have moved to the storage closet
    14) my bedroom closets are comparatively empty and the clothes in there look lonely
    15) I've had to get my glasses adjusted... twice... the first time the guy commented on how bowed out the frames were
    16) people comment on now much happier I seem and they now want to talk to me. So I apparently lost the surly protection field I once had
    17) baggy leggings = can we say unattractive?

I love this post!
  • Dargealing
    Dargealing Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    1.my clothes were too big, but I have a sewing machine and know how to use it. 2.I had a stack of clothes I didn't want to alter, so I shared them in a clothing exchange with friends and came home with clothes from the clothing exchange that fit. oh that is a good thing
    3. I to am cold all the time. I've only lost 22lbs but loads of inches.That too is a good thing, but now more of my fav. clothes are too big.
    4. I too get upset if I can't work out or do at least my walk.
    5. I don't go out to eat if I can help it as I hate over priced fattening food and prefer eating home made.
    6.hate winter when I can't get outside because of it being too cold.
    What have I done about it?
    given some of the clothes away. sewing ones I want to keep.
    Done some hormone therapy to help with cold, and hot and mod swings.
    pampered myself when I house sit here where there is a Sauna, and elliptical and massage chair.
    helping others to get on this site for help and self care, like I found.
    all the negative can't outweigh the joy I have been experiencing from being the smallest I have been and stayed, and the healtiest I have been as well.

so if you have friends or neighbors that have clothes they want to get rid of or have exchanged, and then you take from those items that will fit you.. that way it costs nothing for the smaller clothes. I have lots of friends. There were so many clothes left that they had to be set aside for future clothing exchange. And for us gals the too big bra issue, a sewing machine goes a long way.
    even for undies till you get new ones. I hope some of the suggestions have made on my entry are useful
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I get cold more easily because I'm losing my insulation!
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    one more thing :)

The absolute need to try on clothes before buying them
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I can't handle greasy foods anymore
    I have more workout clothes then regular clothes
    I gave my Christmas list to my family and thy commented it was all workout.gym.kicthen related lol
    I have 1 pair of jeans that fot
    i have 1 pair of trousers that fit
    My shoes are too big
    my boobs shrank
    i'm always cold
    i hate rest days.. i force them occasionally
    Sugar gives me a headache
    I rarely watch tv and can't relate to half the people i know, since my life consists of working out. reading about nutrition trying new recipes and playing sports.
    I spend a lot more of food
    you can see 5 pounds if i gain it
    I'm always cold
    I think i have to give up beer.. (crown is staying though!!)
    I get shin splints
  • SlinkyAndHerAmazingBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Nothing. It's all good! :glasses:
  • lebbyloses
    lebbyloses Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    * I had to go Black Friday shopping for the first time ever, not to buy gifts, but because all my dresses are too big and I don't have anything to wear to holiday parties and I can't afford to pay full price.
    * I carefully trained my dog to enjoy sleeping in, and now I'm awake and ready for our walk and he is hiding under the covers and refusing to go out in the cold!
    * I have no money, but I covet things like cashmere tights and fleece leggings! I'm always freezing!
    * I'm never satisfied anymore! I'm not even at my goal weight yet, but I'm full of new fitness goals that seem as out of reach as a normal BMI did last year.
    * I have a long list of healthy recipes that look fabulous, but it takes me so long to eat my way through one that I will never get through the list of things I want to try.

So many problems! You can see I am doing my part to keep the economy going and make up for any savings in soap and gas. :)
  • mel4bee
    mel4bee Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm always cold. Always. No more isolation. And I live in Canada... lol
    My bra don't fit me anymore
    As someone said, greasy food is not as appealing ad it used to be
    And I spend wayyy too much time in the kitchen lol
  • xraygal84
    xraygal84 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am only about half way to my goal, and already, bad things are happening!

1. Looking older because there's less fat to fill in the wrinkles
    2. Feeling crummy if I can't work out one day
    3. Unwanted attention from men much older than I am
    4. Loose skin
    5. Underwear too big, bras too big
    6. Figuring out what to wear now. Old clothes too big, but don't want to spend a lot of money on new clothes that also won't fit soon, so have been shopping at Goodwill. (I love the clothing exchange idea, wonder how to find in my area?)
    7. People who ask what I've been doing, then when I tell them working out every day, and using MFP, they don't believe me.

Ah, there were worse problems when I was fat(ter) :)
  • bonbons324
    Options
    This is great!
  • 50Mimmy
    Options
    My clothes are too big!
    When I buy new clothes that fit, it is not long before they also are to big!
    My boobs are small :O
    I get embarrassed of all the compliments :D
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Jealousy! Is no one else dealing with this? I would love to hear how you are dealing with it.

Yup. I've experienced it, but haven't really dealt with it... my best friend was super mean to me for a while because of my weight loss. She seems to have gotten over it (or is focused on her own life). Another friend of mine who is much heavier keeps posting about "thin privilege." I "liked" one of the links (because honestly, I agreed with it) and she told me that I can't "like" it because I as a "thin" person, I experience "thin privilege." One can apparently only be an "ally" if one is heavier... anyway, she's no longer a friend, I suppose.

I would say, the worst things about my weight loss have definitely been the cost of buying new clothes (I just can't afford it anymore) and not having as much padding on my bum!! Sitting in some chairs just hurts!
  • portofmorrow
    portofmorrow Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    - My boobs went from being virtually non-existent to totally non-existent.
    - I had to buy all new clothes TWICE (after the first 20lbs, and after the following 20lbs)
    - Receiving comments like, "What do you eat - air?" "Have you stopped eating?" "You looked fine before..." "Are you going to stop losing weight now?"

Besides these few small complaints, life is goooooood.
  • sbear867
    sbear867 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LionessWhispers
    LionessWhispers Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    --I have to sleep with a pillow between my knees so my bones don't poke each other??
    --All of my favorite pants that I kept for years saying "someday I'll fit into you again" are now starting to get baggy! Nooo!!
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Bump - cos I just love this thread
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    My self esteem got incredibly lower because I know I've lost a lot of weight but I know I'm nowhere near being thin yet.
  • SunOfMan
    SunOfMan Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    The cold! Last winter was one of the worst I've ever experienced. I was wearing a vest, 3 T-shirts, hat, gloves and a jacket at work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!