Bad things that have happened since I starting losing weight

Options

Replies

• kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Also, my hips bones jut out in a way they never have before and bug me when I lay on my belly. This is also a problem with my butt bones!

The Horror!
  • Cslauson86
    Cslauson86 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Well, since you asked...

I've had to clean out my closet!! I've donated the big clothes to a non-profit. I have to keep shopping for new clothes about every month. Who knew?
  • MsTru2U
    MsTru2U Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • RoxyDisaster
    RoxyDisaster Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    1. My glasses keep sliding to the end of my nose.
    2. I am unable to drink the same amount of Vodka.
    3. I have to keep my thermostat at a higher temp.
    4. My push-up bra isn't pushing anymore.
    5. I get ansty when I take a needed break from the gym.
    6. I smile and giggle at everything (This is really Bad)

I have almost all of the same issues lmao
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    My bras aren't fitting well anymore and I never had much to work with either. My pants are getting baggy looking when they're skinny fit. I'm trying to save money, not spend more lol. But I'm still happy with my results ;)
  • freckledjezebel
    freckledjezebel Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I lost 60lbs before I started tracking on MFP and none of my clothes fit anymore, I'm out of work so I can't afford new ones! Before I lost my job I bought a whole new plus-size wardrobe and now I can't wear any of it. :( BUT I'm healthier!
  • reneeb816
    reneeb816 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    New one for me: The wrinkles in my face are much more apparent now! :ohwell:

Also, the shocking realization that I can go into ANY clothing store now and find something that fits. Well, except maybe for Lane Bryant. This is very dangerous thing for my wallet. I've been trying to utilize the Salvation Army thrift store because I've still got so much to lose.

And (this one I'm ashamed to admit) but I've become a bit judgemental towards heavier people. I find myself thinking "I did it. Why don't you?" I don't like that about myself.
  • SACasto
    SACasto Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Bump =o)
  • ryker789
    ryker789 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    My wedding ring is getting too big! My work pants almost fell off the other day, AT WORK!!
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I love this topic! So great :smile:

For me it is the cost of buying new clothes. I have to keep replacing my wardrobe each season when last year's clothes don't fit anymore!
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    1.My bra is no longer full ( the ladies are firmer too)
    2. Undies are saggy and falling off
    3. Clothes are falling off of me
    4. Getting called beautiful by random strangers (this is awful, LOL just kidding)
  • debobrien1
    Options
    HAHA! #14

I'm only down 40 lbs, with LOTS to go, but I'm already suffering from negative stuff.
    1. I'm feeling like a slob most of the time because my clothes are getting so baggy, where as before it was because I just felt huge. My esteem has taken such a hit because of it.
    2. I'm getting socially awkward because now when I talk to certain people they want to talk about how good I'm doing and my wt loss. Its so embarrassing!
    3. The gals at my normal clothing store have started handing me cookies when I come in. They are afraid I'll keep losing and quit shopping there because I will be able to shop in regular plus sizes and not the extended plus store.
    4. The cookie aisle cookies are getting horse from calling my name but never being eaten.
    5. Its really annoying to have to pull up my unders so much.. its a terrible reminder that I will be forced to buy new ones.
    6. The 4x winter coat that I JUST bought last winter is just so huge now and I'm too cheap to buy a another new one until next year.
    7. My poor ta-ta's, they look lost in those big ol cups now and I'm suffering from inner hook shortage on my bras.
    8. So many more dishes to wash! eerrrggg..
    9. I'm noticing that my inner thermostat must be broken. I'm so much colder now than last year.
    10. I'm running out of excuses to not do housework. I'm just not exhausted enough now.
    11.I just don't need this pressure of trying to figure out who / how / when to give away my clothes that are too big.
    12. Carrying around a bottle of water all the time is such a burden, especially when you have to keep one hand free to pull up your unders.
    13. I won't let me just sit around on the pew now while everyone is up worshipping at church. For some reason, I think I need to get up and do all that moving around stuff too.
    14. My arm no longer gets that necessary stretching-as-far-as-possible exercise during bathroom breaks. (sorry, didn't wanna be gross, but it's the fat life)
    15. Forty lbs ago, I only worried about the money I would have to spend if I crossed the line into being diabetic, but now I worry about coming up with enough money to cross the line of another country. How am I going to have time to eat a double cheeseburger and fries when I'm so preoccupied with maps of foreign countries I want to visit?
  • caveninit
    caveninit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    1. My very expensive bras that I splurged on 6 months ago no longer fit..boobs are shrinking. (would much rather have belly shrinking more...why take from the fat I actually LIKE having?? :)
    2. that is all. :)
  • buzybev
    buzybev Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    1) I haven't lost that much yet but already my bras don't fit and I don't want to buy new ones until I reach my goal but I might have to.
    2) It hurts when my cat sleeps on my rib upper belly area.
    3) Being checked out by creepy dudes when I'm running.
    4) My rings don't fit.
    5) My shoes are big.
    7) More dishes because I cook at home a lot more.
    6) Deciding if I want to wait to buy clothes now or later (belts are a new thing in my life).

This is my life! I've actually started running in the early morning before sunrise cus I'm not really down with being honked at. And I can totally relate to the cat thing. Whenever my cat walks on me it feels like shes pressing little baby hammers into my stomach/chest. And I'm trying to hold out as long as possible before buying new bras.
  • cbenno97
    cbenno97 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Went on a five day trip to Vegas with my sister and did a decent amount of research on best Las Vegas buffets to sample. When I got there (Bacchanal at Caesars Palace and Bellagio), I did not do the food justice (particularly the desserts and meats). I managed to actually lose a couple of pounds in Vegas (thanks to walking the entire strip (Mandalay to Stratosphere and running on the treadmill at my hotels--Mandarin Oriental and Mandalay Bay), but somewhere, there are red velvet pancakes left untasted by me ;-(

On a completely separate note, have also been contributing to environmental waste by using separate containers to weigh by grilled chicken and salad items at the salad bar at work. Feeling a little guilty about that one.
  • DebSM2
    DebSM2 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Threw my back out pushing a piano down the hall...it helps to have extra weight for that job!
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I'm down to one pair of jeans that fit me well and don't make me look like I'm wearing Mom Jeans.
  • soulgirl26
    soulgirl26 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    1. The Girl Scouts in my neighborhood are now unable to sell enough boxes of cookies to go to summer camp for free.
    2. Children at the beach no longer feel heroic trying to save a whale by pushing me back into the ocean.
    3. Restaurant patrons must now find something else to talk about instead of that obese lady eating nachos.
    4. My husband is tired all the time because he's kept up way more often now.
    5. My friends are trying to figure out which one of them will now be considered the "fat" one of the group.
    6. When I miss my mouth the food now falls to my lap instead of into my bra. Therefore, ending the game, "rummage through my cleavage".
    7. Hundreds of Coca Cola workers have been laid off from reduced sales of their product.
    8. Planet Fitness is spending much more for my time there in electricity than my $10 a month will pay for.
    9. My students can no longer use the excuse, "I didn't do the assignment because I couldn't see the white board".
    10. Lastly, the poor ice cream man has been driving down my street every hour because he misses me.
  • TNunraveler
    TNunraveler Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Loved your post!
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I have all the same issues!
    Clothing malfunction, excuse me, I must pull up my pants like a 3 yr old...again.

Hit on. *Roll eyes* I'm in shape for my sport and my health, not you, ninny pants. (It helps being a Martial Arts student for the pushy guys.)

Cold. Grocery shopping in the freezer section sucks especially in the South. Folks in the South LOVE air conditioning.

Strangely, being expected to wear clothes that are my size but half my age." Mutton dressed as lamb" isn't attractive no matter what kind of shape you're in. I'm SO not wearing a super short skirt at 44.

I HATE clothes shopping with my friends. I love you my friends and we can shop for flowers anytime you like! I do not want to hear you tear yourself down in the clothing section of the store. It breaks my heart.

Being studied like a science project when I eat. Um... like "HI" did you slip something weird in my food and are checking to see if I actually eat it or something?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!