Bad things that have happened since I starting losing weight

Options

Replies

• JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    The improved definition makes it trickier to shave my armpits.

That's a good one!

No way! I thought that was just me?
    Also: that always being cold thing. And people telling me to stop moaning because it's my own fault and I "need more fat on my bones" (No, I don't)
    Also: Tailbone aching. Didn't know I had one before.
    Also: No boobs. And 34 AA doesn't exist in most shops.
    Also: People saying stuff like "you're too skinny. Why don't you eat some biscuits/cake?" When I am trying to stay strong and resist.
    Also: Actually finding that GAP size zero fits, but everyone else it's a size 6.
    Hey ho, got to roll with those punches and keep on keeping on.
  • JLHNU212
    JLHNU212 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    These are great and I cant wait to have some to share! :)
  • carlaunderconstruction
    Options
    Spending money on alterations and new clothes.
    Bump for later.
  • mariluny
    mariluny Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Friends that say you have are obsessive/have an eating disorder because you don't want to drink/go out to eat often.

I almost never go to restaurant anymore, which i miss a bit but then when i go I'm full after a third of the plate

When it's your birthday, you make your favorite meal and a huge cake full of cream and butter, who cares about cals, but you can't even eat it because you're so full when you get halfway there. Overeating is really in the past

Buying new clothes is never a bad thing but it is expensive (on the other hand, i spend less on groceries every time)

You try out way more recipe... but some of them taste so bad!

I bought a new winter jacket last year, i'll have to get a new one next winter for sure

Bras are expensive and finding a good one that you know will only fit for 2-3 months is so hard

I was already cold all the time but i just reached a degree of coldness i didn't thought was possible. I dress in layers and drink tea none-stop to warm up from the inside.
  • DUCKIEGYRL
    DUCKIEGYRL Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    1. My shoes no longer fit
    2. I can't find the size I wear ever
    3. I am always cold
  • dancer2u
    dancer2u Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    1. My glasses keep sliding to the end of my nose.
    2. I am unable to drink the same amount of Vodka.
    3. I have to keep my thermostat at a higher temp.
    4. My push-up bra isn't pushing anymore.
    5. I get ansty when I take a needed break from the gym.
    6. I smile and giggle at everything (This is really Bad)

1: lol, I am the same. I laugh, giggle, cut up, e.t.c. - to the point...my husband wants to know what is up with me?
    2: I bought a smaller size dress pants, a week later decided to wear them to work, & they fall off me; so money down the drain on those.
    3: This is a bad thing here though, my husband is getting insecure due to my weight loss, & me looking & feeling better. Anyone else deal with that?

This is all I have for now, as I have a long way to go yet.
  • eattilldie
    eattilldie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i dnt knw how to post in forum.can any1 tell me inmmy inbox.wll b thank ful
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    ...3: This is a bad thing here though, my husband is getting insecure due to my weight loss, & me looking & feeling better. Anyone else deal with that?

This is all I have for now, as I have a long way to go yet.

Reminds me of the song lyrics: if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife!

He is getting reminded he's lucky to have you!
  • marialydia
    marialydia Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    1. While driving to the gym today saw shadow on my forearm. Is that a big lump? Or rather muscle definition showing itself?
    2. No room in refrigerator: Vegetables and four kinds of lettuce etc. take up lots and lots of room.
    3. Ecologically irresponsible: run dishwasher more often as all meals cooked from scratch, all food weighed in various dishes.
    4. Not so much fun to eat out: appetizer + main course + dessert won't fit anymore

Plus, cold all the time, knees knock in bed, and so many other things so well mentioned!
  • feedmedonuts
    feedmedonuts Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I lost my gallbladder after losing too much weight too fast....at 17 years old (I'm now almost 27). I should have taken the appropriate precautions to lose it at a steadier pace! Now I am at 150lbs, still 30lbs smaller than my heaviest and would like to lose 15-20lbs, BUT I know better now and I am not in any rush! Eat good , stay active nature will handle the rest :)!

Also, seems to be a trending item...severe sensitivity to cold. Now that I'm in Florida I guess it's not an issue as much
  • Rashmi_mishra
    Rashmi_mishra Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Bump - this is too good!
  • laurelmilly
    laurelmilly Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Last July I gave away all my skinny pants, just knowing that I'd never fit a 30 waist ever again, 5 pairs of perfectly good jeans. Found MFP and just (April 4th 2014) pulled off 4 pairs of perfectly good fat jeans over my hips completely buttoned and zipped up, thinking I will never need a 34 waist pant again. That's 9 pairs of pants. Waist at 29 inches. Why oh why did I give my skinny pants away.

Shopping at the Good Will for smaller clothes on the cheap, since the sizes keep dropping off.

Anticipating the pain of Swim suit shopping!
  • NessaR2011
    NessaR2011 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Since most of mine were already covered, I'll add the one that wasn't-
    My body doesn't clap as much for me during vigorous exercise and movement. I'm now considering hiring someone to clap for me during these activities since I don't feel as encouraged from my body. Accepting applicants now.
  • Donna___
    Donna___ Posts: 12
    Options
    Bump
  • JulieE1002
    JulieE1002 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Since most of mine were already covered, I'll add the one that wasn't-
    My body doesn't clap as much for me during vigorous exercise and movement. I'm now considering hiring someone to clap for me during these activities since I don't feel as encouraged from my body. Accepting applicants now.

HILARIOUS! Me too! Jumping jacks have become silent.
  • LuvonLuv
    LuvonLuv Posts: 68
    Options
    I love this thread...you guys are hilarious!

- I now pad up my boobs cause they're almost non-existent
    - I had sooo many undies and don't want to buy more, that I still wear them and they look like bloomers
    - If people learn my age now, they act sooooo shocked, cause when you lose alot of weight, I suppose you tend to look younger...I must admit that I now feel a little embarrassed to let people know my age.
    - People seem to be monitoring what and how much I eat, for me...annoying
    - At times people do not recognize me...lol
    - My forearms didn't lose weight with the rest of my body...still working hard on that...sigh!
  • Neonbeige
    Neonbeige Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    1. The Girl Scouts in my neighborhood are now unable to sell enough boxes of cookies to go to summer camp for free.
    2. Children at the beach no longer feel heroic trying to save a whale by pushing me back into the ocean.
    3. Restaurant patrons must now find something else to talk about instead of that obese lady eating nachos.
    4. My husband is tired all the time because he's kept up way more often now.
    5. My friends are trying to figure out which one of them will now be considered the "fat" one of the group.
    6. When I miss my mouth the food now falls to my lap instead of into my bra. Therefore, ending the game, "rummage through my cleavage".
    7. Hundreds of Coca Cola workers have been laid off from reduced sales of their product.
    8. Planet Fitness is spending much more for my time there in electricity than my $10 a month will pay for.
    9. My students can no longer use the excuse, "I didn't do the assignment because I couldn't see the white board".
    10. Lastly, the poor ice cream man has been driving down my street every hour because he misses me.

Harhar, great! :-D
  • funnybun1
    funnybun1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Ok ok...I have to post. The worst thing that has happened to me since I started losing weight...

Last summer I walked every day on my lunch hour. I noticed that some of my clothing was getting lose - rockin!!! I put on this one shirt and thought....holy crow it's lose and laughed at myself. Was feeling pretty awesome. Went for my walk that day. Freaking windy like no body's business. I walk from my work....and end up walking through the center of downtown - and the most busy intersection in the entire city. Then guess what happens......WOOSH goes the wind and blows my cap off my head....Ack I think to myself....I don't want to lose my cap!. So I turn around and bend down to grab it. WOOOOSH goes the f'n wind again and blows my shirt up and over my head. WOOOOOOSSSH the f'n wind keeps going and makes it near impossible to wrestle my loose shirt back to where I think its supposed to be. I probably flashed 4 entire buildings (the giant office towers in our city) my sports bra and belly and the full intersection of motorists that were nearby.

The one plus of my experience, I now no longer care what ANYONE thinks of me when I'm out exercising. :happy:
  • serendipity22
    serendipity22 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I've lost 32 pounds in total. I went from 215 to 183.

1. My clothes are all too big for me.
    2. I had to go down size when I recently bought a bra. That was a place I didn't want to lose weight.
    3. Suddenly, my hair doesn't look good enough to go with my new body so I'm going to get it cut and colored next week.
    4. I'm really shy and people are noticing me more and talking to me. I was kind of invisible when I weighed more.
    5. I seem to be attracting more attention from guys.
    6. There are so many exercises and sports that I want to try, I don't know where to begin.
    7. I still don't see the weight loss when I look in the mirror.
    8. There are so many cute spring dresses to buy but only so much money in my wallet.

I'm trying to lose another 20 to 40 pounds before Christmas. It feels like I can really do it.
  • bigldesigns
    bigldesigns Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I just had to install a foam underlay on my bed because there is now so much less padding between my bones and my cheap mattress that it was hurting me!

If this does help I might actually have to buy a new mattress :(
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!