Bad things that have happened since I starting losing weight

Options

Replies

• Midori_i
    Midori_i Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I think I already posted in this thread somewhere, but can I just emphasize. . . I am COLD all the time! I used to be too hot most of the time and now I'm in winter clothes, even a fleece vest, constantly!

I'm surprised that so many people are colder now that they are thinner. For me the exact opposite happened.

I have so much more muscle now (yet a lot less fat) and I'm much more comfortable. I used to be the one with the extra jacket, the long underwear, who didn't want to open the window when it's cold outside. Now I love cold weather and don't need hot water bottles any more to warm me at night.

Maybe you guys would feel better if you focused more on strength training and a little less on cardio?
  • jeanstudies
    jeanstudies Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    12. Carrying around a bottle of water all the time is such a burden, especially when you have to keep one hand free to pull up your unders.

HAHA Dizzow, thanks! I hope to have the same problems myself soon....:laugh:
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    The cute/super tight jeggings I bought a few months ago are too baggy now and just look like regular jeans :sad:
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Replaced my jeans that were worn in.
    My feet of all things shrank to a funky half-size that is hard to find (10 1/2).
    I had to buy new underwear.
    I am slowly but surely getting through all the extra food in my pantry. I have to remind myself not to buy what I normally buy because we still have some!
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Poster said:

"I have bruises on my shins from deadlifting... Bruises on my knees and hips from hula hooping... Bruises on my arms and neck from Krav Maga... I'm just waiting for the day when somebody refers me to a domestic violence shelter. "

It CAN happen!

I had a bit of shiner, a tiny bruise on the outter edge of my eye, not a total raccoon, as I had turned my head at the last second during a full contact sparring session. This lady at the store was giving my poor, sweet, and long suffering DH the stink eye! She thought he gave me the shiner! LOL! Did I mention recently that man is a saint. The stuff he puts up with!
  • atfirstblush
    atfirstblush Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    1. I have to wear a belt on my jeans ... I hate belts
    2. My waist is no longer the same size as my hips, it's smaller
    3. Everyone thinks I changed my hair, go figure.
    4. I don' have to buy new clothes, I can wear my old ones.
    5. My boss complimented my clothes today, kind of creeped me out.
    6. My husband started losing weight because of me.
  • mlanders22
    mlanders22 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    1. My kiddo finds my somewhat protruding collarbones entertaining and likes to pinch them. Ouch.
    2. I feel awkward in my newly shaped body and find myself more clumsy than ever.
    3. Visible wrinkles in my formerly plump and round face.
    4. When shopping I always grab my old sizes, take them to the dressing room, realize what I'm doing, and confuse the dressing room attendants.
  • tcbs99
    tcbs99 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    All of these sound like some good negative stuff to me, except the getting sick stuff. I have clothes waiting on me in my closet, so I am not worried about the needing smaller clothes part. Bring it on!
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    People sit next to me on the train :(
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    *My work clothes are way too baggy,I've had to spend extra money to buy new ones.
    *My work pants I bought a few months ago are now too big and I need to spend even more money to have them altered.
    *People say I'm withering away...what? I feel great!
    *Now it's hot and I need new shorts because I only have one pair that fit and they are even getting a little big.
    *My boobs shrunk and my butt is a little too flat... IMO...lol
    *My engagement ring slides around and I'm constantly checking to see if it's still there.
    *I have some blisters on my hands from lifting weights....I need to buy some workout gloves.
    *I'm spending too much money!
    *I make up excuses not to go out or make plans most evenings because I have to get my exercise in after work before it gets too late.
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I have to share my couch.
    I now do the cooking
    The dishwasher appears to be on all the time
    My feet are cold
  • Chuchiiee
    Chuchiiee Posts: 43
    Options
    -Shopping. (I can't trust my current size anymore. I'm not done losing and I know the clothes I buy now won't fit. Or I buy a size smaller and wait for it to fit. I also have no clue what size jeans I wear. Seems like the smaller you become, the more variable the sizes become. I can wear a small but hmmm maybe I'll go medium or orrr do I want the baggy look and go large? So many choices! Shopping becomes less fun the more stuff I have to try on. I used to loveeee shopping especially when I found that one pair of jeans that would fit. It was like my one little rare gem. Now everything fits... I'm much too indecisive for that. )

-All of my clothes are too big for me. (On a budget so I have to make it work)

-I bought a pair of jeans from hollister a week ago as a treat and its feeling much looser already

-I get mild anxiety when I don't work out..even on rest days I have to tell myself to chill.

-People only want to talk to me about weight loss or how big they they think they are or how much I'm wasting away. Sometimes I just want normal conversations.. not what I eat daily, how long I exercise, how bad/good I look, or how big you think you are. >_>

-Everything on my body is a bit bony except for my tummy.

-No more boobs. My D cups are well... extinct cups.

-I found I've become more vain about my appearance. I only saw my tummy as a trouble spot. Now it's my back, my upper arms, my tummy, oh and if I could shrink my thighs a bit....

-Eating out scares me but I eat out much more frequently because I don't want people to think I'm suffering from anorexia... but then I tend to end up having salads with no dressing and that's no fun.

-I hate cooking but I find I cook more often.
  • tildastwistedlife
    tildastwistedlife Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My good capris that fit no longer do, I have to roll the waistband down so they pull up a bit and the booty doesn't sag.
    And of all things, my underwear feels too big! I remember having to go up a size for it and it upset me so badly because you can stay in the same size underwear for a long time. Admitting I had to go up a size for it was like admitting how fat I was. Now I can enjoy the reverse effect!
  • MdmeYellalot
    MdmeYellalot Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I wear a bobble hat every day from Oct to May (am cold all the time). My nickname is BobblehatJulia

The man in the pizza takeaway doesnt send me a christmas card any more

I spend a mint on new clothes cos I like them, not cos they just fit
  • sheripamela
    sheripamela Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My panties fell off when I was walking
  • gcbma
    gcbma Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    * I'm cold when I used to be so hot!
    * I get almost daily comments on how my clothes/scrubs are falling off me. I don't want to put money into it when I plan on shrinking out of my current size too!
    * I get irrationally annoyed with other's conversations on how "healthy" their diet is. Riiiight.
    * I had my wedding rings resized for fear they would come off at work.
    * When working out, my t-shirts are now IN THE DANG WAY!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    1. It's so hard to shave my armpits now.
    2. I had someone grab my arm the other week & tell me to eat a cheeseburger.
    3. Clothing can be so expensive!
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I need to buy new shorts. The ones I bought last summer when I was around 175lbs are way too big.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    1. I no longer float in the bath tub.
    2. When I play guitar it now hangs from the strap instead of sitting on my belly.

2. that's so funny. does it affect your playing?
  • MrsJennaKwasniewski
    MrsJennaKwasniewski Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I am even more cold than I used to be and I am starting to develop the saggy skin that is not attractive!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!