Replies

• sdpursley
    sdpursley Posts: 63
    Options
    bump
  • fastmar19
    fastmar19 Posts: 1
    Options
    oh my you look stunning I hope I can do as well not that I will ever be in a bikini. I am a little to old for that just feeling good about myself is all worth it.
    :flowerforyou:
  • hayles333
    hayles333 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Wow. Just wow. I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes. Such an awesome story and an amazing transformation (body and mind). I'm still a work-in-progress...I can only hope that I have results like yours by the time my baby is one (she's 7.5 months old now)! You're an inspiration -- thanks for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • FitMrsR
    FitMrsR Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You look perfect :flowerforyou: great job!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Incredible transformation!!
  • seanezekiel
    seanezekiel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You are amazing and deserve only the best.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Wow, great work! You look absolutely amazing! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • KirstenMarie18
    KirstenMarie18 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    WOW just WOW!!!
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hey, You are a beautifull girl. You have a beautifull baby, and you are free. You get no stars for self pity. You have a lot to go on, just feel great about yourself. Be glad you got rid of that jerk and start over. It's not all that bad. I didn't readyour whole story, but I saw enough of you .
    Hopefully you have a job. Just make sure that all of the choices you make from now on are good ones. If it doesn't feel right, don't do it. And if the next guy isn'r perfect, dump him before you start.
    You are not alone now, you have the baby and that gives you incentive to do good in everything you do.

You will have a lot of encouragement here on MFP. Add me to your friend list if you will and I will help you !!

Basil
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the support! MFP has been the catalyst to get me here- the friends who have pushed and encouraged me kept me standing when I didn't think I could.

As far as training- I lift heavy and eat at a deficit. I focus all of my workouts on compound exercises like squats, deadlifts, chest press, lunges.. and lately I've been working out 3-4 days per week. I predominantly avoided cardio like the plague, but in the interest of health and performance (I'm signed up for a 5k, a triathlon, a Tough Mudder, and a Half Marathon in the next 6 months) I have been *trying* to learn to love it and run about 10-12 miles per week.
  • marinatan1982
    marinatan1982 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Oh. My. God.
    You are such an inspiration, thank you!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Holy sheeeeeeeet! You look fantastic! Ow Ow!
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Today was a major milestone for me.

I haven't been to a pool (or beach/etc) in a few years. I have NEVER been comfortable in a bikini- regardless of how I looked. I have always had the feeling that I must sit this way or sit that way, stand that way or face that direction because there was something to hide.

And then I got pregnant. And then I got FAT. I ate indiscriminately, I did not exercise.. and by the time I gave birth I had gained something like 80 lbs and delivered at 238 lbs. The baby was 7 of those pounds. I knew I had screwed up. That was the end of May 2012.

I split with my fiancé (my child's father) and life was... well.. bad. I was a single mom, with little support and no family nearby. I had been in a bad relationship for the last 4 years, was fat, and had zero confidence. I was lonely, scared, insecure, and I ate my feelings. In September of 2012, I was still 212 lbs. Breastfeeding hadn't exactly "melted off all the weight" like I expected. I began watching my intake and dropped a few lbs. I started logging on September 15th and I started lifting weights on September 30th, 2012. That was when it started.

I felt powerful. I felt good in my skin, even if my skin didn't look so good. And my body changed. I wanted it to continue- so I made myself a deal: I would go from baby to bikini in a year.

Since then, my body has done things that I never knew was possible. Sometimes I ate really well, sometimes I didn't. For the most part I ate at a deficit, but I took several month long breaks and a few weeks here and there.

Today, I am 11 1/2 months post-baby. Today, I put on a bikini... I walked across my apartment complex, and I went to the pool. I had tears welling up in my eyes on that long walk- from nerves and fear. But I walked in and for the first time in my life, I felt good in that bikini. With my stretch marks, with my bits of flub and extra skin- I was confident and proud of my marred body. That's what this has done for me- it's not the weight, or the fat, or even the bikini.... it's the FEELING.

Now for all the pictures....

Where I was when I started lifting weights:

2012-09-13_14-50-43_300.jpg[/URL]

2012-09-13_14-51-07_367.jpg[/URL]

And today, in a bikini. :-)

IMG_20130518_093110_812-1_zpsd513dc1b.jpg[/URL]

IMG_20130518_083513_644-1_zps66fcdb68.jpg[/URL]

beautiful. Inspiring story
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    You look great! Enjoy the feeling!!!!
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    D@mn, great story!
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    You look awesome...can I ask how old you are? I am 32 and my baby will be three this year. I'm stuck around 140, and I feel like part of the problem is my metabolism and skin are not nearly as resilient as they would have been had I had my baby at 20 instead of twenty-nine! I don't know if I'll ever see abs like that again without surgery. :(
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Holy hell.
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Holy ****! Can I be your new man.
  • Predsfan2013
    Predsfan2013 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Congrats. Cute bikini
  • GFielding_56
    GFielding_56 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Excellent results well done. You are an inspiration to everyone
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!