Fit & Fun Sized Group ~ June '10

Options

Replies

• melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Question for all of you shorties (I may have asked this before): anyone know of a good place to buy a good sports bra? ... I'm doing a Conservative C25K... going to start running in a few weeks and I can't do it without a good bra!
    Melody - I see those sizes in our local Wal-Marts and Targets. Another idea is to look for them on line. Do a search for 'sports bra DDD' & 'your city'. Also, you may be able to order online and have it shipped to a local store for you. When are you starting c25k? DD still is under doctor's orders not to start running again yet. She is up to walking 2 miles a day, so once she can run we will all start training for a 5k race.

JAM

Thanks, guess I need to check Target, etc. out again. I gave up on them several years ago when I couldn't ever find anything. I did find a specialty shop nearby so if I don't have luck at Target, etc. I may go there next week and see if they have any advice. The ones I've tried on so far have not been helpful at all!

I am doing a very conservative C25K right now (this one: http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/cms/article-detail.asp?articleid=27) It starts out with walking, then increases running 2 minutes/week, so it takes considerably longer than the 9 week C25K. I just figured I have so much to lose that it is easier to go gradually. I've been doing it a couple of weeks and the first running is in a couple of weeks.

Great job getting your exercise in this morning! I'm about to get off of the computer and do some Wii strength training... then get out for a quick walk right before sundown tonight. It is way too hot to exercise anytime earlier than that. I need to start getting up early in the mornings too!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning and happy Monday to all! Today is week 9 day 1 of the P90X program so it was a chest and back day. It's amazing what you begin to appreciate after a little break. Since I really hated the push ups done in the chest, shoulders and triceps workout it made me really appreciate the ones completed in the chest and back workout. I really rocked out this workout today and I'm very proud of myself. My plan is to do ab ripper this afternoon b/c just don't have the time in the morning unless I get up before 5 am and I have no plan to do that.
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    Weigh-in went well today..Down from 142.2 to 141.8. I tried to compensate for eating too much on the weekend by eating less the other days. I guess it worked, but I know it's not the right way to do it. Still trying to find a balance.
    Choco- I agree with NO REGRETS!! I don't want to look back at the summer (or my life in general, since it seems to be flying by) and say oh man, I was there, dropping pounds and I just gave up!!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    JZ - Congratz on the scale going down. Every little bit counts.

I did the GutNBut this morning and 1 hour on the stationary bike this afternoon. So, I have plenty of calories left over. We have a wedding this Saturday, so I'm trying to save up calories for it.

Choco - You amaze me at how much you exercise. I admire you.

Melody - Did you have a chance to find a new bra yet? I think that is the hardest thing in the world to buy these days.

JAM
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: It's starting to look like summer here----temps in the 60's and sunshine......DH left early to get the car serviced so I did a different yoga routine and then since I was already on the ground, did 20 minutes of "Gut 'N' Butt" exercises mixed with some pilates....the dogs lay on the couch and watched patiently. Later I rode the exercise bike, DH and I took a walk for an hour and finally after dinner I took the dogs to the dog park....lots of calories that earned me some crunch peanut butter :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: jzbaby I'm glad to see the scale going down......every little bit adds up.....just as long as it's going in the right direction....

:flowerforyou: melody, I admire your running....that's something I couldn't do even when i was a lot younger

early to bed and early to rise and we'll have time for yoga in the morning before DH goes to the golf course and I got to line dance :bigsmile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning and happy HUMP DAY! Well today is the deadline to have our work assignment completed and we're on track to get it done but in order to ensure it we will be working late. I have to go and get started therefore this will be a short post and I apologize in advance for not responding to other's posts. I hope to be able to read over everything later.

Today is week 9 day 3 of the P90X program and it's shoulders and arms. I hadn't completed this workout in a couple of weeks so I had forgotten all the moves but my upper body sure did feel it.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: hubby and I have done yoga every day for a few weeks (since sometime in May).....we usually do it first thing in the morning before breakfast.......on a couple of days when one of us had a really early appointment we've either done it separately or together later in the day........the results aren't as immediate and obvious as more strenuous exercise but the toning, strength, and mental focus benefits are clear...I was a slow starter with yoga but now have become a believer......BTW, daily yoga had been my goal every month for over a year and I finally got there this month......so I'm glad I decided to never, never, never give up :bigsmile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I am happy to announce that the work assignment is now complete and the deadline was met. It required me staying up until almost midnight but nonetheless it is done:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Since work assignment is complete it means my unit and I are able to work from home for the next couple of weeks (except to attend a meeting here and there)....YIPPEE, YIPPEE, YIPPEE, YIPPEE! Working from home allows me so much more flexibility regarding sleep and workouts. For example, if we needed to report to the office today I would have needed to be up by 5 am in order to complete the workout, eat breakfast, shower and commute to work and I didn't get to bed until after midnight so I would have been operating on very little sleep. Since we're working from home I was able to sleep til 7 am, complete workout, eat breakfast, shower and be ready for work by 8:30 am.....can you tell i'm excited about working from home for the next couple of weeks.....LOL.

Enough about my work schedule.

Today is week 9 day 4 of the P90X program which means it's a Yoga day. As everyone knows I don't like yoga and usually switch it out for another dvd BUT today I decided to give yoga a shot. I knew I would not last for 90 minutes so I opted for Denise Austin's Yoga Body Burn dvd. What I liked most about this workout is that it's 3 separate workouts that are 20 minutes, 10 minutes and 10 minutes so you decide how much you want to do on any given day. I completed all three today and it was not as bad as I expected. I'm still not a fan of Yoga but if I do decide to take a stab at it again I will do this workout.

Barbie: As you are aware from all my previous posts I haven't grown to like yoga yet but hoping I can get to your place soon since I continually read about the benefits of doing such a program. For now, I'm going to see if I can commit to once a week and see where that brings me. Keep up the great work and I'm glad you never gave up.
  • jam0525
    Options
    Our Yoga instructor has not shown up for class in two weeks now. I am so depressed over it. The lady that did Flow Yoga quit and her replacement came the week I was on vacation and has not been back since. I will go back to doing Yoga on my own with my Wii Fit Plus.

DD can start running now, so finally we are going to start training for a 5 K. Her program will take at least 3 months to get there, but it will take me longer than that anyway. Once we get to running with no walking we will start looking for a charity run.

Talk about taking a long time to reach a goal, our family 5K charity race may still be a year away. ha, ha

GutNBut - finally I am doing all four of the exercises. I think abdominal curls/crunches are a form of torture and should be against the law. Can any of you guess which was the last exercise I added?

Have a great day all,

JAM
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Choco, I hear what you're saying about yoga.......I spent more than a year wanting to want to do yoga......my hubby meditated every day and talked about wanting to do yoga and it looked to me like a huge waste of time.....I want to do stuff with noise and action.....for months i read posts from people on another thread about how much they loved yoga and I kept wanting to want to do it too.....I went to a yoga class (90 minutes long) and it seemed endless....then I found Rodney Yee on DVD and really liked him (someone called him "eye candy")....even then I had a thousand reasons for not getting around to doing it.....I made it one of my goals for the month and at the end of the month I had to report that I had failed miserably. the workout we're doing is only 20 minutes long and we do it first thing in the morning....I use it as a time to quiet my mind and not be thinking about anything except what my body is doing....nobody is any more surprised than I am that I'm enjoying yoga.

:flowerforyou: JAM, your workouts sound wonderfully diversified....good luck to you and your daughter on your running.....sorry about your yoga instructor......I'd hate it if my dance instructor didn't show up.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! Today is week 9 day 5 of the P90X program which means it's a "legs and back" day. I really like this workout and between this and the Plyometrics dvd I can really see definition in my quads and beginning to see some in my inner thighs. I can only imagine the type of results I would receive if my eating would be cleaner. Overall the eating is good but I know it's not as clean as it should especially b/c I have a horrible sweet tooth that's not always easy to overlook. I'm a work in progress and this is a lifestyle change so I'm sure I'll get better over time.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Today for our date, hubby and I went to the golf course and he played nine holes and I walked along (about 6000 steps) then we went to the farmers market and walked a bit then had sandwiches for lunch at a little outside shop owned by a friend. I never buy bread so having a sandwich is a rare and delightful treat. :bigsmile: we did yoga before golf and I'll go to the dog park later and probably ride the exercise bike for awhile.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! This will be a quick post b/c I have to begin getting dress for a surprise birthday party I'm attending later. Since I'm responsible for helping the dj get set up I have to arrive an hour and a half before the rest of the guests which doesn't leave me much time.

Today is week 9 day 6 of the P90X program and I was able to squeeze in the Cardio X dvd b/c I just didn't have enough time to do the scheduled Kenpo X workout. In addition to this workout I helped my girlfriend clean and decorate the venue for this evening's surprise party. The cleaning and decorating took about 3 hours and my body is really sore.

Barbie: Glad you enjoyed your date out w/the hubby. So good that you all can be active together.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Surprise party was a HUGE success. Her hubby had absolutely no idea about the party and the look on his face when we yelled surprise was PRICELESS! He's not from GA so his family from his hometown were able to drive in for the event and it everyone had a blast. I am more sore this morning than I was yesterday after cleaning and decorating. In addition to being a guest she asked myself and few others to assist serving food and drinks as well as to stay after to clean. So I spent a total of 6 1/2 hours in 4 inch heels (stilletto). Overall the shoes were very comfortable but after standing and dancing (definitely got the groove on) in them for so long my calves and feet began to ache.

Today will be a stretching day so I can be prepared for week 10 of P90X.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Choco, I'm glad the surprise party was a great success and a surprise:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I had forgotten about wearing heels as a great calf workout.....I stopped wearing heels years ago after my mom had a fall and broke her hip while wearing heels (actually there were other reasons, too) but I remember that I had great calves when I wore heels to work every day.

:flowerforyou: Today is cleanse day so it won't be a big calorie burner.....we slept late and did yoga together then watched another workout from the same DVD to see the poses so we can start doing it tomorrow......it looks like the sun is coming out so we can do some stuff in the yard:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning and Happy Monday! This will be a short work week for me b/c we celebrate Independence Day on Friday and I'm heading to PA to hang out w/my auntie on Thursday. The packing is just about completed for this trip but I do need to hit the mall today in order to purchase a pair of silver stilettos b/c we are going on an All White Harbor Cruise this Saturday and I need some sandals. I don't like how white shoes/sandals look so silver is going to have to do. These sandals are super sexy. They are strappy w/a 4 1/2 inch heel. I will have a back up pair of shoes too b/c I'm sure I wont want to stand/dance in them for 5 hours. I would have purchased them yesterday when i went to the mall but how about I tried them on, loved them and headed to the counter to pay only to realize I forgot my wallet at home :embarassed: :huh: :embarassed: I had forgotten to switch wallets from Saturday night so I had no id, insurance card, debit or credit card and NO CASH.

Today is week 10 (I can't believe I've stayed w/the program and only have 2 more weeks left, excluding recovery week) day 1 of the P90X program which means it was a chest, shoulders and tricep day. I absolutely HATE the push ups in the routine. I still can't complete the one hand push ups, I'm still struggling with the clap and one arm balance push ups. I'm so happy to know that I only have to complete this routine one more time and that's in week 12.

Barbie: Hope you enjoyed your yoga workout.
  • jam0525
    Options
    Choco - It sounds like you love living where you do and you do a lot of really fun sounding things.

Barbie- Enjoy you cleanse day.

I am still recovering from the spinning class on Saturday and hiking yesterday. I fell asleep watching TV last night pretty early.
    Both DD and I had to buy a real sports bra this week before we go spinning again.

We are having problems with bears again. Actually, we are having problems with stupid people who attract bears into neighborhoods and then the bears suffer. So this makes it harder for us to walk or run outside in nice weather.

Have a great day all,

Jeannie
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Well this past weekend was a busy one...A Baby Shower, my 9 year Anniversary & my brother's graduation party..and you know what that equals...TONS OF FOOD!! :noway: I didn't do too horrible, but i'm sure I went over my calories on both days. And now we have all these left-over's from the party that are staring at me everytime I open the fridge! Including about 1/2 a huge sheet cake (w/ buttercream frosting...one of my weaknesses!!!:ohwell: :huh: I am doing my best to stay away!! I am a little (ok more than a lil) nervous to weigh-in tomorrow!! :embarassed:

Choco- You will be coming to my state. :happy: Which part of PA will you be in? I am in the Philly suburb area. Have fun on your trip!!!
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    142.0 ~ well i thought it would be worse so that is good, but no loss this week
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Although I am working from home this week we are under another deadline so I've been working very long hours and which has made getting up in the morning to exercise one difficult task. Today I procrastinated so long I couldn't complete the scheduled P90X workout but still did work up a great sweat.

Today is week 10 day 2 of the P90X program which means it's all about Plyometrics. As I just stated I couldn't complete the scheduled workout b/c it's just too long and I had to get busy with the work assignment so I substituted the workout w/the Insanity Plyometrics Cardio Circuit workout. Boy did I forget how that program really kicks your butt. The level 1 drills, ski abs and in and out abs are pure torture at such a crazy pace.