Options

Replies

• WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    1 rep max
    Back squat 200 pounds
    Front squat 165 pounds

Never tested max for overhead squat, but the most I've done for reps is 115 pounds.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    150 ATG for reps, and my thighs are getting smaller. The only way yours are going to get bigger is if you are over-eating.

^^ That was my first post in this thread back in May of last year. Started working with my lifting coach in June. I haven't max tested since December (1RM was 237.5 lbs/108 kg) then, but if I had to guess, based on my 5/3/1 progressions, my 1RM is 255-260 now. It's funny where one happens upon progress.
  • doowop713
    doowop713 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Squatting, I guess I'm a beginner or just can't start super heavy due to iffy knees.... but I am squatting 50lbs on a 13lb bar with no rack (home basement gym). I am working on moving up, though. I started out at 20+ the bar. I'd love to get to where some of you awesome ladies are at!
    I <3 squats. Cracked 100lbs last week. I hope to go WELL beyond that in the coming months.

Am I the only person who finds it weird that some people AREN'T using the squat rack? 0_o

Unfortunately, We don't have enough room in our basement for a squat rack and I do not belong to a gym (don't want to either). My SO made me a vertical "rack" to hold the barbell when not in use and for a safety measure if he isn't downstairs for me to drop the bar into, but a full rack is kinda big and expensive as well. We may invest in one if we reconfigure the basement, but I'm not lifting heavy enough to where I need it right now, apparently.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Just to put this out there.

Typically when someone gives a weight- it's the bar + the weight.

So everyone saying 150 or 205 or 250 whatever that is the weight included in the bar- you squat it- so it counts- never NOT count the bar!!!
  • liftreadphilosophize
    liftreadphilosophize Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I do RFESS (Rear Foot Elevated Split Squats - essentially, a one-legged squat) at 95 pounds. You do not need to worry about getting "bigger" by lifting heavier.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I do RFESS (Rear Foot Elevated Split Squats - essentially, a one-legged squat) at 95 pounds. You do not need to worry about getting "bigger" by lifting heavier.

bulgarian split squat?
  • in4nomz
    in4nomz Posts: 230
    Options
    ...before I took an arrow to the knee.

:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • CardiC333
    CardiC333 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!! I currently squat 170 and move up by 5 almost every leg workout. But I don't want to be jaaaaacckkkedd.
    I'm going to lift heavier but does anyone know what is way too much? I want awesome strong legs but not like HeWoman legs you know?
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!! I currently squat 170 and move up by 5 almost every leg workout. But I don't want to be jaaaaacckkkedd.
    I'm going to lift heavier but does anyone know what is way too much? I want awesome strong legs but not like HeWoman legs you know?
    a2918576_notsureifserious.gif
  • moonstoneme96
    moonstoneme96 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    is that 25 on each side or 50 on each side?
  • Jess732008
    Jess732008 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm using 15s right now, but thinking about moving up to 20s. I'm concerned that if I go much heavier, it will make my thighs bigger instead of leaner. I'm not sure there's any science to that thinking, though...

I do 15 in each hand and I just started a month or so ago. I have done 100 lbs not including the bar but would not recommend that without a firm foundation of working out. I killed my back or butt, not sure which, I felt it pull or tear, doing squats incorrectly at that weight. I also learned that lighter weights can have a great effect when I saw a woman using relatively moderate weights with a nice muscular body. Moderation is good in this area for me.
  • paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I PR'd at 240 yesterday but it was way easy so I wish I would have went for more!

I don't worry about the quad size, infact, I LOVE it!
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    ...I'm at 150 for a PR now..
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    New PR at the weekend of 102.5kg (226lb) but my coach has me aiming for 112.5kg (238lb) at the moment.
  • Chaskavitch
    Chaskavitch Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm at 155 lbs for my last set (we do 12/10/8 with 115/135/155), but we've been working on our form and getting below parallel at the bottom of the squat. I think it is almost time to up the weights! So excited :) I love having quads.
  • msbeeblebrox
    msbeeblebrox Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I squat 160 lbs with a barbell. My thighs and butt look pretty fantastic.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    old thread is old.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    old thread is old.

Still fun to update with new PRs!
  • InevitableButterfly
    InevitableButterfly Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    as heavy as possible!
  • BetterKimmer
    BetterKimmer Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hit a PB of 185lbs for reps last week. My knees don't like it though. FYI, I originally lost 4 inches around my thighs over the last year, but gained 1/2 inch lately in the thighs, nothing to be concerned about though. I actually expect to be losing inches due to re-composition as I continue. LIFT HEAVY.