Girls - How heavy do you go for squats?

Options
1121314151618»

Replies

• tlwallis94
    Options
    60kg (132lbs) for 3 sets of 10 reps. Not sure what my max is though, I think I may need a spot partner for that :P
    lifting heavy will not make you bulky, it will make you lean.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Arggghh! I keep replying to old threads :ohwell:

New PR to report (and Scottish record): 120kg/264lb at 61kg/134.2lb.

Just started doing front squats on my new programme so nothing wildly exciting to report on those... give me a few months!

Amazing PR! You do realise your just making it hard for the rest of us though :grumble: I've been thinking about competing at some point but it's just getting harder to catch up - most I've managed is 70 kg. haha seriously though, well done!

My squats are freakish... my deadlifts less so. Helps having an amazing coach.

That said, plenty of women in competition squat less than 70kg!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    205 for back and 185 for front.
    IMO my legs have never looked better.
    I do stick to jeans with stretch- as the shape of my butt and my thighs does not match any conventional jeans.

I have to do the same thing these days! Jeans have to have a little bit of stretch in them or they just don't work for me.
  • cindy44445
    cindy44445 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I weigh 127 lbs. and I currently squat 200 lbs. 1 rep max.
  • TiisTitanium
    TiisTitanium Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I always love a good zombie thread.

Especially when you have been hanging around MFP a long time and you remember it in its first incarnation if it was a decent thread and then you have fun spotting all the people that were forum dominators for a while and then just evaporated.

P.S Well done Cindy.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    How did someone even manage to find this thread?
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    How did someone even manage to find this thread?

Time. Lots of extra time.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    i love old threads, especially when people who originally participated show back up with progress notes and pics.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I'm not really into the "grow your booty" or olympic style lifting, I just do goblet squats with a free weight, and right now am doing sets with 20, 25 and 30. My knees are already angry from a few years of skating, and my right hip too, I don't need to aggravate anything.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    My working sets are about 145-160 right now. My thighs are not "big and bulky". Yes, they are muscular, but not big. I also don't carry a lot of fat on my thighs.
  • susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    80 lbs, use the squat rack. I also do front squats using only the bar (45). My thighs are relatively thin, but hard.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    Did 3 reps ay 170# today.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    My working sets are between 160 for higher reps to 210 for lower reps. My old 1rm was 240. Not sure what it is now.
  • passenger79
    passenger79 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    100lb on Stronglifts 5x5 yesterday but hoping to keep increasing that.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I just did 185lbs (bw of 138) for a set of 6; set of 5+1; set of 4+2...had to break those 2 sets up.

Max is 205...I'm going for 215 in Feb comp.
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    You’ll be fine with heavier weights. I can squat 140 (I’m about 130lbs), though a nagging hip injury derailed further progress and I’m at about 95lbs and ready to work my way back up. Bf injuries I could do an 85lb step up, so being so light on squats now is just mentally painful.

I’m a size 2, btw, so clearly the weights are not giving me thunder thighs. My thighs were way bigger when I was 135 and didn’t lift at all.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    BS 1 RM 225
    FS 1 RM 175