Lose 5 Pounds a Month- June 2010 Challenge

Options

Replies

• Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Terri-
    I agree that your new approach will benefit your workouts. Best of luck, I know it is hard to slow down.

5cats-
    Great idea about buying goal jeans at Goodwill. And yay for clothes shopping being fun again!

Phyljen-
    "I care about me" says it all! Good for you. Can you offer to give your mom a "night off" once a week to cook a healthy meal for everyone? And I know a 59 year old mamma that is hot already....YOU! :happy: Your pictures prove how hard you have been working, you look great.

Amanda-
    You can make the 5 lbs! But what is Playa del Carmen, can I ask?

Robin-
    Chin up, the scale will move!

rosbod & bitabee-
    Welcome to our group!

I am going to a BBQ tomorrow night and I am feeling so scared that I will slip up. My mom is having her boyfriend, her boyfriends daughter and her 3 teenage kids (who have come to visit him for the summer) come over to meet me, my kids, my brother, and his wife. I know that in the past when I have had an event like this I tend to fall off track. Even when I try to be good I have this all or nothing way of thinking that sends me off track for a few days to a week. I need to learn to let myself have a day but then get back to eating healthy the next day. My mom loves my bean dip and asked that I bring that, but I am not going to bring chips but veggies for dipping instead. (my brother will be mad about this but IDC :devil:) She is making BBQ ribs, my fav, and I am feeling crazy thinking about it all. I am running out of time to lose weight before my sister's wedding but all these things keep "getting in my way" to lose. I know that one day wont kill me, but I know myself and in the past, like I said, I tend to fall with just a small bump in the road. How can I change me head so that I can change my weight? :frown:
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    Playa is in Mexico, near Cancun! Good luck with the BBQ. When I fall off track, I usually stay off for too long as well so I have no idea how to help you!
  • shawnae2
    shawnae2 Posts: 105
    Options
    Jumped on the scale this morning...just to check he he. I was down 2lbs. Yipeee!! That makes a total of 6lbs for this month. Just hope the scale does not go back up tomorrow. I am going to be careful what I eat today!!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Playa is in Mexico, near Cancun! Good luck with the BBQ. When I fall off track, I usually stay off for too long as well so I have no idea how to help you!

Oh yay, well I hope you have fun!
  • fivefatcats
    fivefatcats Posts: 368
    Options
    Hey girls! Need help!

My DH and I are planning a 3-4 day mini vacation in August - where should we go??

Just wanna fly in - hang out & be lazy or sight-see and fly out. Thinking coastal but open to suggestions!

Traci
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    \HI PALS:
    Thanks all the "welcomes" to America replys. and Jenn. Good suggestion to have me cook and give mom a night off. She is really prett good about cookkig healthy and she can see that I am serious about eating good food so I am sure we will be fne. She always has tons of fresh veggies and fruits around.
    And she loves me to help in the kitchen.

Randi, No I didn't fly into Boise, I live closer to the SLC Utah airport so that is where I always fly to. Then it is a 2 hours dive up to my house from there.

I went shopping today and the size 8 pants fit!!! Some were even a little baggy in the butt!!! I kept trying on more and more pairs just to be sure and I couldn't believe it. So I bought a pair or .... get this......WHITE SIZE 8 pants. I don't ever remember wearing a size 8!! I think in my life I skipped right over the 8's and into the 14's for most of my adult life. I even wore 16's in college. It feels good to wear LITTLE pants. I am only about 5 foot 1 so you can just imagine how square or round I was looking for years. I LOVE MFP and all you pals!!!
    Phyljen
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    Hey girls! Need help!

My DH and I are planning a 3-4 day mini vacation in August - where should we go??

Just wanna fly in - hang out & be lazy or sight-see and fly out. Thinking coastal but open to suggestions!

Traci

I have always been a big fan of Mexican all-inclusive resorts (which is why I am going to Playa!) for some relaxation. I try to take a trip every year. All food and drinks are included in the price, and the beaches are beautiful. It's not for everybody but it's perfect for somebody like me who wants to lay on the beach and read all day, everyday.
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Wow so many people to comment on, so I'll just blurb it! Congrats to those on your new smaller sizes, that is awesome! Those of you that the scale isn't moving yet, don't get down on yourself about it - stay at it & you will succeed. Phyljen welcome back to the US! Glad you got to enjoy the "cooler" weather & the smell of that farm fresh air! :laugh:

For trip suggestions....go to San Fran & go up to Napa Valley! :drinker: Or you could go to the Florida Keys. I stayed at a really cute bungalow in Key West a few years ago. If you need info on it let me know. Or you could take a cruise somewhere! Those are always a blast & since all the food & entertainment is included.....:glasses:

Oh and Jen - glad you made it thru your illness! :flowerforyou:

Also...the bean dip & veggies sounds really yummy for the bbq! I agree, no need to bring the chips! :wink:

Happy Friday to all tomorrow! Kelly
  • abby1949
    abby1949 Posts: 32
    Options
    I;m In! I know I am starting at the end of June but I so want to do this!
    My starting weight is 190lbs
    :drinker:
  • abby1949
    Options
    I challenge you to lose 5 pounds a month until the end of the year or until you reach your goal weight. 8 months times 5 pounds means you could be 35 pounds lighter in time for Christmas. Are you up to the challenge? Then I challenge you to do this with me!

January 1 weight 185.6

May 1st weight 174

June 1st weight 174 (bad, bad, bad long weekend)
  • abby1949
    Options
    I challenge you to lose 5 pounds a month until the end of the year or until you reach your goal weight. 8 months times 5 pounds means you could be 35 pounds lighter in time for Christmas. Are you up to the challenge? Then I challenge you to do this with me!

January 1 weight 185.6

May 1st weight 174
    84144.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    June 1st weight 174 (bad, bad, bad long weekend)
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi Everyone, Well I finally got there :drinker: GOAL WEIGHT and I feel fantastic :love: I'm so so Happy :happy: can't believe it. Thanks go to you for all the fab inspiration encouragement and support you have given me throughout, I could not have done this without you and MFP :flowerforyou: :heart: :laugh:

Starting Weight with MFP on 1/12/10........164.5

Weight on 5/1/10............................................138

Weight on 5/7/10............................................136

Weight on 5/14/10..........................................134

Weight on 5/21/10..........................................132

Weight on 5/28/10..........................................131

Weight on 6/4/10............................................129

Weight on 6/11/10..........................................128

Weight on 6/18/10..........................................127.5

Weight on 6/25/10..........................................126 i'VE DONE IT ..... REACHED GOAL WEIGHT :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Goal Weight for end of June........................126

Final Goal Weight..........................................126

Now i'm going to carry on and try to lose a few more pounds to be on the safe side and have some to play with!!! so will still check-in with you all if thats ok!!!! Now the hard work begins...keeping it OFF.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    January 1 weight 185.6
    May 1 weight 174
    June 1st weight 175 (bad, bad, bad long weekend) I just changed that I realized I hit the wrong key
    June 4 weight 176.4 Must be retaining water I have had a great week eating
    June 11 weight 174.4 Almost back to May 1st weight. Need to keep working!
    June 18 weight 174
    June 25 weight 178 :sad:

Enough said!

Barty... Congratulations! So far this month I am moving away from my goals and not towards my goals!

Have a great day!

Terri
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    June 1: 232.8
    June 7: 231.8 (was 230.8, went up a pound this past weekend)
    June 14: ----277.4
    >mini goal of 228 for a date with my brothers, completed 6/11 :drinker:
    June 21: 225.6 (was up to 228.2 on the 18th, but it was due to lots of sodium) :noway: :grumble:
    June 28: 223.6 :happy: :noway: :blushing: :drinker:

Wow, I'd never imagine that I could ever lose 5lbs in general and I've lost 9.2lbs in just one month! 20lbs total!! I'm in complete shock! I still don't see much of a change in the mirror, but I'm hoping the next time I go to the store and try on clothes, I'll see it then. Wow! Just, wow!

To everyone who has lost something this month, congrats!! And to those who haven't seen a movement or even gone up (Hang in there Terri, I have faith in you that you will have a kick *kitten* July), maybe tweak your food or lower your sodium and drink plenty of water. I've stopped eating 1250 calories and started eating between 1500-1800 and because I'm eating back a little of my exercise (not all because I'm just not that hungry), I have seen a vast improvement.

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy weekend. I'm having my not-bbq this weekend. My aunts flaked out on me, so it's just my mom, little brothers, and hubby Nick. So, no grilling, but we will still have chicken, I'm still searching for different recipes. I will see you all here soon. XoxoxoX Bru
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    Way to go, Barty! You have done an excellent job! How'd you do it? Being near your starting weight, I would LOVE to lose that much in 6 months. Heck, I'd love to lose even half of that. Congratulations!! On to maintenance mode!

Terri, hang in there! This bump in the road is nothing compared with the big picture of this lifelong journey. I am in the same boat as you. Let's plan to kick butt in July!!!

WOOHOO Bru! 9 lbs in one month is amazing! Keep up the hard work girl. You are doing great!

I am at 160 still today. I can't even remember what I started out at this month--- probably 154 or 156--- and I don't really want to look back to see how far I have fallen off the wagon! I am happy this month is nearly over so I can start fresh in July. Good luck to everyone!
  • shelli1923
    shelli1923 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    June 1: 162
    June 4: 160.2
    June 11: 158.2
    June 19: 158.2 grumble
    June 25: 154.8 :flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile: :happy:

I am sooooo happy with my weigh-in this week! I don't think I've been less than 150 my whole adult life and I am getting pretty close! I totally met my goal before the end of the month. I'm ecstatic!!!

Terri- Keep your head up, it will come off eventually...right?!
    Bru- You are doing a GREAT job!
    Barty- CONGRATULATIONS!!! I can't wait until I reach my goal weight!
    Amanda- We will totally kick butt in July!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Still no loss

June 1, 2010 154.2
    June 6, 2010 151.8
    june 12,2010 150.6
    June 25,2010 151

I am not upset. I know whats going on. I am working really hard on some strength training and I changed up two weeks ago. I should really start to see a drop soon. I am going to up cardio next week just to push a drop. Now if I hadn't posted my freakish saturday weight loss on June 12th things would look more realistic.

Here is my Friday weights

6/4
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    So here's the truth. :blushing: If I had just stuck to posting and recording my Friday weight I would be fine. A little off pace but fine. I eagerly posted a freakishly low Sunday weight because I was so excited and in the past I always could get back to those by the weeks end but not this time. so here are the true Friday weigh in figures. and even though I am up .4 from the freak weight I am not changing my ticker!!!:tongue:

6/1 154.2
    6/4 153.8
    6/11 152.6
    6/18 151.8
    6/25 151

freak weight 6/12 150.6

Things really slowed down when I started seriously weight training. so I am going to kick up the cardio again next week so I can get below that magical 150 mark.

Barty - you are such an inspiration. Congratulations:drinker:
    Shelli - good job. I am right there with you on the 150's
    Amanda - no worries, you can do it. :happy:
    Bru - great job.:flowerforyou:
    Terri - It will all work out. you can do it. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

to those I missed its all good. Have a great day all.
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Okey dokey! Here we go, weigh in for Friday June 25th... 196.8! Yiiippppyyy!! Holy Moses! You are all so amazing and inspiring, thank you all for being there for my first month of losing 5 lbs a month. I think I mighta kinda met the goal for the month....

June 1st- 212
    June 25th- 196.8

Total weight loss for the month of June= 15.2 pounds

(I've stressed it before... 212 was my freak weight, it probably should have been about 207 but because I had just come off Memorial Day I was carrying some extra over- indulgence weight.)
  • erinliz
    erinliz Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I'm trying to do this anyway. I was 175 June 1st and am now at 171.....hopefully will get to 170 by July 1st! I actually went through my calendar the other day and wrote down my mini goals on the 1st of each month!

170-July 1
    165-Aug 1
    160-Sept 1
    155-Oct 1
    150-Nov 1

We'll see where it goes from there.....I think this is a great, safe way to lose it! I'm thinking about little rewards for reaching each goal. Maybe new tennis shoes for the first one? My dog chewed up my old ones, but I'm still wearing them!