Lose 5 Pounds a Month- June 2010 Challenge

Options

Replies

• malishm
    malishm Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm in!! I just joined myfitnesspal on the 25th and already lost 2 pounds. So I think I can do it!!
    Starting weight: 224
    Goal weight: 154
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea Bru, I would totally join you!!
    Right now I have a separate little group doing this, but I think it would be fun here too! Like this week, we are doing 105 situps total and jump rope 2min today, then up it 30sec each day for the rest of the week, plus eating a food you haven't tried.

You know, I never realized how out of shape I really am, til just now when I jump roped! I was more winded then versus this mornings 8min jog!! I thought I was gonna trip too! No, instead... ..I think the neighbors got quite a laugh, and almost a peep show!! I'm wearing the pants I wear on my walks, one has a drawstring and these, um, well, don't. So after about 7 jumps, my under-roos were showing, I thought I was gonna lose them comepletely...
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea Bru, I would totally join you!!
    Right now I have a separate little group doing this, but I think it would be fun here too! Like this week, we are doing 105 situps total and jump rope 2min today, then up it 30sec each day for the rest of the week, plus eating a food you haven't tried.

This does sound good. We did it a few months ago with a 3500 calorie burn per week. I made it but it was hard. I think that I will try for that again. Should make my loss 2lbs per week. But if you all have any ideas of what else we could do I would love to join ya! Push ups and sit ups are evil, but I could use a few!

BTW, Thanks I do feel better. I always do after I get it all out. After talking with a friend who has her son in the same class I felt much better. I guess I got off easy because the same teacher told my friend that she needs parenting classes because her son wore flip flops 2 school and she told the teacher that it was not worth the fight to make him wear shoes. I just about died when she told me that, my friend is a great mother! I have been busted about the flip flops also tho. But my friend did say "I thought you did let your kids eat sugary cereal" :laugh: OK I'M A BIG LIAR! Just don't tell Miss Maria!
  • shelli1923
    shelli1923 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I did end up working out yesterday but it didn't matter because I ate like crap!!! I didn't sleep well last night and I still don't feel good today! I got in a great workout this morning and plan on picking it up for the rest of the week. I REALLY want to start July out at 155!

Jenn- I would be pissed at that teacher, too!
    Bru- a small weekly challenge sounds like a good idea to me as long as it isn't too much. I am working on increasing my stamina and endurance but not sure about adding anything else at this time. But... a little push not hurt me either! LOL!
    Kelly- I don't know what the Skinny Monday or Tuesday is???

WELCOME NEWBIES! Please feel free to jump right in! This is a great group!
  • sandraq77
    sandraq77 Posts: 3
    Options
    My 1st day with myfitnesspal and I'm certainly up for the challenge. Let's do this!!! My current weight is 165 pounds and my goal is to lose 25 pounds.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Jenn - I would kill the b**** ( I am just sayin':blushing: ) no one tells me how to feed my children.
    Bru - challenge away. I didn't exercise much until we had the 3500 cal challenge. Now I do between 5000 and 7500 per week. We also did one where you had to try a new exercise.
    Shelley - I ate way too much rich food this weekend and I felt like crap today too. I still just worked my butt off and I won't be doing that again anytime soon:sick:

Terri - I hope you doing okay. Hows the knee?
    PhylJen - how's the vacay coming along?
    Amanda - thanks for all your support.

Welcome to all the newbies. we will start a new thread in July too. That is when we post our starting weights and our goals. Then we check in weekly.

So I had slowed my exercise down to 4500 cals or so a week and I don't like the results or how I felt so I have bumped it back up to 6000 this week. I really need to lose as much as I can now until I find a job because I am sure I can maintain but I don't think that I would able to keep losing like I am.

I hope you all have a great day.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Jenn - I would kill the b**** ( I am just sayin':blushing: ) no one tells me how to feed my children.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I love this!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Jen,

I also thought it was really funny that she told you to feed a healthy breakfast and then said she would feed her corn pop!

P.S. I let my kids eat this"crap" also. I am bad...I figure some energy is better than nothing!

My knee is actually doing better with running than in was with resting. Maybe the stress is building up the right muscles and bones.

Totally random but the more I read about health and fitness the more I know why people get confused. Every time I get a magazine it seems to contradict something from another magazine. For example a few months ago Prevention had a paragraph about weighing daily and how good it was for keeping people accountable. This month Shape days that weighing every day is bad because of daily fluctuations can be depressing! GO FIGURE! Again it come down to what works for YOU!

Have a Great Night!

Terri
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I did end up working out yesterday but it didn't matter because I ate like crap!!! I didn't sleep well last night and I still don't feel good today! I got in a great workout this morning and plan on picking it up for the rest of the week. I REALLY want to start July out at 155!

Jenn- I would be pissed at that teacher, too!
    Bru- a small weekly challenge sounds like a good idea to me as long as it isn't too much. I am working on increasing my stamina and endurance but not sure about adding anything else at this time. But... a little push not hurt me either! LOL!
    Kelly- I don't know what the Skinny Monday or Tuesday is???

WELCOME NEWBIES! Please feel free to jump right in! This is a great group!

I'm in weekly challenges that are Skinny Wednesday & Skinny Saturday. The challenges involve that you increase your water & double your exercise for the day. SO Since I want to start my July off under 230 (and you want to be 155) today & tomorrow I'm increasing my workouts & H20 to help me toward my goal. Of course the end of the month is Wednesday, which is my normal Skinny Wednesday challenge. So I'm working it extra hard today thru Wednesday so that I can be under 230 for my July start! :drinker:

I'm also in Bru's weekly challenge that we just started today of the 2 min jumprope & 15 situps. I got the situps down no problem - which actually shocked the heck outta me! :laugh: However the 2 min of jumprope, not so much! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: However I did it! :bigsmile:

Kelly
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    I could not find my posts on this thread, but i know I am part of this challenge! My start date for measuring is July 1. It is nice to see some familiar names and to see the enthusiastic energy that every one seems to have! I am looking forward to each of us achieving our goals! Lots of luck and thank-you for initiating this challenge!
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Not to quibble with your math, but.... :wink:

but what?

5 x 8 = 40
  • tralalara
    tralalara Posts: 149
    Options
    I'm finally home from vacation! Daughter is happily married and headed home to Phoenix. We had a wonderful time. We ate too much good food. :ohwell: I'll weigh in tomorrow but I'm not too excited about it! But you know what? I had a great time being with my family and a cupcake here and a glass of wine there (ok, we had mexican food AND BBQ too!) isn't going to get me off track. It was all worth it. Tomorrow is a new day. :tongue:
  • RomyNine
    RomyNine Posts: 10
    Options
    I'd like to join please!
    I lost 1 pound and I started a week ago, yeay!
    Let's do this everyone!

Starting weight: 200
    Goal weight: 140
  • dropit2010
    Options
    I am sooooo there - count me in!!!! :wink: Are you keeping track of who is joining or are we blogging this???
  • de1amo
    de1amo Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    im sure i made my 5lbs because i have now hit me goal weight of 154lbs--was there ever a table for this thread?
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Not to quibble with your math, but.... :wink:

but what?

5 x 8 = 40

Typos happen:laugh: :laugh:

I was actually thinking 7 months June-Dec but typed 8.

But.....wouldn't 40 be better than 35?!:flowerforyou:
  • millymoo81
    millymoo81 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm in on this one! Will weight myself at the gym today and add it to the challenge so I'm accountable to SOMEONE! :)
  • kizzym
    kizzym Posts: 250
    Options
    SW: 180
    CW: 177

I'll weigh myself tomorrow which is the end of the month
  • michelesebacher
    Options
    I'm in!!! I weighed myself this morning and I'll use that to start with I weighed 142.2 and my goal weight is 132...10lbs to go!!!

Kizzym- love your picture and your ticker...going Thursday to see it!!!!
  • kizzym
    kizzym Posts: 250
    Options
    THANKS ill be seeing it tomorrow because i get the tickets at work...PLUS ill be going to see it in imax this weekend...the tickets at work dont work towards imax...i'm team jacob which team are u on??
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Missed posting my Friday weigh-in....still 135.

Got a cold over the week-end, I feel like a pile of dog poo that's been run over by a truck. Haven't been able to drink much water for two days (water makes me gag when I'm sick) so I'm sure that I'll be retaining when I feel better. Maybe I'll try adding some Crystal Light today, see if I can stomach that???

Hope everyone else had a fun & healthy week-end!!!