30th time I have caught my husband stealing my pain meds!

Options

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I think I'm divorcing him.

Sorry to hear. Try counseling for both his addiction and any other issues there may be.

Good luck!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    The troll deactivated Peeps.

I know this but still think this point needs to be made. This is a quit cold turkey situation for both parties. Husband is clearly an addict stealing from a sick wife 30 times.

Wife (OP's) pain clearly isn't managed if it took her so long to catch on that she was refilling too frequently, furthermore, her Dr. or pharmacy should have caught on. Too much looking the other way, too little actual problem solving. She needs a real solution, possibly surgery. Hubby needs a 12 step. Only bothering to say after deactivation in case anyone else ever finds themselves in these murky waters during a pain medicated injury. IF it's murky and confusing, it's probably time to get some clarity. Fast!

In defense of the OP, she said that was taking the pain meds on "really bad days". If taking the meds sporadically because the pain is being managed for the most part, it would be understandable to overlook the frequency in which the meds are being refilled.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    what kind of person would steal his wife's (by the sound of it) MUCH needed pain meds and make her go without!!

A druggie.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    ....I don't know what world you live in but in mine people aren't so jaded. And just because it happens here doesn't make it alright. This was not a joke post but someone in pain. And maybe they weren't really but you don't know that so maybe it would be best to put the snarky comments on another post.

Someone in pain .. and out of painkillers ..
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    drugsarebad.png

This is actually going to haunt me in my dreams tonight.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    The troll deactivated Peeps.

I know this but still think this point needs to be made. This is a quit cold turkey situation for both parties. Husband is clearly an addict stealing from a sick wife 30 times.

Wife (OP's) pain clearly isn't managed if it took her so long to catch on that she was refilling too frequently, furthermore, her Dr. or pharmacy should have caught on. Too much looking the other way, too little actual problem solving. She needs a real solution, possibly surgery. Hubby needs a 12 step. Only bothering to say after deactivation in case anyone else ever finds themselves in these murky waters during a pain medicated injury. IF it's murky and confusing, it's probably time to get some clarity. Fast!

In defense of the OP, she said that was taking the pain meds on "really bad days". If taking the meds sporadically because the pain is being managed for the most part, it would be understandable to overlook the frequency in which the meds are being refilled.

No, actually I think this means she would have some lucid, non drug-hazed days to get her bearings and would be MORE likely to notice them missing. Her condition sounded painful and like it required lots of medicine. Still though, if she weren't in a position to notice, the Dr. or pharmacy should have noticed something after 30 times, if they were being responsible and keeping accurate records, agreed?

ETA: I also wish you had not used the word "defense" of the OP because that implies I was attacking her, when I was actually defending her too. I didn't really feel I was attacking anyone, even the addict. IMO based on the little info provided before deactivation he has a problem, addiction. She has a problem, unmanaged untreated pain. Both problems need solutions that are not to be found in the bottles they are refilling ad infinitum. Pain killers have their use, and have overstayed their welcome in their home apparently, is all I'm saying.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    She might not have deleted because of thin skin. She may have had anxiety about sharing personal info online.

You think OP would have thought about that before sharing this personal info online.

Sure, but sometimes people are impulsive, make mistakes, and rethink things later.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    She might not have deleted because of thin skin. She may have had anxiety about sharing personal info online.

You think OP would have thought about that before sharing this personal info online.

Sure, but sometimes people are impulsive, make mistakes, and rethink things later.

Especially people who are 1) upset 2) confused 3) on mind altering substances OR 4) distracted by mind numbing pain.

I hope OP finds the time to read this later and gets the help she and her husband need. Sersly.
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    BreeNJesse has deactivated their account.

tumblr_m6ha2uyfh71rwcc6bo1_400.gif

Are you terribly surprised after some of the mean, rude and downright judgmental replies she got. People please remember just cause you can't see someones face doesn't mean you aren't talking to a real person with real feelings.

These are the some of the same people that you will see on post after post being mean, rude and downright judgmental with their replies. They are pathetic really. I just wish I could watch when karma bites them for being cold, heartless and without an ounce of human decency or compassion in them. My opinion of course. :flowerforyou:
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    30th time? And you never thought about doing anything the second time or the third? He needs rehab and you need to stop enabling him.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    All addicts will lie and steal to get his or her fix. Sometimes the world has crash around them so they can come to their senses.
  • syedsaad
    syedsaad Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    And lying about it! I started counting my pills because I was running out of them quicker than I could get them prescribed and honestly thought it was me. I am at the end of my rope with the lying and stealing. Who does that? There is no trust! I know this is supposed to be all happy cheery crap all the time but I'm having a WAY heavy day. I think I'm divorcing him.

You married him .... u r supposed to be with him in his gud and bad .... so y leave ?? get him help and help him urself .... almost every person has the potential to become better .... for me i believe marriages are supposed to be for lifetime .... so should make the right decision in the first time .... help him for the time when u made the decision of marrying him because u loved him :)
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options

Are you terribly surprised after some of the mean, rude and downright judgmental replies she got. People please remember just cause you can't see someones face doesn't mean you aren't talking to a real person with real feelings.

These are the some of the same people that you will see on post after post being mean, rude and downright judgmental with their replies. They are pathetic really. I just wish I could watch when karma bites them for being cold, heartless and without an ounce of human decency or compassion in them. My opinion of course. :flowerforyou:

Gotta agree with you! I like your opinion. I guess you are like the people you surround yourself with. They need to find better people to be around.
  • riccoismydog
    riccoismydog Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Why are so many people responding to a post in which the poster deactivated their account four pages ago....

Is this a test to see if people actually read the forum before posting there own drivel.....

If it is .... I got a few fails to report. Just sayin.
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options

Gotta agree with you! I like your opinion. I guess you are like the people you surround yourself with. They need to find better people to be around.

Agree and thank you. :flowerforyou:
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

Especially people who are 1) upset 2) confused 3) on mind altering substances OR 4) distracted by mind numbing pain.

I hope OP finds the time to read this later and gets the help she and her husband need. Sersly.

Exactly! I actually just came back here to say that. Anyone that has ever experienced severe pain and then had serious emotional decisions to make should be able to understand how the mind begins to have trouble coping and certainly has no time to keep up with internet people going off on tangents.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    if she is counting her own pills, thats a good sign she has her own substance abuse issues. Its easy to blame someone else, its also easy to blame "pain", not as easy to admit you have a problem yourself. I wish her luck.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    To clear up no I'm not a drug addict, I have 4 herniated discs in my neck and I am severe chronic pain with chronic migraine. So yes, I do have pain meds to help me through my really bad days, but an addict no!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    He's a drug addict, liar and a thief. Makes sense to me.

GET RID OF HIM
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    if she is counting her own pills, thats a good sign she has her own substance abuse issues. Its easy to blame someone else, its also easy to blame "pain", not as easy to admit you have a problem yourself. I wish her luck.

That doesn't make any sense. I count my vitamins to see how many I have left. People count pills, so they know when to refill it. And to make sure she isn't overtaking them.

And just to clarify, I've never taken prescription pain meds. I took them on one occasion after getting my wisdom teeth out and it was such an awful experience that I always choose pain over that.
This discussion has been closed.