Random thoughts...

Options

Replies

• TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    NEVER

How many days passed the expiration date would you drink your milk?
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    It depends on the milk. Skim milk keeps a looooong time. I have used it after expiration as long as it smells ok. When in doubt sniff.

I was thinking about driving yesterday.Why do people cut you off just to get a little ahead only to find that the person in front of you is no faster than you are? And then traffic stalls and the guy who cut you off is sitting right in front of you on his cell phone shaking his head like a chicken pecking around at grain. Or you get the same stop light. I have also had several people pass me from the shoulder lately. Incredible. I am not a slow driver by any means. I follow the flow of traffic but I have never seen so many crazy people on the road before. Maybe there are just more crazies now a days.Well I know there are. The scary part is that they drive!!!!
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    I hate when I'm on the main road and someone is on the side street turning unto the main road and they speed out in front of me and then suddenly, goes 20 mph less than me so I have to slam on my breaks. Then, I look in my rearview mirror and no one is behind me. Why couldn't he just wait an extra 5 seconds for me to pass at my normal speed?
    Why does it seem like every route I take, there's construction going on and it's down to one lane and we're forced to crawl up the road until we pass the construction site?
  • Voncreepy2
    Options
    I know I hate construction!!!!!! And those people who dart in front of you are almost always on a cell phone. How much is there really to talk about 24 hours a day 7 days a week. I think some people poop with a bluetooth attached to their heads. Yes, Phil, ERRRRRR, I will get that paperwork on your desk by Monday. It is like an epidimic. Like a zombie movie. "THEY TALK!!!!!!!!" You pass people nowadays and they don't talk to other people or even smile or nod. They are too busy living on their phones. And yes, I have a cell phone. I just don't think it is healthy when you tune the rest of the world out or life and spend your every waking minute on a stupid cell phone. I have seen 2 people at the same table texting and not even speaking to each other. We went to dinner the other night and one of our friends spent the entire night texting and her husband and son was sitting right next to her and she just sat there like a zombie, an alien ravaged shell of a person. The lights are on but nobody's home type of thing. Does this disturb anyone but me?
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    I almost hit someone the other day because they were texting on their phone while crossing the street. If they had looked up, they would have seen the blinking do not walk sign. What an idiot!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Okay. I am leaving for England tomorrow and will be gone for a week. please don't let this thread die while I'm gone. Sure, i could start another one, but I like this one.

I saw a handwritten poster on the street today that said "Lovely house for sale". Is it just me, or is that kind of an odd way to try to sell a house? Sure, the paper was goldenrod, which as we all know, does attract attention, but it was like a 9 year old was trying to sell it.
  • david1956
    david1956 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Possibly some children have done away with their parents with the intention of selling the house. Should we inform the authorities, just in case my hunch is correct?
  • david1956
    david1956 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I am freakin' sick of this winter already and it's hardly started. I need to figure one of those Sth/Nth hemisphere 6 months each type lifestyles.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    One bright day in the middle of the night two dead boys got up to fight. Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. A deaf policeman heard the noise, came a running and shot them two dead boys. If you don't believe my story is true just ask the blind man he saw it too.

unknown
  • Voncreepy2
    Options
    I have a funny story. My daughter and I were at a resteraunt and she had to go. She is almost 3. So we went and whomever was in there with us turned out the lights and left. Apparently, they were hard of hearing as well because I shouted and they just kept going and the door shut. It was the darkest bathroom i have ever been in and couldn't even see my hand in front of my face. I had to find my way out of the stall as my daughter is crying and feel all along the walls, gross I know. At one time , I became panicked and started shouting to no avail. Finally , I stumbled upon the door handle, as i never did find the light switch. I swear there was NO light. not from the door or anywherre Finally made it and my husband was like, "what took you so long?"
  • ZebraHead
    Options
    I'm not a fig plucker nor a fig plucker's son, but I'll pluck figs till the fig plucker comes.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Do stretch marks tan?
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I like figs. They're good. I do not like fig newtons. They're monstrously fattening little gut bombs. And they don't taste like figs.

Why don't fig newtons taste like figs?
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    I believe I need to go out and buy me some figs. I have no idea what they "really" taste like. All I've had are the newtons. How does one select a fig? Do you buy them in the fruit section? How does one prepare said fig?
  • ZebraHead
    Options
    Figs make me always think of dates. I loves me a good date bar. :love:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I believe I need to go out and buy me some figs. I have no idea what they "really" taste like. All I've had are the newtons. How does one select a fig? Do you buy them in the fruit section? How does one prepare said fig?
    They sell them in the fruit section, usually packaged in a cutesie round arrangement in this little plastic container. Local fresh is better when they're in season of course.

Prepare? Well there are a jillion recipes that use them, but they're delicious just as picked. Firm, sweet, with a pebbly-seedy texture similar to a dried strawberry. They do remind me of prunes, but better. My mom had a beautiful fig bush next to her porch that probably produced 100# of fruit a year. Miss those, and miss my mom.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I don't know how people can eat rasins in oatmeal the texture is just so weird. I don't want to chew my oatmeal.
  • ZebraHead
    Options
    Why do a lot of folks take profile pics of themselves sitting in their cars? Just an observation. :flowerforyou:
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    Casper wrote this on a different post "If you woke up and somebody had shaved one eyebrow off - would you do the other one yourself to regain symmetry, or would you walk around with one whiel waiting for the missing to grow back in? "

I laughed so hard when I read this because I have quite the story about this topic. Many years ago when I was much younger and much more stupid, my boyfriend at the time and I were at a memorial day party and got very drunk. He ended up passing out early sitting upright in a chair and the rest of us continued drinking. As the night went on, someone thought it would be a great idea to shave my bf's eyebrow off and well, in my inebriated state I agreed. So we shaved the eyebrow and drew it back in with a squiggly line in black marker. When we woke up the next morning, I was mortified. How do I explain to my bf that I partook in shaving off one of his eyebrows? He was, with good reason, SO pissed! He's also had fairly bushy eyebrows so it was extremely noticeable. Well to try to save the relationship, I allowed him to shave one of my eyebrows off in return. He decided to shave off his other one so he was evened out, but I decided to just leave the other one alone since my bangs are about that length and covered it fairly well. It took 2 months for our eyebrows to grow back in. We looked so ridiculous.
  • ZebraHead
    Options
    Who was the first person to eat a raw oyster? How did he manage to lie to the next person to get them to try them?