Random thoughts...

Options

Replies

• Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    "Everyone smiles in the same language." Which cultures don't smile and what do they do?
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    "Everyone smiles in the same language." Which cultures don't smile and what do they do?

Maybe they sniff each others hindquarters? maybe not.......
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    I just spoke to a person who had such a thick Australian accent that I could barely understand them! It seemed like he was grunting too instead of answering yes or no. Weird. :huh:
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Casper wrote this on a different post "If you woke up and somebody had shaved one eyebrow off - would you do the other one yourself to regain symmetry, or would you walk around with one whiel waiting for the missing to grow back in? "

I laughed so hard when I read this because I have quite the story about this topic. Many years ago when I was much younger and much more stupid, my boyfriend at the time and I were at a memorial day party and got very drunk. He ended up passing out early sitting upright in a chair and the rest of us continued drinking. As the night went on, someone thought it would be a great idea to shave my bf's eyebrow off and well, in my inebriated state I agreed. So we shaved the eyebrow and drew it back in with a squiggly line in black marker. When we woke up the next morning, I was mortified. How do I explain to my bf that I partook in shaving off one of his eyebrows? He was, with good reason, SO pissed! He's also had fairly bushy eyebrows so it was extremely noticeable. Well to try to save the relationship, I allowed him to shave one of my eyebrows off in return. He decided to shave off his other one so he was evened out, but I decided to just leave the other one alone since my bangs are about that length and covered it fairly well. It took 2 months for our eyebrows to grow back in. We looked so ridiculous.

Thanks for the laugh... I certainly needed one today :laugh: :laugh: :love:
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Corporate email communication from our US Corporate HR Dept has the following sentence in it:

This is a reminder that the next paid holiday will be this coming Monday, July 5, to give you a head-start on the Fourth of July weekend.

To give me a head-start on the Fourth of July weekend??? Huh? so do I get to take all of next week off too?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    My wife is having a wine tasting party tomorrow night. Every time she does that, I am enlisted to create, prepare and serve appetizers for each bottle of wine.

Tomorrow the menu is:

• Avocado and Shrimp Soup
    • Japanese Summer Rolls
    • Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
    • Asian Salad
    • Lobster Rolls
    • Sorbet (Raspberrie and Chocolate - scoop of each.
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    My wife is having a wine tasting party tomorrow night. Every time she does that, I am enlisted to create, prepare and serve appetizers for each bottle of wine.

Tomorrow the menu is:

• Avocado and Shrimp Soup
    • Japanese Summer Rolls
    • Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
    • Asian Salad
    • Lobster Rolls
    • Sorbet (Raspberrie and Chocolate - scoop of each.

WOW! with DH its beer with dips and chips..OMG he is such a redneck
  • RoadDog
    Options
    We started doing this about 5 years ago. Couple times a year. First few times, I was always looking on the internet, trying out new recipes, etc. Also buying specialty dishes. I would try different stuff on my family for weeks leading up to the event.

Got a complete pantry full of different dishes now and about 35 different recipes. I am only trying out one new one this time; the Japanese Summer Roll.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    Why is it that I have no problem biting into a nice juicy steak or ham sandwich, but I actually start to feel sad when I see roadkill?
  • RoadDog
    Options
    Why is it that I have no problem biting into a nice juicy steak or ham sandwich, but I actually start to feel sad when I see roadkill?

We only care about the "cute" animals. Everybody get their panties in a wad over the poor Dolphins getting caught in the Tuna Nets. What about the freakin' Tunas?
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    For those of you that are 1/2 blind like me and can't see distance, the fireworks can be especially awesome this weekend for you. Last year at the fireworks, my glasses were dirty so I took them off to clean them and while I was cleaning I looked up and was so amazed at what I saw. All of the firework sparks had multiplied to 20X their size so each spark was a big ball of color...each one! It was the best light show I'd ever seen and can't wait for Sunday! I never used to care about fireworks until now.....now I'm so excited to go. And my boyfriend is in the same boat with his vision, so both of us are looking forward to it. I wish I had taken my glasses off years ago! It really is SO cool!
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I guess I feel more somber today. I was just thinking about all of the people in the world going through struggles right now like those who have lost their jobs or homes or spouses. How fortunate and blessed I am to have 3 beautiful children, a husband who loves and cares for me and a roof over my head. In comparison, the rest of the things in life seem trivial and unnecessary. It's easy to forget how much we truly have when we are always so consumed with wanting what we don't. I thank God for everything I have and don't want to forget how quickly things can change.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    What power must the American auto industry have if it can keep all the 'small' cars that are so succesful in Europe (saw a zillion of them many were extremly nice) from coming to the U.S.? When did the consumer/citizen lose control of this country??
  • RoadDog
    Options
    Never had control. There was only ever an appearance of control. At least in my lifetime.
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Bump so I can read later
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    Bump so I can read later

Awww...someone wants to read our random thoughts :drinker: :heart:
  • ZebraHead
    Options
    Never had control. There was only ever an appearance of control. At least in my lifetime.

True!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    I heard on the radio last night that you can rent-a-friend now on the web and I so totally want to get paid to be someone's friend. Where do I sign up?
  • ZebraHead
    Options
    We as a people gotta get off of this rock!!
  • ZebraHead
    Options
    Why do people act like they are at an outdoor picnic when they go out to eat? They let their kids run wild and they all talk like they are outside at the park instead of inside at a restaurant that other people also are paying money to be at?? And when you tell them to STFU they act all put out and stuff and then you have to wait for them in the parking lot and run them down with your Hummer (and backup over them several times!!)