Concealed Carry: good or bad idea

Options
Mustang_Susie
Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
Since 1986, several states have enacted some form of Concealed Carry legislation.
I have not researched studies citing whether this legislation has had a significant impact on violent crime in the US.
I have briefly perused a few studies regarding the effect of gun control on "justified" murders in Britain.
In light of the recent murder in Britain and the lament of lack of a legally armed citizen to shoot this barbarian, what do you think?

6oz8nc.gif

Replies

• DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I have lots to add but nothing I choose to say at the moment other than that I made it in before the lock. It's gonna be a good day on the forums.

ETA: just so I can actually add something, my fiance and I are moving out of this state by the end of the year into a state with less strict gun laws. So. That should say where I stand.
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    I have a concealed carry permit.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Brb never going to America, wouldn't be able to trust anyone.
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Oklahoma has actually enacted an open carry and concealed carry law.
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    you for sure opened a can of worms with this post...
  • _Countryboy_
    Options
    I have a concealed carry permit, and support it fully. I truly hope I never have to use a weapon against another human being...but if it comes down to me, or some thug trying to turn me into fertilizer, well, you know. When I was 8 years old, I saved my mom and little sister from at least getting raped...and probably worse than that because I was able to get to my dad's gun and convince a couple guys that I would use it. If not for that gun my whole life would have been destroyed.
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Can't even imagine what could go wrong with this topic. Oh wait.

Internet.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Im all for it. Criminals and others will be packin reguarless if the laws allow it or not.... so why not arm and protect yourself and your loved ones. Would you want to get into a gun fight carrying a stick???

PS - In before the lock.
  • _Countryboy_
    Options

Its not the ones legally carrying that you can't trust....its all of those that carry illegally, or who "legally" cannot carry, but do anyway.
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    Also, people are going to post whatever they want without caring about who they're offending. There's a difference between disagreeing and flaming someone. That's why this is gonna get locked.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I feel safer knowing only police and criminals carry firearms, I'm Canadian bTW.
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    What country boy said!!
  • DalekBrittany
    Options

Its not the ones legally carrying that you can't trust....its all of those that carry illegally, or who "legally" cannot carry, but do anyway.

The point of concealed carry is that you don't know it's there. It's the ones that flash it at you that you have to worry about.
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    The only thing to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. I'm armed, educated and proud.
  • nolongerXXL
    nolongerXXL Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I have my CCP, I like having the option to carry if needed, especially if alone or alone with my kids.

I have a huge responsibility when carrying and it isn't a free for all.

Living in a state with slack or strict CCP doesn't bother me, I live in a state that about mid-line with the laws.

Even with my CCP, I'm still very restricted on where I can and how I can carry.

It isn't the average law abiding citizen that is the threat......

To each their own.
  • BrandiBoo84
    BrandiBoo84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Im all for it. Criminals and others will be packin reguarless if the laws allow it or not.... so why not arm and protect yourself and your loved ones. Would you want to get into a gun fight carrying a stick???

PS - In before the lock.

THIS.
  • kelleygi
    kelleygi Posts: 650 Member
    Options

THIS!!!
  • kelleygi
    kelleygi Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    The only thing to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. I'm armed, educated and proud.

And THIS!!!!! :drinker:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options

Yes, to clarify my question:
    what has a greater impact on decreasing violent crime:
    -- gun control as in Britian?
    -- concealed carry as in the US?
  • patentguru
    patentguru Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Be careful with the concealed license. The license is good for the following reasons: 1. Purchase guns without waiting list. 2. Once you have a right the state cannot take it away. 3. It grants reciprocal rights in 42 states as of today.

For example, in Florida, anyone without a license can buy a gun, or have a gun locked in the car or in a gun bag. The license allows the user to carry the gun in a pocket or on the person. No one can open carry.

The penalties for messing up are severe-2 years in jail-no exceptions. Know where you can and cannot carry- i.e. no government buildings, which are numerous- post office, ..... etc.

Every state has different rules.
    Since 1986, several states have enacted some form of Concealed Carry legislation.
    I have not researched studies citing whether this legislation has had a significant impact on violent crime in the US.
    I have briefly perused a few studies regarding the effect of gun control on "justified" murders in Britain.
    In light of the recent murder in Britain and the lament of lack of a legally armed citizen to shoot this barbarian, what do you think?

6oz8nc.gif
This discussion has been closed.