Replies

• Anasye
    Anasye Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Bump :laugh:
  • luis702702
    luis702702 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Guy on bike doing dumbbell curls with one arm only, I really couln't believe it.....
  • IeshaMonica93
    Options
    The weirdest thing I ever saw at the gym was a bunch of people minding their own business and working out.

Yeah, I really hope people aren't talking about me while i'm working out.

^ditto. This is why I work out at home.
  • gakmt
    gakmt Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just came from the Y. A moderately heavy set lady came in and was working on aleg machine of some sort. its a small Y and I noticed the smell of food, very strong. I look in the mirror and while she was working on the machine in one hand she had an egg mcmuffin and in the other hand she had hash browns........she probably calls that multi-tasking
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Just came from the Y. A moderately heavy set lady came in and was working on aleg machine of some sort. its a small Y and I noticed the smell of food, very strong. I look in the mirror and while she was working on the machine in one hand she had an egg mcmuffin and in the other hand she had hash browns........she probably calls that multi-tasking
    Was this guy with her?
    mcdonalds-bench-press.jpg
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Lady on treadmill in high heels.

I hope this is a joke
  • DorothyR87
    DorothyR87 Posts: 113
    Options
    I went with my sister to her gym one time and I saw like three different people wearing sandals and on various cardio machines. I'm pretty sure if I tried that I would wind up seriosuly injuring myself somehow.
  • CarlaRG
    CarlaRG Posts: 264
    Options
    I've seen a couple of people split their pants. One was a very heavy woman who was new to working out and didn't have workout clothes that fit, the other was a muscle bound gym rat who was trying to impress a girl. Guess which one I felt bad for.
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    During an exercise class, a fitness instructor sat on a physio ball and popped it.
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Ah, I've just found this I wrote for a website a few years ago!!

It Takes All Sorts

So many different kinds of people inhabit Planet Earth. And most of the strange ones seem to inhabit our gym.

It can get very dull, working out. When you’re confined to the steps of an elliptical trainer for what feels like several days, even the little screen showing how many calories you’ve burnt fails to provide any entertainment (“Ooh look, seventy-eight. You know, it was seventy-seven a moment ago!”).

For some individuals – some of whom we’ll get onto later – this isn’t a problem. Staring down at the assortment of red dots that today is resembling several large hills will do just fine. If it doesn’t, then staring up at the TV screens showing many, many mostly-naked women writhing around (no, thank YOU, MTV Base) will. For the rest of us, neither of these things suffices, and we have to start looking around.

This is when it gets dangerous, because a gym contains other people. And inevitably, the human mind not quite above it yet, we begin to judge. Which is not difficult with cases like these:

1. ‘Walking Woman’. She walks for thirty minutes on one treadmill, gets off, has a drink, and then does another ten minutes on another treadmill. She always wears exactly the same clothes, never speaks to anyone and – here’s the really odd bit – wears dangly diamante earrings that wouldn’t look out of place on Sue Pollard. Actually, they would, because even Sue wouldn’t wear dangly earrings to the gym.

2. ‘Ms Bosoms’. We call her this because her (surgically-enhanced) chest is the only thing you really notice about her, until you notice that she’s dyed her hair bright orange.

3. ‘Steph*’. You would hope that a gym instructor would be marginally awake, in case of emergency, or at least to get the channel off those infernal mostly-naked women. This one, however, is so unaware of the world around her that we had this conversation:

STEPH: Have you got a sister?
    ME: No?
    STEPH: Because there’s someone who comes in who looks just like you. Where are you from?
    ME: [My home town]
    STEPH: Yeah, I think that’s where she’s from as well!

Believe me, it took a real leap to realise that she’d identified me as my own twin sister.

Of course, we’re not immune, and are probably pegged by others as ‘those bloody women who keep staring at us’. Which we don’t, of course. Much.

*Name changed very slightly to protect…oh, go on then, she’s innocent.
  • droppinlbslikeangels
    Options
    Not seen but heard...HUGE meathead...earbuds in...music so loud you could hear it. Here he was doing 75 lb hammer curls with the grunt...*GRRAAAHHH*..*FART*...other arm...*GRAAAHHHH* *FART*...re-racks the weight but gets a final lift in before setting them on the rack...*GRRRRRRAAAAAHHHH*...*squeeky fart*
    OMFG I almost died laughing, I had to leave the area!!!

oh dear lord I'm laughing so hard
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    No, I take that back. During a pilates class I kept hearing someone's stomach bubbling really loud. I just shrugged it off as someone who was hungry. When the class was almost over, this woman got up with a quickness and bolted out the door. As I was leaving the class I saw the same woman coming out of the bathroom. When you gotta go you gotta go!
  • F1TCH1K
    F1TCH1K Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's me but I just notice any of this stuff at my gym...maybe I'm just too much into my own workout, or maybe I need a new gym ;-)

I occasionally see a guy running on the elliptical ma hine wearing a gas mask.

Odd indeeed to see but has advantages...

..."limits the amount of oxygen inhaled, causing hypoxia while they train, causing the blood to form more hemoglobin to be formed so the athlete can better utilize his muscles during aerobic activity..."
  • daniesmiley
    Options
    Saw an older (70ish) lady today full crazy bright makeup and a blouse on, on the treadmill, doing a very slow walk. Apparently she is there almost everyday in full clown. If you're working out, your makeup would drip from your face (that is if you feel the need to wear it, I don't see why you would, its a gym not a dating site) A slight kudos to her I guess I hope I can go to the gym at her age.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteous
    Options
    Nothing really all that weird. But some women get totally weirded out when I smell their bicycle seats or machine seats when they are done working out. Whatever. To each their own.
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Now I'll admit I'm pretty new to the gym and no doubt people have had a good stare at the 300lb woman blowing like a steam training whilst bright red and sweating on the treadmill/ elliptical/ [insert any piece of gym kit here] but I was slightly taken aback by one young lady on the treadmill yesterday. She was doing HIIT training on the treadmill (and is obviously superfit!) but then slowed the treadmill down, upped the incline, jumped off the treadmill, dropped into a push up position with her hands on the floor and feet on the treadmill and started slowly walking her feet on the treadmill for about 3 mins. I'm struggling to understand the reasons (and am happy to be educated!)
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I imagine other people would think it was me.

I listen to radio podcasts whilst running and laugh (comedy) or tut and harumph (politics and news) to myself.

I also use the hand antibacterial spray to wipe everything I touch, both before and after use (I don't have OCD - other people are just skanky).

I also take medication that makes me very thirsty so I usually get through a few bottles of water in an hour too.

I see women with elaborately pinned up hair and a facefull of slap in the swimming pool quite often, their bodies all contorted under the water in a desparate bid to keep their mascara from running. I would say 'who notices', but clearly I do...
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    A guy running on the treadmill with a large glossy black and white photo of his pet pug placed on the front of the treadmill.

In the YMCA sauna, i walked in on two guys, one was giving the other one oral sex.

In the YMCA again, on the locker room floor lie a filthy pair of whitey tighties with the whole back side up the waist covered in feces.

Oh yes, in the sauna again, a guy with his balls strategically placed on a towel. he wasn't sitting on the towel, his balls were.

I've just snorted peppermint tea out of my nose (it burns!)

Your gym sounds more fun that mine...