Weird/Funniest things you have seen at the Gym

Options

Replies

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I was having a PT session in the gym and the guy, probably in his 60s, comes to use the machine next to the one I was on. He started doing some weird exercise/stretch thing that involved rolling his hips around and it looked like he was giving the machine some sort of lap dance. I had to get away from there fast because I couldn't stop laughing.

Apparently the same guy has had some complaints as he was doing stretches on the floor, putting his legs in the air, with shorts on and no underwear!
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I commend the woman on the treadmill for continuing to do her own thing in her own way while others openly laugh at her.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I commend the woman on the treadmill for continuing to do her own thing in her own way while others openly laugh at her.

She's no worse for the wear -- she's definitely a morning regular now. She's added in a shimmy move where she shakes her boobs, and also throws in occasional jazz hands. (I swear on my life, I'm not making this up.)

I'm considering adding jazz hands to my lifting routine to see if it burns more calories.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    When I first started taking yoga, I noticed when we do the down dog pose or bridge someone would pass gas. I was mortified the first time because it was so loud it sound like a trumpet playing (GEEZ).

It still goes on and I am used to it.
  • kmrichardson1
    kmrichardson1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I am actually the "funniest" one at the gym (henceforth my name of FITPHOBIA). The gym that I do go to once in a while had the weight/cardio room remodelled so decided to check it out.

When I exercise, I sweat SO, SO bad that my glasses slip off, so I entered the room and immediately put my glasses on the shelf (as always) that is just inside the door of the cardio room, but have to be very careful because my eyesight is poor that I don't trip over anyone or anything.

This was going to be MY day at the gym. There was only one or two other people (I hate exercising in front of people because I am so poor at it and they are all doing so much more than I can do). I slunk over to the treadmill and noticed that there was a lady bigger than me getting on a treadmill on the other side of the room. I finally figured that I wasn't the fattest person there so was slightly motivated for once. Started the treadmill, got on.......

I looked over and the other lady was keeping up....so I stepped it up a notch. Looked over in a couple of minutes - she had too....so I put it at a slightly higher speed....she did too. Finally I had the treadmill going as fast as I dared. "If I can't go FASTER, then I will OUTLAST her." Fifty minutes later, my legs are turning to Jell-O and I have to leave - although she's still there.....just like the Energizer Bunny. I crawl off the treadmill and weeble-wobble my way over to my glasses and to get the wipes and spray to mist off the equipment as required by the gym rules.

As I am cleaning off my treadmill, I look up at the other woman.............I didn't realize (without my glasses) that I had been watching MYSELF in the mirror the whole time (I didn't realize there were mirrors there as it was the first time I had been there after the remodel...)

This is a story I didn't tell for about two years, but now when I recount it, people laugh themselves to tears....but that is one of the several reasons why I have GYM/FITPHOBIA. :-)

Omg I am cracking up!! So funny! I have horrible eye sight so I can see doing something like this!
  • jasminemonique1
    Options
    1..it's always funny when you and the person on the next treadmill or elliptical are basically in competition. I am constantly doing that even though I know I shouldn't.

2. I sometimes workout at the gym on my college campus.... so I get to see some of my professors in biker shorts, under armour and other tight apparel... ugh working out with teacher is already weird enough but it's even worse that they have on such tight clothing. How can I take them seriously in class the next day after seeing all of that.

3. I am always weired out when I am in hardcore workout mode and I notice a group of guys staring at my butt.

4. I always think its funny when I can hear the person next to me giving themselves a pep talk. ( I give myself pep talks to but I try do it mentally)
  • jasminemonique1
    Options
    I was having a PT session in the gym and the guy, probably in his 60s, comes to use the machine next to the one I was on. He started doing some weird exercise/stretch thing that involved rolling his hips around and it looked like he was giving the machine some sort of lap dance. I had to get away from there fast because I couldn't stop laughing.

Apparently the same guy has had some complaints as he was doing stretches on the floor, putting his legs in the air, with shorts on and no underwear!
    bahaha I would have been mortified... who goes to the gym without underwear YUCK!!! sorry you and other had to see that!!
  • HoneySunrise
    HoneySunrise Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Well - I work at 24 Hour Fitness so there isn't enough room on this website to tell all of the weird/gross things I have seen there.
  • freyaheart
    freyaheart Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I saw an older man just sitting on the recumbent bike watching tv. Not riding it just sitting there for a solid 15 minutes. He may have already did his work out I just thought it was odd. Oh and he didn't clean it afterwards....eewww I hate that so much.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options

I just threw up a little in my mouth :tongue:
  • ElBence
    ElBence Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I worked as a lifeguard at a fitness center once. We had an adults only (18+) hot tub that was utilized by this one greasy kid who always wore a wife beater in the pool, and must have been just barely 18. Since water was involved, we had to have a lifeguard at the hot tub. One time a fellow guard came into the break room and announced that one of the beater boys (his brother came with him in similar attire, and we nicknamed them) had been caught jerking it in the hot tub. His membership was revoked.
    I assume that the hot tub has water jetting in that obscures view. How on earth did the life guard find him jerking off?

The jets were timed so that energy wasn't wasted when nobody was using it. He just had bad timing.
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    I saw a spontaneous "faith healing" at Planet Fitness. Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy!
  • krystle1001
    Options
    gross!
  • krystle1001
    Options
    LMAO! I think im crying, to funny!
  • hmoffatt
    hmoffatt Posts: 51
    Options
    3) At my old gym there was a lady on a stationary bike in front of a line of treadmills I was using. She was wearing black spandex cycling shorts. The way the sun was coming in the window as the sun set it was focused on her bum. In the sun you could see right through the shorts like they weren't there, I'm sure she didn't notice but I did notice that she didn't have any underwear.
    Yeah that's probably right - the shorts are intended to be worn without underwear. Otherwise you get chafing where the seams rub. Sounds like her shorts were just a bit thin - they wear out over time.
  • Elphaba91
    Elphaba91 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    - There's a guy at my gym who pedals BACKWARDS on the elliptical...meaning there is absolutely ZERO resistance. Meanwhile he stares at the rest of us huffing and puffing while he speeds along. I don't have the guts to tell him!

- A guy was doing a (fantastic) plank next to me once when another guy came along and gave him a light push and he toppled over! Their subsequent conversation revealed they were friends.

- This one is dobbing myself in. One day at the gym my sister was wearing a t-shirt saying 'Move it to lose it'...meanwhile I was wearing a Cookie Monster t-shirt, complete with the words 'Me love cookie'. Didn't really think through that through properly when packing my bag that morning! :tongue:
  • Lulla_dxb
    Lulla_dxb Posts: 22
    Options
    1. Older lady wearing a shiny silver sauna suite doing weights.

2. In a Bodybalance class a lady farted behind me...I hope no-one thought it was me!

3. Lady doing a Zumba class wearing a long denim skirt!?!

After reading some of the posts...Ladies come in with Starbucks all the time at my gym, even the class instructors do...is that wrong?
  • beausmumn
    beausmumn Posts: 5
    Options
    hope I am not butting in , I am brand new and just had to say I think the funniest thing at our gym at the moment is probably ME , 72 year old fat woman trying desperately to look confident on the bike and treadmill LOL never mind I will get there one day .
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Well, it wasn't at a gym so this might not really count but.......

When I was out for my run this morning there was a guy on an e-bike (I hate those things....) wearing what appeared to be a wicker basket or flower pot holder as a helmet. I was too busy laughing to yell at him for passing too closely. :laugh: :laugh:
    hope I am not butting in , I am brand new and just had to say I think the funniest thing at our gym at the moment is probably ME , 72 year old fat woman trying desperately to look confident on the bike and treadmill LOL never mind I will get there one day .

Nope, not funny....inspiring when people of any age take control of their health.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

Heck lady that was me. I had a wedgie from hell.