Weird/Funniest things you have seen at the Gym

Options

Replies

• veracalore
    veracalore Posts: 14
    Options
    The weirdest thing I ever saw at the gym was a bunch of people minding their own business and working out.

Hahahahaha! I know right!
  • veracalore
    veracalore Posts: 14
    Options
    hope I am not butting in , I am brand new and just had to say I think the funniest thing at our gym at the moment is probably ME , 72 year old fat woman trying desperately to look confident on the bike and treadmill LOL never mind I will get there one day .

Better than a fat woman at an all you can eat buffet.
  • Evilmuffin666
    Evilmuffin666 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    This thread is hilarious! I have only read the first five pages and it is great! I will read more in the next day or so, but wanted to write something funny I saw the other day. It wasnt at the gym but I think it Counts. I was out Walking my dog and a Young female runner came by me. She was dressed full out with the running attire.... but carrying a Louis Vutton HANDPURSE. Not the Kind with a Long strap...... Am I out of touch with the latest running accessories, or is that just weird?
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Last Saturday's crazies...

Lady on the recumbent bike doing about 1 mph gabbing on the cell phone.

Guy sitting on one of the machines watching the news on TV for over 30 minutes. Not working out, just parked there like it was a Barco-Lounger.

Lady huffing and puffing with one and two pound weights at five reps per.

Monday morning funnies... Me. Almost went flying off the treadmill when I craned my head around to talk to my PT and lost my balance. Oops. Fortunately he and I were the only ones there at the time.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    - There's a guy at my gym who pedals BACKWARDS on the elliptical...meaning there is absolutely ZERO resistance. Meanwhile he stares at the rest of us huffing and puffing while he speeds along. I don't have the guts to tell him!
    Actually, alternating so that you sometimes go backwards on the elliptical is good for you and works more muscles.

Here's an article about some of the benefits: http://www.livestrong.com/article/155597-elliptical-forward-vs-reverse-for-muscles/
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I know passing gas is necessary, yet I am quite disturbed at how many rear end songs I hear on Monday and Wednesday's during our CX/WORKS class (a 30 minute ab class).

Eat the beans after the gym. GEEZ
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I can't remember if I posted to this thread before. It was the woman who was perfecting her bob with a flat iron and doing a full face makeup BEFORE working out. I didn't actually pay attention to how hard she was working out, but I always turn into a disheveled sweaty mess.
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    latest ones from yesterday, had my vest top on inside-out for my whole workout- luckilly managed to get away with that one i think, quite embarrassing though. didn't realise until halfway through either.

caught some guy 'observing' my behind whilst i was doing my squats. I caught him looking, in the mirror, and when he realised he moved away pretty quick. I thought it was rather amusing.:smile:
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    There was a man running on the treadmill for about an hour with his dress shirt and dress pants on with bare feet. When he was finished he wiped the sweat off his face, put his tie and dress jack on and a pair of shoes (no socks) and headed off to work. GROSS!
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    - There's a guy at my gym who pedals BACKWARDS on the elliptical...meaning there is absolutely ZERO resistance. Meanwhile he stares at the rest of us huffing and puffing while he speeds along. I don't have the guts to tell him!
    Why is there no resistance? My elliptical machine retains resistance even while pedaling backwards, and it works different muscles to do so. It's almost more difficult because I don't use the handlebars, so I have to work harder at keeping my balance, which is great for working my core.
  • oroblar
    oroblar Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    A lady at the gym I go to frequently wears light colored workout tights and a dark thong. To complete the package she wears a skin tight top that does nothing to hide her nips. She then does lunges the length of the gym in front of all the elipticals. This is all fair enough, if your comfy in what you wear that is fine. However, she then frequently complains that all the guys are pigs and stare at her all the time...
  • mrscool5
    Options
    Don't know if it's weird, but years ago when I was doing a fair amount of weight stuff I was on one of the leg machines. Now I've always been big and my legs carry me around everywhere, so obviously they are very strong. So I could lift about 220 lbs without a strain. Smaller than my butt, I'm sure, LOL.

Anyway, this guy comes in and looks at me for a second, then goes over to another machine. After I finish with the leg press and go to the next machine he goes over to it. Looks at the machine, looks at me, looks back at the machine. I could TELL he needed a lower weight, but didn't want to do less than some girl. After a few seconds he gets on the machine without changing the weight, puts his feet up on the platform thing........strains......strains harder..........the weights don't move, even a little bit. He sneaks a look at me, tries again, looks at me again.... (The whole time I am trying very hard to appear that I never noticed him.) Finally he very quietly reaches over, lowers the weight by about 100 lbs and starts over.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    one of the reasons I stopped using machines- I'm a shameless weight compar-er.

Shameless.

Although- that is QUIET hysterical he couldn't even budge the machine.

My favorite was the kid on the assited pull up machine- ours have knee pads- You know for you to kneel on.

He was standing on it- with a minimal weight- one hand on the bar- the other one on the cell phone in his ear.

he'd do 7-8 reps then switch sides.

Wildly amusing.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I don't go to a gym regularly but when I have gone with friends, I've been amazed by the women who come to the gym in cute workout gear, drop their kids at the daycare area, and just stand/sit around chatting w/ others for an hour then leave. No working out involved. MAYBE 3 min on the treadmill, maximum. Nothing else.

It's kind of like attending a sporting event. I'm not a sports fan, but I went to a few professional soccer matches with my ex husband and I was agog at the number of "fans" who did not even glance at the field. They wore the attire, drank beer and ate nachos and laughed with friends and then left.
  • ErinMLB
    ErinMLB Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    When I was working out at my office gym years ago,super mall gym. On my lunch I was on the treadmill... a girl comes in and proceeds to eat a pizza. not a piece......a whole pizza in between lifting very small amounts of weights. So do a set, eat a piece, do another set and so on. So crazy!
  • kramalicious
    Options
    There is another guy that wears the oversized tank tops with the sides cut out. He will lift weights, them look in the mirror. If his nipples are not out, he will twist them and say oh ya, daddy's lookin good. He is about 22. Weirdo!!

OMG that is funny as h*ll! The only thing that comes to mind for crazy things at the gym is, today when I was doing my cool down laps on the track at my Y, I glanced out the window, and there was a guy in a very brief bathing suit at the outdoor pool-- he was just sunbathing in a lounge chair on his stomach.

I don't know if he had worked out already, but it just struck me as funny that he was using the pool at the Y to sunbathe around noon on a weekday. Who needs a tan that bad?. of course, I don't go outside without sunscreen year round, so maybe it's more normal than I think. I'm in DC area so it was kinda cool outside too.
  • AnnACnd
    AnnACnd Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I used to work out in a gym in a small town late evenings and was usually alone. Sometimes this young man would work out and constantly go to the mirror to flex, sometimes flexing so hard he would grunt....always had to avert my eyes, awkward.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I used to work out in a gym in a small town late evenings and was usually alone. Sometimes this young man would work out and constantly go to the mirror to flex, sometimes flexing so hard he would grunt....always had to avert my eyes, awkward.
    There is a model guy at my gym who does that a lot- he lifts his shirt and feels up the left side like he's in pain or something- but mostly he's just flexing and looking... and showing off. He's adorable- totally model material- but spacey as hell- but his abs are delicious. No joke. He's impressive.
    There is another guy that wears the oversized tank tops with the sides cut out. He will lift weights, them look in the mirror. If his nipples are not out, he will twist them and say oh ya, daddy's lookin good. He is about 22. Weirdo!!

LOL we have a nipple shirt guy at my gym. and that's absolutely what I call him- nipple shirt guy.

he doens't do anything with his- but he might as well NOT be wearing a shirt- it's the tiny remnants down the front and back of a regular T shirt held together with a neck band and a bottom hem band.
  • forthemoney
    forthemoney Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I used to work out and swim at the local Y with a friend. The showers didn't have much privacy, so people tended not to worry about covering up on the way from the shower to the locker to get dressed. So one day we were walking from the showers to the lockers when we saw my parents' next door neighbor, a woman in her 80s. She called us over to say hi and kept my friend there chatting for several minutes -- all the while buck naked and very uncomfortable! It still cracks me up.
  • kramalicious
    Options
    Lady on treadmill in high heels.

Hilarious!

I must've missed out on the whole "Exercise in heels" movement. LOL Between this and the Zumba lady in heels and stripper socks, I have enough to amuse myself at the gym for weeks! Thanks everyone!