Infidelity & MFP - What Gives?

Options

Replies

• crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    For everyone saying "why would you care" and "it's none of your business" IMO it's not about how people work their own relationship/marriage. If both partners are aware and okay with whatever it is you're doing on the internet forums these days that's one thing. I kind of got the impression the OP was about things that are being hidden from one's S/O.

Because hiding things is always healthy for a relationship. Only good can come of it.

Also, for everyone who's flirting and hiding it, there's someone on the other side of that relationship with the potential to get hurt badly. Are you totally insensitive to these people?
    But OP has no need to get involved in someone else's relationship. For all we know, the SOs to the people that are being referred to know what happens and have a mutual understanding of how their relationship works.

Bottom line: Not your relationship, not your place to talk.
    yay! You're still here!
    WTF
    38148923.jpg
  • mdjcpa75
    mdjcpa75 Posts: 17
    Options
    In the time it took for this thread to get to 5 pages, I've sent 10 junk shots. Just sayin.
    now I feel left out...

ME TOO!!!
  • TX_Thundercat
    TX_Thundercat Posts: 2,437 Member
    Options
    I came here to find dirty housewives to have hot affairs with. Talk about about a misleading thread title. :grumble:
  • Iron_Maiden
    Iron_Maiden Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I came here to find dirty housewives to have hot affairs with. Talk about about a misleading thread title. :grumble:
    Oh....they're here my friend!
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Call me old-fashioned, but I think it is inappropriate to put your feet on your desk.

Yet she still has them there. Not being able to control internet behavior is driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • AmberLee2012
    AmberLee2012 Posts: 540
    Options
    I know most people LOVE these kinds of posts because it lets them showcase their witty remarks and comebacks, but I understand where OP is coming from. I randomly get messages from men who aren't on my friends list who say things like "I know you are married, but you are the extremely sexy." I'm not sure if they do this to see if I will flirt back or if they just want to pay a compliment. In any event, what people do with their relationships isn't my business. I just know I love my husband and he's the only man I need in my life :)
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options

I came to save the thread........I'm here love. (but I do work outside of the home. Do you still want to do me?)
  • kimimila86
    kimimila86 Posts: 424
    Options
    I only have one question. Who here wants to bang me? :huh:

400px-how-about-no-jpg.2822
  • Iron_Maiden
    Iron_Maiden Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Call me old-fashioned, but I think it is inappropriate to put your feet on your desk.

Yet she still has them there. Not being able to control internet behavior is driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah....not taking orders from gingerbread men, sorry.
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I only have one question. Who here wants to bang me? :huh:

400px-how-about-no-jpg.2822

That hurts my feelings. Reported!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I agree with you in that people's conduct online should be such that they wouldn't be uncomfortable saying those things in front of their spouse in real life.

Really, though . . . this is the internet. Have you ever read the comments section below any news story, video, editorial, etc.? All sorts of people come out of the woodwork. Concerning yourself with their morality is very overwhelming and not likely to be productive!

Your example of the one, single, sole, only, uno, solitary, lone, particular friend is anectodal at best. It's ONE person who confided in you. Your response to this was to immediately run to the forums and spill it all for the entire community.

What does that say about your character when it comes to being a confidant?

My marriage is my marriage. We like to goof off on the internet sometimes. Usually we're sitting within close proximity to each other when we're goofing off. If someone sends him something inappropriate, whatever. He's an attractive guy and the women can't help themselves from fawning. If they fawn a little too much, I put up a bikini pic or a leg pic and we compare notes. Honestly, whatever.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I think most of the 'flirting' that goes on here is jokingly, and no one does it seriously or with 'bad' intentions. That said, I think it's lame. Some people here think they are cool with their snarky attitudes and sarcasm. It's just annoying.
  • TX_Thundercat
    TX_Thundercat Posts: 2,437 Member
    Options

I came to save the thread........I'm here love. (but I do work outside of the home. Do you still want to do me?)
    [/quote

I appreciate the effort. I will make an exception.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your views. I will schedule a Caring Session layer this afternoon if time permits.

Add me to the schedule. :smokin:

We are scheduled for 4pm.
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Some seems to cross the line - and I agree there have been things on here that I know stem from people who have been overweight and underappreciated for a long time. Eventually they will get their self-confidence back and as they thin down and hopefully with that some self-respect.
    Unfortunately a lot of people who are overweight don't have self- respect because of the way they are treated by society and when they get thinner tend to act very wildly because now they are more interesting to the opposite sex (or same sex for that matter). I am older than a lot of the MFP membership so I speak from experience. I have seen this among friends and co-workers for decades. I think it is just what I hope to be part of the healing process.
    The downside is that it can also end up defeating the second part of the healing. Acting wild and crazy can stunt the gaining of self-respect and lead to a lifestyle where they may even end up gaining all the weight back because of the lack of self-respect.
    I know no one will listen to me - but I am going to say it anyway - get thin, get healthy and treat your body with the respect it deserves by not only the food you eat and the exercise you get but also in your relationships or lack there of. You don't want to be a number, you don't want to be a notch on someone's belt. You want to be cherished and you are deserving of being cherished for the wonderful beautiful people you are.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Can someone put a list together of the milfs on mfp? I would like to send a mass email.

of my junk.
  • JDySart777
    JDySart777 Posts: 270 Member
    Options

LOL!
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    I think most of the 'flirting' that goes on here is jokingly, and no one does it seriously or with 'bad' intentions. That said, I think it's lame. Some people here think they are cool with their snarky attitudes and sarcasm. It's just annoying.

gardenparty_zps23d61258.gif
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    For all the "it's none of your business" people, she's asking a question. If you don't want to answer it, then don't answer it, but don't be the Curiosity Police. Good Lord.
    So, the question is....Do married people on here view the flirting, sexting, etc as something other than cheating? Am I the only one who feels this is a little off the rails of what marriage should look like?

Thanks,
    Becky

tumblr_mh3hs6g2iv1rk8f2ho1_500_zpscbabe169.gif
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I cant say that I've seen infidelity in the forums/among my friends (but I also dont normally peruse this "chit-chat" forum because I dont find most of the topics beneficial to my weight loss journey). With that being said, I respect my husband and our marriage so I dont entertain ANY conversations that (1) I wouldnt want him to have with other women and (2) that I would NOT have in his presence.

Well said! :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.