• BOOMaggedon
    BOOMaggedon Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I love this thread!

funny-gif-selection-1.gif
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your views. I will schedule a Caring Session layer this afternoon if time permits.

Add me to the schedule. :smokin:

We are scheduled for 4pm.

Crap...I'll be on a plane at 4pm...
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I agree with you in that people's conduct online should be such that they wouldn't be uncomfortable saying those things in front of their spouse in real life.

Really, though . . . this is the internet. Have you ever read the comments section below any news story, video, editorial, etc.? All sorts of people come out of the woodwork. Concerning yourself with their morality is very overwhelming and not likely to be productive!

Your example of the one, single, sole, only, uno, solitary, lone, particular friend is anectodal at best. It's ONE person who confided in you. Your response to this was to immediately run to the forums and spill it all for the entire community.

What does that say about your character when it comes to being a confidant?

My marriage is my marriage. We like to goof off on the internet sometimes. Usually we're sitting within close proximity to each other when we're goofing off. If someone sends him something inappropriate, whatever. He's an attractive guy and the women can't help themselves from fawning. If they fawn a little too much, I put up a bikini pic or a leg pic and we compare notes. Honestly, whatever.

fwiw I find you far sexier than him...
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    tumblr_maz6lhV0Uy1rwzsbso1_500.gif
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    A lot of what you see is probably a bunch of friends goofing around with full disclosure to their SO, and shouldn't be taken so seriously. There probably are people who cross the line but I'd bet that's the exception, not the rule.

Didn't need to read the next 8-9 pages because this comment could have ended the thread.

I read the 8-9 pages... couldn't help myself.
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I came to MFP to do two things lose some weight and judge people's personal lives, and I'm almost out of weight to lose

And the infidelity, right?
    How many calories does judging others' personal life burn?

I'm here for the infidelity as well.
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I cant say that I've seen infidelity in the forums/among my friends (but I also dont normally peruse this "chit-chat" forum because I dont find most of the topics beneficial to my weight loss journey). With that being said, I respect my husband and our marriage so I dont entertain ANY conversations that (1) I wouldnt want him to have with other women and (2) that I would NOT have in his presence.

A thousand times yes.
  • Iron_Maiden
    Iron_Maiden Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I came to MFP to do two things lose some weight and judge people's personal lives, and I'm almost out of weight to lose

And the infidelity, right?
    How many calories does judging others' personal life burn?

I'm here for the infidelity as well.
    Apparently, you're in the right place. Troll on...
  • sapphies
    sapphies Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    In my time here, I've witnessed a fair amount of dating, canvasing, flirting, propositioning, attention seeking, etc (whatever you want to call it - in it's many shades) among married people. Tho single, I've been married and and have full respect for the institution (forgive the pun).

I know every marriage makes it's own rules and that is fine; however, I don't think the majority of these situations involve swingers nor "open" relationships. Call me old-fashioned but if it walks like a duck, it's a duck. If it feels like something that should be hidden from one's significant other, then it's probably cheating in one form or another, right? If I were married, there's no way I would behave in any way that would give my spouse any reason to feel uncomfortable or even raise an eyebrow.

I guess I understand people on here regaining their health & fitness (getting their sexy back to a degree) but the infidelity seems to run rampant and it's discouraging to those of us (me) who truly view marriage as something in which one should hold their trust. So, the question is....Do married people on here view the flirting, sexting, etc as something other than cheating? Am I the only one who feels this is a little off the rails of what marriage should look like?

Thanks,
    Becky

^^^Judgy McJudgy Pants ^^^
  • mlcantwell
    mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how chatting online is infidelity? We're just trying to have fun and joke around with our online buddies. Losing weight is hard, we could all use a laugh!
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I AGREE ....
  • Iron_Maiden
    Options
    I don't understand how chatting online is infidelity? We're just trying to have fun and joke around with our online buddies. Losing weight is hard, we could all use a laugh!
    Not what I'm referring to.....but....oh, forget it. Meh
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options

I'm sorry I had KIK sex with your husband. Can't we just move forward now??
  • Iron_Maiden
    Options

^^^Judgy McJudgy Pants ^^^
    Just a question..."Defensive McDefensivness Pants"
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lrldrzq4tQ1r39qcbo1_400.gif
  • michele2377
    michele2377 Posts: 50 Member
    Options

HOw did you clean the phone afterwards?
  • Iron_Maiden
    Options

Let's. I'm sure he wasn't alone.
  • kdaxon
    kdaxon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I know I am so late on commenting on this thread but I have to say its the most entertaining one I have seen so far. I cant weigh in because I broke up with my boyfriend and husband just so I wouldn't have that problem. :happy:
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    My wife is on my friends list!

You think banter on a website constitutes what exactly??????
    Nope, not talking about banter. Talking about the half dozen examples in my time here I know about in which they PM'd all night, propositioned one another, spouses didn't know they were on here, lead to phone calls, KIK, sexting, etc....

WOW - infidelity is running rampant on MFP. Six (yes, 6) cases of infidelity in almost a year, with 100's of 1000's of active MFP members. Someone outta shut this cesspool of immorality down!
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options

Can you have KIK sex with mine? You know for like a night off and stuff.
This discussion has been closed.