Options

Replies

• Cat_Lifts
    Cat_Lifts Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I take it as a compliment.

Here Kitty, Kitty.....kiitttttttyyyyyyyyyy! :flowerforyou:

tV8Gpzn.gif

just came here to say that gif is god damn adorable.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Curious. Does it matter to women what the guy looks like if it is offensive or not?

Which would be less offensive?

This guys saying "Looking good!" ..or
    mullet2.jpg

This guy saying "Looking good!"
    tumblr_m9ixabVJdt1r1jhxzo1_500.jpg

Answer honestly.
    It doesn't matter what the guy looks like! Both are equally offensive. If they don't know me, they have NO right to make comments like that. It's NOT a compliment, it's thinking they have the right. They don't.
  • labeachgirl
    labeachgirl Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Depends if I feel safe or not...
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I typically don't care. Compliments are niiiiiiiiiiiice :)

I just hate when they touch me. Has anyone been walking in the mall & a dude just grab your hand? When you try to yank it back, he holds onto your fingers and keeps begging to talk to you while licking his lips like some tired, busted LL Cool J? Ugh, true story. Happens alllllllll the time :(

Gross. He would have a broken hand--or worse--if he tried that with me.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    There was a car full of high school boys in my neighborhood one day blasting "You don't know you're beautiful" (that cheesy One Direction song) and they pulled up and started singing it to me while I was running. I about died of embarrassment. But I was smiling. Made my day.

That is actually way more clever than i would have expected from high school boys. :smile:

Once I was returning to my college dorm early one evening. Two boys started singing "A Pretty Girl Is Like A Melody." They didn't come near me and it was pretty sweet. But it was a college campus and it was more like a walking serenade than a cat call.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I have begun to love it when the road crew guys wave at me or say "keep going!" or ask me "how many miles today?". I take it as a giant compliment.

Assuming a friendly tone, that sounds like encouragement, not a cat call. It can be nice to see familiar faces when running, especially if you're a woman in case you need help one day.
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I have begun to love it when the road crew guys wave at me or say "keep going!" or ask me "how many miles today?". I take it as a giant compliment.

Assuming a friendly tone, that sounds like encouragement, not a cat call. It can be nice to see familiar faces when running, especially if you're a woman in case you need help one day.

I agree with this. A lot of people that pass me in their car every morning have begun to wave or even give a short honk. Many are women. They aren't cat calling but being friendly and encouraging. :)
  • genofreek
    genofreek Posts: 75
    Options
    I think it's sort of trashy, honestly. If you just call out something and go on your way then whatever, but then some guys grab their balls through their pants or chase you down the street or try to touch you, and that's messed up. Leave me alone. What, do you think I'm going to hear "NICE TITS BABY" and turn around with a huge smile on my face like "why, thank you! should we have sex now or after your wife leaves for work?"

And no it doesn't really matter what he looks like. If a dude acts like his mom didn't teach him better, he's automatically a 3 or less.
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options

No joke! It's been many a year (and many a pound) since I've been catcalled. I'll take what I can get. My husband told me I didn't look like a fatass in my spandex running gear last night, so I consider that a win. It's practically a cat call. :ohwell:

Talk about damned with faint praise! Ha ha ha.
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    They make me want to cry and go home. Seriously. I'm that self conscious when I'm running. And it's usually groups of college aged boys like "woooo!!! yeah!!!" out their window. So I know they're taunting me, which is what college age boys do when they see a "fat chick". I've BEEN to college, I KNOW.

Wow, if you're a "fat chick," then I'm really glad I wear earphones when I run on Bayshore!
  • HoneyDaggers
    HoneyDaggers Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    When I worked in Paris I got whistled at a lot. Circus attire does that. I liked it. Kinda nostalgic for it.
    Gym? Not so much.
  • MzCongeniality70
    MzCongeniality70 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I like when I'm pumped up at the gym and a group of ladies go "Meow meow" at me. Makes me want to pet them and take them home.

I am going to try this at the gym and see what happens.... :laugh: :laugh:
  • teddabod
    teddabod Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I like when I'm pumped up at the gym and a group of ladies go "Meow meow" at me. Makes me want to pet them and take them home.

I am going to try this at the gym and see what happens.... :laugh: :laugh:

Amy, I would so pet you...
  • short_nerdy_lady
    Options
    I'm 28 (but been mistaken for as young as 19 ALL THE TIME!) with this in mind considering the only people that "cat call" me are men in their 50's or older .. creeps me the hell out :S
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    If I could have a guarantee that nobody would ever notice me on the street again, I would weep with relief.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I usually think it's weird.
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    only if they are:
    dark-skinned
    hot
    dirty/sweaty
  • Kristine7813
    Options
    I don't think mature men do that sort of a thing but I guess to a certain degree they are flattering. I am past the point of taking that to heart as my confidence comes from within and people that matter.
  • seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I love catcalls. Yes, I know I'm hot, and thank you for recognizing it too - you're only human after all!
  • Frank_Just_Frank
    Frank_Just_Frank Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I love catcalls. Yes, I know I'm hot, and thank you for recognizing it too - you're only human after all!

Agreed. They make me feel so pretty ;)