STOP Under-Eating Folks!!

Options

Replies

• TracyJaneWineaux
    Options
    Don't tell other people what to do. People will eat however they want. You assume a lot about people.
  • TracyJaneWineaux
    Options
    Bad har day?
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    I'm set to 1300 and aim to eat 1200 every day. :) It's a little trick to make sure I hit my goal and still trick myself in to looking like I'm under. I'm never hungry. I eat when I'm hungry. Always. Which is why I know what I'm doing is sustainable. It's all in the individual. Even when I first started, I was never hungry. So everyone's body is different. I'm proud of your hard work and I'm really happy you've found that right blend of caloric needs for you!!! :) Keep up the good work!!
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I haven't been around here at MFP for long - but one thing I've learned from all the reading I've done here, is that you won't lose more weight if you undereat!!

Why go hungry?
    Why put yourself in starvation mode?
    Why set 1200 calories as your goal - and even then under-eat?
    Why don't you eat your exercise calories?
    Why don't you plan ahead?

I see so many posts:
    I'm starving!!
    I'm eating 1200 calories and not losing - what should I do?
    I haven't lost in six weeks - help!!
    I'm eating 1200 and exercising 6 days a week for 3 hours a day and not losing??!!
    I want chocolate!!
    Help me - I'm going to binge!!
    I hate veggies!!

Read, Ask Questions, Listen and Learn!!
    It's not rocket science.
    It's not a race.
    It's not a diet.

I'm taking it slowly. I have an appointment with my nutritionist next week, and expect to post another loss.
    Don't know if it will be two pounds, five pounds or ten - I only weigh once a month - so I'm confident it will be a loss because I've been eating pretty much on target - over a little bit a day here or there - but not over by much and only two or three days this month.
    I'm not hungry; I'm not starving myself; I eat foods I like and enjoy.
    I don't get support from SO - but I come here and get it.
    I plan ahead.
    I work my plan. :blushing:
    Life happens - if I have a bad day, I don't agonize over it.
    I know it's not going to happen overnight.
    I'm happy!

Go with the flow! :flowerforyou:

Don't worry - be happy! :bigsmile:

This is all your opinion and you said it yourself you really don't know what you are talking about and your knowledge comes from a message board ... so you pretty much discredited yourself in your first sentence.
  • REDI4CHANGE60
    REDI4CHANGE60 Posts: 170
    Options
    I respectfully disagree with you. You say that you have 182 pounds to lose and you have lost 12 ... obviously you can eat more calories and still lose weight than someone with 20 or 30 pounds to lose. I have been where you are now and losing weight was much easier then ... it gets harder the less weight you have to lose and that usually means less calories and more exercise. When you get down to the last 20 pounds to lose ... let's revisit the issue and you let us know how many calories it takes to maintain a steady weight loss. Good luck in your journey.

1650 on rest days, 1800-1950 on workout days, losing a touch over a pound a week since coming back to mfp and eating more. (For a total of six pounds in four weeks)

Hahaha ... No

My goal is 23 pounds at max, probably less. Does that make my view more worthwhile to you? :huh:
  • REDI4CHANGE60
    REDI4CHANGE60 Posts: 170
    Options
    I respectfully disagree with you. You say that you have 182 pounds to lose and you have lost 12 ... obviously you can eat more calories and still lose weight than someone with 20 or 30 pounds to lose. I have been where you are now and losing weight was much easier then ... it gets harder the less weight you have to lose and that usually means less calories and more exercise. When you get down to the last 20 pounds to lose ... let's revisit the issue and you let us know how many calories it takes to maintain a steady weight loss. Good luck in your journey.

1650 on rest days, 1800-1950 on workout days, losing a touch over a pound a week since coming back to mfp and eating more. (For a total of six pounds in four weeks)

My goal is 23 pounds at max, probably less. Does that make my view more worthwhile to you? :huh:

Hahaha ... No. And I did say 'respectfully'. You have been back for four weeks and have lost six pounds? Nice. Hope your success continues at that rate. Good luck in your journey!
  • bunnymum150
    bunnymum150 Posts: 311
    Options
    Best to you OP on your journey to optimal health, keep up the great work and sharing and doing what works for you:smile:

i sense sarcasm in the force....
    /quote]

no sarcasm intendee
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I don't give a rat's rear end what anyone else eats. I have seen a scant few on here who eat LCD and know why. I have no problem with them. The ones who get me are the ones when asked, "why do you eat so few calories"? They answer, "it works for me". Well awesome, but why does it work? Truth is, for most, 1200 is too little intake and makes it difficult to get macros in range. Eating too little is unhealthy, whatever the number is. That's what bothers me about defending a LCD, some who don't know any better may try it and do harm. The worst that can happen by eating a few too many calories is no loss or a little gain, but smart folks figure that out in time. An LCD masks the harm because people " see results" it's only later the damage is done. And before you waste your time flaming me, save it, cause I don't care what you think of my opinion, because it's just that, an opinion.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    why...won't...this...thread die....!!!!!!!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I don't give a rat's rear end what anyone else eats. I have seen a scant few on here who eat LCD and know why. I have no problem with them. The ones who get me are the ones when asked, "why do you eat so few calories"? They answer, "it works for me". Well awesome, but why does it work? Truth is, for most, 1200 is too little intake and makes it difficult to get macros in range. Eating too little is unhealthy, whatever the number is. That's what bothers me about defending a LCD, some who don't know any better may try it and do harm. The worst that can happen by eating a few too many calories is no loss or a little gain, but smart folks figure that out in time. An LCD masks the harm because people " see results" it's only later the damage is done. And before you waste your time flaming me, save it, cause I don't care what you think of my opinion, because it's just that, an opinion.

wait, you don't care what others eat and then you say 1200 is too little?????? Ummmmm, I got nothing...
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I feel starving on just 2816 calories so I don't understand how people on 1200 can feel full...
    if you were 5-1 110 pounds and female you might think different...
    A lot of people on my friends list eat 1200 and do fine with it and look great..it is all what works for your body ...
    My girlfriends 5'2, less than 110 and doesn't feel full on 1200...
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options

wait, you don't care what others eat and then you say 1200 is too little?????? Ummmmm, I got nothing...
    Exactly
  • bettepower
    bettepower Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am so deeply confused, I don't know what to do anymore. :sad:
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options

Rofl! My question exactly.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

Rofl! My question exactly.

ywMMMtH.jpg

not helping.
  • Lat1988
    Lat1988 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    exactly!
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Well, what can I say?

I'm sorry if my post offended you - I certainly didn't intend to ruffle feathers or insult anyone. And I didn't mean to sound preachy.

I'm just happy I found MFP, and I'm thankful for all the information people have shared, and the support offered. I guess I just wanted to share too.

So again - my apologies to anyone I've insulted. And thank you to others who have commented. :flowerforyou:

Mary

People are getting pi$$y because you said something entirely sensible, and common sense is not allowed when it comes to losing weight. Keep on eating well, living well and being happy. People who want to starve themselves skinny and get annoyed because you said something based on COMMON SENSE can do what they like.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Why would you assume that if you eat 1200 calories you are starving your self. If you eat healthy then your food would have less calories!!! I rarely go over 1200 and i am always full!!! You cant speak for everyone!! And I do not believe in the starvation mode!!

Neither can you. I eat 'healthy' and can EASILY rack up 2000 plus cals a day.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    Well, what can I say?

I'm sorry if my post offended you - I certainly didn't intend to ruffle feathers or insult anyone. And I didn't mean to sound preachy.

I'm just happy I found MFP, and I'm thankful for all the information people have shared, and the support offered. I guess I just wanted to share too.

So again - my apologies to anyone I've insulted. And thank you to others who have commented. :flowerforyou:

Mary

People are getting pi$$y because you said something entirely sensible, and common sense is not allowed when it comes to losing weight. Keep on eating well, living well and being happy. People who want to starve themselves skinny and get annoyed because you said something based on COMMON SENSE can do what they like.

ahh, too late, the orgies over. we need to wash down the sauna and prepare for tonight. you can get all pissy with everyone next time. thanks for coming.

end_of_thread.jpg
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I under eat, only because I workout out basically all day, I walk all day as well as do a cardio workout for 1.5hrs...every day. I have my calories set at 1200 because that's what I feel better at. I hardly eat the close to 1500 cal I can eat through exercise. I'm NEVER hungry or starving. I only EAT when I am hungry & not because a number tells me to do so.

I've lost all my weight in 7 months & kept it off with ease for 12 months after losing it. I'm never tired, worn out or in starvation mode.

But then everyone IS different. Eat more if you feel YOU need to, but till then..... let me eat what I know I can eat & be full on it.