STOP Under-Eating Folks!!

Options

Replies

• grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    If everyone learnt to eat when they're feeling true hunger these posts wouldn't happen.

Some days I eat 2000+ calories, day after I'll eat little to nothing (under 1000) or is feel to heavy, ill and bloated.

Just wish people would stop preaching. It's preference to how you eat, hence why most of us are here in the first place, because we preferred to stuff our faces instead of being healthy and exercising...
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    url.jpg
  • DIGGYSFAT
    DIGGYSFAT Posts: 2
    Options
    Stupid question here: Are we supposed to eat our exercise calories back? If MFP says that I have earned 290 calories through exercise am I supposed to eat 290 extra calories in a day? I am one of "those" people. I am working out 6 days per week and eating UNDER my 1200 calories per day...and am STILL wearing my fat clothes...snugly. Ugh. Feeling worthless and fat.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options

ahh, too late, the orgies over. we need to wash down the sauna and prepare for tonight. you can get all pissy with everyone next time. thanks for coming.

end_of_thread.jpg

Awww, thanks for the picture. Next time I reply to a post I'll wait and check to see whether Im allowed first :tongue:
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Stupid question here: Are we supposed to eat our exercise calories back?

Yes.
  • estielouise
    estielouise Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Eating 2000 or even 1500 makes me feel fat and heavy and bloated all day long. I have no energy with that many calories. I just end up sitting on the couch and playing video games.

At 1200, I have energy to clean house and go for walks. It's a lifestyle I can see maintaining for myself, whereas eating more than that is something I have to force myself to do.

I have found this recently!!! I used to be extremely tired all the time, but since i've been on 1200 calories a day, I feel less so, alright i'm not exactly dancing a jig, but I feel more energised! I have IBS so thats a mjor bonus for me- lets hope it lasts!

Sorry I have no idea how you use this stupid quote thing properly!
  • SaraBrown12
    SaraBrown12 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I don't get the whole starvation mode thing. I average 1000 cals a day through out the week. Eating healthy i find it hard to hit 1200. If this put my body into starvation mode then why would my body not TELL me it wanted more food by feeling hungry? I eat 4 small meals per day, low carb high protien, lean meats, fish, fruit, veg, fat free yoghurts and the odd protein shake here and there. When you eat good healthy unprocessed produce it tends to be lower on the calories. I refuse to fill myself with a spoon full of peanut butter just to add calories (although i have a nut allergy, just an example) I exercise every day and i feel better then ever.

I am not saying everyone will work the same way as my body, but i know for sure i am not in starvation mode by eating less then 1200 calories or i would have become ill, lethargic, lost muscle and generally in poor health. If my body asks for food then it gets it but my choice to eat a 100 calorie apple over a 300 calorie chocolate bar is not a bad call really.

There is no size fits all. Everyone is different and they post on forums for advice in the hope someone here has been through whatever issue they have and can advise them on how to deal with it. All the negative nasty posts are pointless. Doing the whole weight loss thing is tuff and i wish posters could stick together and be supportive of each other instead of trolls sat there waiting to pounce.

If you ask for advice on the forum then you will get many different responses and advice so its physically impossible to take ALL advice on board as some points from different people will be contradictory.

Anyways. Good luck to all xxx
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I don't get the whole starvation mode thing. I average 1000 cals a day through out the week. Eating healthy i find it hard to hit 1200. If this put my body into starvation mode then why would my body not TELL me it wanted more food by feeling hungry? I eat 4 small meals per day, low carb high protien, lean meats, fish, fruit, veg, fat free yoghurts and the odd protein shake here and there. When you eat good healthy unprocessed produce it tends to be lower on the calories. I refuse to fill myself with a spoon full of peanut butter just to add calories (although i have a nut allergy, just an example) I exercise every day and i feel better then ever.

I am not saying everyone will work the same way as my body, but i know for sure i am not in starvation mode by eating less then 1200 calories or i would have become ill, lethargic, lost muscle and generally in poor health. If my body asks for food then it gets it but my choice to eat a 100 calorie apple over a 300 calorie chocolate bar is not a bad call really.

There is no size fits all. Everyone is different and they post on forums for advice in the hope someone here has been through whatever issue they have and can advise them on how to deal with it. All the negative nasty posts are pointless. Doing the whole weight loss thing is tuff and i wish posters could stick together and be supportive of each other instead of trolls sat there waiting to pounce.

If you ask for advice on the forum then you will get many different responses and advice so its physically impossible to take ALL advice on board as some points from different people will be contradictory.

Anyways. Good luck to all xxx

if that works for you then more power to you ...everyones body is different ...

no, you are not in starvation mode. Starvation mode is when you eat nothing for a minimum of 72 hours and then your body begins to turn on itself for energy ...think starving kids in africa = starvation mode..

Missing snack 23 out of 24 does not put you in Starvation mode...

My work is done here...for now.
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    IT'S ALIVE!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHA

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRULO1qYa9CDwLUEG1twHm_4FY29rkQMIgQZL3_DSGwetVlN49N
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

this thread is stuck between worlds....

LivingDeath.jpg
  • ekz13
    Options
    [img]http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad263/strawberryturtle/GIF Album/tumblr_lm1uxuLml31qh9y1d.gif[/img]

...and QFB (quoted for bird)
  • ekz13
    Options

this thread is stuck between worlds....

LivingDeath.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJFkwqxYi4CORk4iDaeDU2iHkXjcvySL61ojrFOhyDaxdmy9YQ

Game...Set...Match

/thread
  • dwickster
    dwickster Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hi Marg good luck to you in your weight loss quest. i also have been trying to lose weight but now i am 67 and having lots of problems in this area. i try to walk the dog more as thats the only exercise i get it seems. but this website reallly helps me and friends like you will help. would like to keep in touch with you if i can. maybe we can help each other. went to my weight club last night and gained half lb. i was so devastated. i wanted to so much to lose this week as i would have gotten my dues paid. well i will keep trying.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJFkwqxYi4CORk4iDaeDU2iHkXjcvySL61ojrFOhyDaxdmy9YQ

Game...Set...Match

/thread

And now, I just lost the game.
  • supersparklies
    supersparklies Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I believe we've all got to find our own "sweet spot" for weight loss.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Dear SuperSparklie,

you are so right, it is so funny when i read someone with really lots to lose ( like 100+ lbs) giving advice to a really small, short person who is only need ing to drop 20 lbs or less and in addition, who has bever really been obese.

b4 i attempt to give advice i first try to if possible look for Age, height, Weight and weight history.....age matters as does health. As far as the countless pages telling people to """""eat more and lift heavy""" someone is forgetting a big part of the equation, they are already dealing with a horrible BMI because they "ate more".

Getting healthy, staying within a "good" weight... and how to get healthy ......very individual.
  • Dottyb1940
    Dottyb1940 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    well said, she is not saying you have to eat her way she is putting her point of view, that!s all
  • REDI4CHANGE60
    REDI4CHANGE60 Posts: 170
    Options
    why why WHY do people suddenly feel the need to preach to everyone just because theyve gone on a diet!?! If they've posted asking for advice FINE give your opinion, but there's no need to jump up in a pulpit and start preaching how other people should live just because YOU have gone on a diet. I'll eat how i want ( no im not hangry) and if i need advice i'll post asking for it :grumble:

Makes sense to me. I think what was so irritating ... and what turned so many off ... was the know-it-all tone of the post. What was funny was that she began by saying that she hadn't been around long and didn't know a lot, but then said 'you won't lose more weight if you undereat', then focused on 1200 calories and starvation mode. LOL! My point to her was that she can eat more and lose weight at her current weight ... not trying to be mean, but when I weighed over 300 pounds I could eat 2500 calories a day and lose weight. Not now ... no way! And why does everyone get so worked up about 1200 calories? 1200 calories is very doable if you are careful with your choices ... I do it on a low carb, lots of protein, diet every day. And I am not hungry either! I think those pointing to 'reading comprehension' need to reread her first sentence and then shut the heck up.
  • REDI4CHANGE60
    REDI4CHANGE60 Posts: 170
    Options

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Dear SuperSparklie,

you are so right, it is so funny when i read someone with really lots to lose ( like 100+ lbs) giving advice to a really small, short person who is only need ing to drop 20 lbs or less and in addition, who has bever really been obese.

b4 i attempt to give advice i first try to if possible look for Age, height, Weight and weight history.....age matters as does health. As far as the countless pages telling people to """""eat more and lift heavy""" someone is forgetting a big part of the equation, they are already dealing with a horrible BMI because they "ate more".

Getting healthy, staying within a "good" weight... and how to get healthy ......very individual.

Yep, this! Totally agree.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost in 6 weeks. Heck, I haven't lost in 6 months. I do not under-eat. Dropping calories now to lose. It sucks. I want to eat more.