Everyone do me a favor...

Options
14567810»

Replies

• ShadowSP7
    ShadowSP7 Posts: 53
    Options
    Instead of all of us doing you a favor why don't you do is a favor and stay out of the message boards.
    Your obviously not here for the support or community, so stick with the calorie counter an stay out of everything else!
  • dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    "Damn, good job. That a lot of weight! Keep it up" quoting the OP
  • Fruch02
    Fruch02 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    "Damn, good job. That a lot of weight! Keep it up" quoting the OP

Your point?
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Just as you can't motivate a seed to grow (you can only provide an appropriate environment that will allow it to grow), you can't motivate people. They motivate themselves. They have it, or they don’t. Some people will kick it up a notch to earn a promotion, or a reward, or for recognition. But ultimately, it’s up them.

This what you all need to realize about motivation:

First, you can’t motivate anybody to do anything they don’t want to do. Motivation is an internal thing, not an external thing.

The second thing is that all people are motivated. The person that stays in bed in the morning rather than getting up and going to
    work is more motivated to stay in bed than to work. They might be negatively motivated, but they are nonetheless motivated.

The third thing is that people do things for their reasons and not for yours. The trick is to find out what their reasons are.

So instead of asking for motivation....be inspired by others gains and motivate yourself to workout and get the job done. Don't come on here asking for motivation.

ugh, really?? after people have actually defined the words for you, you still have the gall to come back and argue about it?
    Are you really that dense or are you just being a troll?

This thread needs to die anyways.
    godkitty.jpg
  • trinitylyons01
    trinitylyons01 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Just as you can't motivate a seed to grow (you can only provide an appropriate environment that will allow it to grow), you can't motivate people. They motivate themselves. They have it, or they don’t. Some people will kick it up a notch to earn a promotion, or a reward, or for recognition. But ultimately, it’s up them.

This what you all need to realize about motivation:

First, you can’t motivate anybody to do anything they don’t want to do. Motivation is an internal thing, not an external thing.

The second thing is that all people are motivated. The person that stays in bed in the morning rather than getting up and going to
    work is more motivated to stay in bed than to work. They might be negatively motivated, but they are nonetheless motivated.

The third thing is that people do things for their reasons and not for yours. The trick is to find out what their reasons are.

So instead of asking for motivation....be inspired by others gains and motivate yourself to workout and get the job done. Don't come on here asking for motivation.

You asked us to prove you wrong about there being a difference between motivation and inspiration... and we did.

You said if we proved you wrong you would shutup... but you haven't.

We CLEARLY gave you the definition of motivation AND inspiration and showed you they are synonyms, meaning they have the same meaning and can be interchanged... yet you are still saying get inspired instead of motivated.

Several people have (accurately) stated that everyone's journey to weight loss is a personal one and, when you're on a site that is clearly based on support, motivation, encouragement and advice people should not be told or criticized for how they reach that journey... yet, you STILL insist on trying to tell people what to do.

How about this, you keep your opinion about motivation and how we should achieve our journeys to yourself and we'll continue our weight loss any way we darn well please!

I think that is a perfect compromise since you REFUSE to shutup about what others should or shouldn't do. Don't you?!
  • jamaroo33
    jamaroo33 Posts: 7
    Options
    funny topic in my humble opinion. Women seem to need the support from friends and others and men seem to make up their minds and just do it. :smile:
  • LaGata8484
    LaGata8484 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Everyone could use motivation. It's a good think to be self-motivated, but not everyone is. We're all different, and that's what makes the world go round. =)
  • LaGata8484
    LaGata8484 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Oh yes... I forgot to add that this site says that you're likely to lose more weight when you engage with others... that is motivation/inspiration.
  • Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    "People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing... that's why we recommend it daily."
    -Zig Ziglar
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    For me, I find my friends here to be motivating because when I'm at the gym, I know I'm going to log my calories. I want to log as many calories as humanly possible to look like a bad *kitten*. :tongue: Seriously, I think of my friends who are going to see my update of how much I burned and it MOTIVATES me to do more/go farther. It doesn't inspire me. It motivates me. There.

:tongue:

(people who may or may not be simply sitting on their couch at the time of my workout certainly can't inspire me. But thinking of them seeing my workout results motivates me to go farther)