Any pitbull owners out there?

Options

Replies

• pitlvr2x
    pitlvr2x Posts: 17
    Options
    OMG, I think I just pee'd my pants...those eyebrows are a RIOT!! I had 2, lost my female red nose Sienna 3 yrs ago (cancer) and have my male Andy (who has cancer - not from same places or time) BOTH RESCUES, best dogs EVER! hence my screen name
  • ashleighk123
    ashleighk123 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Mo 2 year old female pit mix:
    SummerPictures2010159.jpg

Mo Again:
    momo.jpg

Puppy Mo being eaten by a cat:
    shevamo.jpg

Charlie: 3 year old Heinz 57 - probably has a little of every breed under the sun
    Charlie.jpg

Charlie + Mo when Mo was a puppy:
    charliemo2.jpg

As I type, vicious pit bull is demanding more couch space next to me...
  • pitlvr2x
    pitlvr2x Posts: 17
    Options
    Here's Fiona attacking my youngest son. See how scared he is???
    2012-07-06175546.jpg

And here's Fiona again. Eyebrows make her self-esteem go through the roof!!! :bigsmile: Yea, me and my sons were bored one day, and my brother was coming to visit. It took him a few minutes to notice what was different about her. However, he noticed right away that I had lost an arm, due to her viciousness, when drawing on the eyebrows.
    2012-06-17180257.jpg
    2012-06-17180543.jpg

And finally, here is Fiona and Missy. As you can see, Missy is very afraid of Fiona--because, I mean, Fiona IS a pitbull afterall--they love playing tug of war. However, Fiona always wins because she locks on the rope so hard, and Missy, being a retriever, holds the rope much looser.
    2012-05-04165133.jpg
  • KaidaKantri
    KaidaKantri Posts: 401
    Options
    YES!!!! I have had three. Two have passed from cancer and we still have our pit/germ shep mix. They are one of the best dogs. My husband (who is a vet) has always said the most dangerous end of a pitty is the tail.

HAHA This is great. I agree with the most dangerous end being a tail! OOO you should share pics of yours, I have a german/Pit mix as well, though, not having the ability to know her background there is a possibility she might have something else in her.
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    There is only one in my eyes

http://stuffonscoutshead.com/

That is awesome!! Makes me want to do the same thing, but Amos wouldn't sit still long enough, lol.
  • Natsume
    Natsume Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am an animal lover, cats, dogs, it doesn't matter. I prefer bigger dogs due to them not feeling breakable. :P Wrestling with the bigger dogs is fun ^_^. Anyway, I have found that the best pest are either strays, rescues, or came from the humane society. Granted an animal can fall into all of those categories. My theories are that the animals know what you are giving them, and appreciate it. I will admit I am not a fan of pure breeds, but that is due to cat/puppy mills. Good breeders will not have the health issues that bad breeders have, and the animals will be happier. I am speaking from my personal experiences though.
  • tosmoothash
    tosmoothash Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    About 3 years ago I had a chocolate red nose pit with a white stripe down the front and then some one STOLE HER!!!! Her name of course was Choklate.....I never found her or the *kitten* that took her. Of course no one saw anything!!!! I miss her:cry::sad:

But I :heart: pits...they are the best!!!
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I used to work in a shelter, and you will never find a sweeter dog begging to come home with you than a pit. I love dogs in general, but I have a soft spot for the much maligned pits.

Also, when it comes to children vs. pets, I most often fear for the pets. In the case of pit bulls, I've yet to personally deal with a child-unfriendly pit.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    nibbles.jpg

she is very sweet.
  • afgivens4
    afgivens4 Posts: 117
    Options
    I have one. He has been with me and kids since he was less than a year old after rescued from some horrible people who deserve to be chained up and starved like they did the dogs. Anyway, he is now almost 15 years old! The biggest fattest most spoiled dog ever I believe. I would post a pic, but don't know how....
  • lynda155
    lynda155 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My next door neighbor has a two yr old pit... Just the sweetest, mooky, lovable doggie.... He likes to play with my jack russell. So I truly believe dogs are born loving and beautiful... Its the owners that scare me when they make their dogs aggressive...

My doggies are big hippies!
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    What cute pups everyone!!!!
    For anyone who doesnt know the breed here are some things:

1) They are attention *kitten*. They have to be near you, or touch you, or attempting to get as close to you as possible at ALLLLL times lol

2) They are stubborn, and they get emo. When they dont get their way that literally pout. My female will sit down with her back facing to me, and look back and sigh then stare at a wall lol

Yes!!!! Mine does a full on child-like whine when she doesn't get her way! :laugh:

And here's Fiona again. Eyebrows make her self-esteem go through the roof!!! :bigsmile: Yea, me and my sons were bored one day, and my brother was coming to visit. It took him a few minutes to notice what was different about her. However, he noticed right away that I had lost an arm, due to her viciousness, when drawing on the eyebrows.
    2012-06-17180257.jpg
    2012-06-17180543.jpg

OMG!!!! The eyebrows~ you're killing me here!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Here is my little almost 8 month old pit mix rescue from the SPCA. Her name is Honey and I just LOVE her!!! Sure, she'll attack...with kisses of course! She wants to kiss everyone! She's got so much love to give. She's also a complete wiggle butt when she wags her tail which is always! :happy:

<3 Happy pup!
    002-small.jpg

On our kayak trip this past weekend
    587-small.jpg

With her best friend~ my mom's dog, Coffee :)
    547-small.jpg

Okay, I could post cute pix of my girl all day!!! lol
    469-small.jpg
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! This is my baby girl, Dolly. She passed away almost 2 years ago. She was almost 13 years old. She was the greatest dog I have ever owned.
    dolly1.jpg
    Jan16233new.jpg
    Photo_090806_001.jpg
  • KatdenRN
    KatdenRN Posts: 52
    Options
    beautiful pics! the most aggressive dog I have ever had was my miniature dachshund.... he bit a few people... and he meant to... he even chased a pit for getting close to his raw hide... he had no clue how small he actually was!
  • lynda155
    lynda155 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! This is my baby girl, Dolly. She passed away almost 2 years ago. She was almost 13 years old. She was the greatest dog I have ever owned.
    dolly1.jpg
    Jan16233new.jpg
    Photo_090806_001.jpg

I am very sorry for your loss... I know how tough and painful that can be... I lost one of my Jack Russell rescues, Max, a little over 2 months ago...He was five, we found out after, he had an underlying heart condition. He was a pip, but so loving too... my heart goes out to you! Doggies rule!
  • palmkath
    palmkath Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new and want to post a pick of my dog but I don't know how. Can someone walk me through it? Thanks!
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new and want to post a pick of my dog but I don't know how. Can someone walk me through it? Thanks!

Copy the URL of the picture (like if its in facebook) - "Righ click" on the picture and select "Copy URL"

Next past the URL between [img][/img]

done deal :)
  • javagsd
    javagsd Posts: 82
    Options
    I'm a dog trainer, but own that other demonized breed, German Shepherds. My profile pic is with one of mine earning a herding title on her 9 months birthday.
  • palmkath
    palmkath Posts: 11 Member
    Options

Copy the URL of the picture (like if its in facebook) - "Righ click" on the picture and select "Copy URL"

Next past the URL between [img][/img]

done deal :)

Thanks!
    I hope this works...
    421764_891532999295_1787473228_n.jpg
    417445_875014572355_524894880_n.jpg
    549123_984605905445_789081097_n.jpg
  • JVanDam77
    JVanDam77 Posts: 130
    Options