How to you eat cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• jrutledge01
    jrutledge01 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    i just take a tub of it and sprinkle salt and pepper on it.. then dive in with a spoon!
  • Wenzday7777
    Options
    In a protein smoothie...there's a recipe floating around on this site called cake batter protein smoothie. I think it calls for about 1/2 C water, 1/2 C cottage cheese, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 6 g of sugar free vanilla pudding mix (or 1/2 t of vanilla extract), 1/8 t of almond extract, 2-3 packets of stevia(or sugar sub) and a couple of ice cubes. Blend together.

i do this and and mix up the flavors 0f protein powder but mix the water and cottage cheese first whip it almost looks like into plain yogurt at that point then add the rest also dont ads all the water at once or it will either be to liquid or to thick. i love it i do it almost every day in my shakes very tasty..

i also put dill weed in my cottage cheese or bacon salt soooooo goooooooddddd
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    With chocolate protein powder, blueberries, stevia, cinnamon and raw almonds.
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Straight 'cause I'm hardcore.
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of it plain, either.

Sometimes I eat it with tomatoes (one of the small varieties) and pepper. Or with the "usual" fruit.

But imho, the best way to eat it is in protein pancakes. You can put greek yogurt on top with some fruit for even more protein. These are also gluten free. :)

http://www.food.com/recipe/oatmeal-cottage-cheese-pancakes-43072
  • AwesomePossum82
    Options
    I peel a cucumber, take out the seeds and put the cottage cheese on. Then top it with Basil. Mmmmmmmmm
  • Missklara
    Missklara Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I've never tried it with fruit, but i love to eat it with smoked turkey breast, integral crackers, rice crackers, prosciutto, integral bread. And even sweet version- with sugar(sounds aweful, but it's yummy)
  • kdaughertyfp
    kdaughertyfp Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    For breakfast this morning I made this: Cottage cheese, mixed in cinnamon, sweetner spread it on top of slices of very thin bread, sprinkled on some shredded co-jack cheese and put under the broiler.
  • meljofield
    meljofield Posts: 79
    Options
    Put it in a blender with dry ranch dressing and mix it till smooth, great dip for veggies!!
  • katiekrusher
    katiekrusher Posts: 143
    Options
    With a spoon.

Yessssss. Omnomnomnom
  • katiekrusher
    katiekrusher Posts: 143
    Options
    I like it with peanut butter...well..I like anything with peanut butter..
  • jenmilne12
    jenmilne12 Posts: 13
    Options
    Blend it until smooth and use it as dip for raw veggie hmmmmmmmmm delish
  • ambrwaves27
    ambrwaves27 Posts: 206
    Options
    I add FF cottage cheese to my pasta dishes for extra protein or eat it with cherry tomatoes and pepper....mmmmm.
  • gmpuggles
    gmpuggles Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I like to eat it plain, sometimes I'll cut up some fresh fruit and mix it in. I've heard some people who mixed in some balsamic vinegar in it.
  • AHatFullOfSky
    AHatFullOfSky Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    With a spoon? ;)
  • Pea4jjab
    Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Protein pancakes....YUM!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Mix with flavored non-Greek yogurt. Nice balanced snack.
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    With a clothes pin on my nose! YUCK!
  • ksloop00
    ksloop00 Posts: 144
    Options
    I put watermelon or honey in mine, yummy!
  • AlexPflug
    AlexPflug Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I like it with a lot of black pepper as a side to a dish. It's great to eat with fresh garden tomatoes, too.